• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Sheahan already trying to downplay the compensation we should get saying we shouldn't get the same as Geelong did for Ablett because Ablett was a proven star of the game. Sheahan saying we should get a first-rounder and maybe a second or third rounder as well.

[censored] that. The club needs to get on the front foot with this one and let it be known we won't take anythign except two first rounders. Based on the AFL's own calculations for compo we deserve the highest level. A #1 pick two years ago who has been offered a $6M/6 years front-loaded contract and will be the highest paid player in the comp next year. Regardless of what he has or hasn't shown based on these two factors we should be getting 2 first rounders and anyone who even mentions anything less needs to be shot down by the club.

We can't let this permeate through the circle-jerk media, everyone knows Sheahan and the like are mouthpieces for the AFL so if he is coming out with this you know there is an agenda there. Nip it in the bud now before it is repeated on On The Couch, One Week at a Time, Footy Classified (though hopefully Garry will get on to it tonight), AFL Insider, AFL 360, Sheahan's column tomorrow, Wilson's column tomorrow, etc etc. Once stories like this grow legs they get repeated ad nauseum and condition the public to the reality they want to create. Fact is we deserve two first rounders and if there was any fairness to this we would be given another #1 priority pick in compo. Of course there isn't so at the very least it should be two first rounders.

+1

We must push for the Top Compensation or else ALL Victorian Clubs will feel the hurt from this in time.

6 Mill in 6 Years...no established club can pay that unless they wish to break the Salary Cap.

Welcome Free Agency....Call this the first deal.

I just bumped into Sheedy at Sydney airport and apart from wanting to give him a few choice words, I asked him about the compensation for $cully.

He said quote, "You will get 1st and 2nd round picks and you should consider that as lucky".

Is that tier 1? I thought tier 1 was two first round picks?

I hate Sheedy, has a massive chip on his shoulder since we didn't hire him.

Interesting to see that G Lyon voted Darling the 5th best recruit out of that draft; i wonder if he was upset we didn't look at him more closely?

Why would we want a player that was able to it the ground running anyway, isn't it better to put them at Casey for 3 or 5 years first?

Oh please robbie don't get me started on this again I am almost over it.

I have resigned myself to the idea this will change under a new coach.

Roos has some interesting stuff to say in this video. Believes that its the wrong move by Scully.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-scully-signs-with-greater-western-sydney/story-fn69a32t-1226134024795

Roos only cares about the Swans, he wants GWS to fail.

IMO it's a wrong move by GWS, not Scully.

I just bumped into Sheedy at Sydney airport and apart from wanting to give him a few choice words, I asked him about the compensation for $cully.

He said quote, "You will get 1st and 2nd round picks and you should consider that as lucky".

With all due respect to you and f'all to Sheedy - he wouldn't have a clue, it's got nothing to do with him or GWS. Until we trade them back for pick 1 in the U17 draft that is.

Tom was just on the rush hour with JB and Billy. The annoying thing is he speaks so well. Just said the facilities are great, the house he will be living in is beautiful and he if off to the states for a month on thursday. Said Garry has been good to him and appreciates the help he gave Tom. Sasi he knee is fine for pre season.

Tom Scully never bought into team ethos and this was reflected by astute observers regarding the way we conducted himself

he was always an outsider. 2 years of development has seen this traitor take the money and run.

While not surprised I'm angry that this has come to fruition and been so orchestrated to maximise GWS exposure.

Melbourne supporters have been treated with contempt even the ones who have been drinking his bathwater.

I refuse to ignore the reality of this situation we are a weak club that hasn't been able to retain an integral part of

our rebuild which we earned of the back of 2 horrendous seasons.

Christ we have so far to go lets hope this makes us stronger and this is the bottom of the pit.

Saw this on BF

Originally Posted by Kubler-Ross

The stages, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, include:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

We're between 2 and 3 at the moment - hope we can do a decent deal at 3 and skip 4.

