• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Has Todd changed his mind on coaching?

dees189227

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122088/default.aspx

Interesting article on the AFL website. Todd says he will review things after the season. I know we only beat GC but maybe he sees some things working and now he has been there for a few weeks he has settled into it.

Todd obviously doesnt hold back on anything and it seems like last week there were some truths spoken about the richmond loss. As they said on radio today, Todd was the toughest player when he ran out on the field and he would expect nothing less than his players. He isnt afraid to make the big calls either.

Anyway what would you think about Todd being coach. Im just not sure how he will go coaching his son.

i'll post this here too. .

Viney is putting the club before himself. He is interested in the role and will, in my opinion, be coach should either Malthouse or Ross Lyon not accept the position. Should that happen, I think he will be a very good coach, with his experience as an assistant over the last 10 years or so at successful clubs with good coaches. I would think should that happen, the club will attempt to appoint an experienced senior assistant, with probably Neil Craig an ideal choice if he hasn't already accepted a position under Voss at the Lions, as speculated - especially seeing they worked together at the Crows. I, for one, would be very happy if that happened, however, my gut feel still says that one of Malthouse or Ross Lyon will accept the position. .

i'll post this here too. .

Viney is putting the club before himself. He is interested in the role and will, in my opinion, be coach should either