Saw this on BF

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

We're between 2 and 3 at the moment - hope we can do a decent deal at 3 and skip 4.

I believe the bargaining part of DABDA involves the theme - "I would have given him more $$$, would have cleaned up the club, would have rathered player X leave to keep him."

I'm pretty much at Acceptance stage with Depression this morning...

Saw this on BF

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

LOL.

Old, the bad news is that these stages of coping with loss are widely accepted to not necessarily happen chronologically, and worse still, you can go between them just once you think you are through the one before it! Bargaining doesn't usually mean draft picks, but hey, I like the analogy nonetheless.

Then again, I am still in stage 1, because I think he will change his mind tomorrow.... won't he?

Edited by Choko

Guest Thomo

Why? In order to censor some of the ignorant vitriol displayed by certain posters on this very thread towards others who posted, in good faith, comments that were at odds with their cheerleader view of Tom Scully and 'his word'?!

The reality is, many people knew this was stitched up a long time ago. For instance, I merely posted what I had heard at a GWS coterie function held at the Swans v Collingwood game several months ago, only to get hounded down by some genuinely idiotic posters. I've heard plenty since, but didn't see the value in posting it on this site in the circumstances.

And fyi - only last Friday, Kevin Sheedy was boasting to a number of my mates that GWS had landed Scully and that an announcement would be made around midday on Monday (ie, today). Funny that, because that's exactly what happened.

Between Friday and today though, Scully has been declaring to all and sundry that he had still not yet made up his mind. I pose the question - is that really plausible?

And, to think, we probably didn't take Jack Darling because of fears about his character. No doubt, he'll end up playing about 310 games for the Eagles - whereas our prized number one draft pick gave us 31 reaonably average games. Thankfully our number 9 has what we need in spades.

I was one that pulled you up when you posted that. My 'Idiotic' post was due to you making up a story about Sheedy telling you that he had signed Scully, that you later admitted was untrue (someone told your friend, and you changed it to you and Sheedy), so don't rewrite history.

Guest Darren Lamb

Caroline Wilson

According to sources Cameron Schwab hung up on Tom Scully when he phoned to tell him he was leaving the club

Get this off her twitter?

Cos Caroline Wilson doesn't have a twitter account.

It's fake.

Clearly we made a mistake in signing Scully. Can someone confirm that Dustin Martin was offered in the vicinity of 800k last year to join Gold Coast? We should have drafted him.

Money isn't everything for some folks (especially after a nice 60% tax rate). Damn you Scully for stuffing us about for a long time.

I was one that pulled you up when you posted that. My 'Idiotic' post was due to you making up a story about Sheedy telling you that he had signed Scully, that you later admitted was untrue (someone told your friend, and you changed it to you and Sheedy), so don't rewrite history.

I'm not re-writing history. It was written today. Quite clearly I would've thought.

Guys, honestly I was as mad as anyone when I found out. But after discussions at school, I think this has to be taken into perspective.

He's come from a family that hasn't had the best of things, and at the offer of 2 million dollars next year, then 4 million over 5, thats just too hard to refuse. Being the family orientated guy he is, he'd be able to help set up his parents in a nice house and really help them out.

I don't resent Tom, I hate the AFL for putting this team in the competition and it's snake like regulations that allow things like this to happen.

Who offers a kid thats played 31 games $2 million dollars next year? That sort of money is record breaking, for a injury riddled player in his third season!

The compensation is also a crock of [censored]. We used our number 1 pick on this kid, and what do we get in return? Pick 10 and 19? Joke.

Shattered.

WOW! 5-6 million for a player who, at this point, IMO hasn't proven a single thing, other than the inability to kick very far, to be a possible injury liability, to not be able to finish tackles and to be swayed by the $$$$$.

Maybe I should get my F'book friends to hype me up with a whole lot of BS and maybe GWS will pay me 100G to hang out at the club or something.

Thank God they didn't target someone who is bonafide like JT. :)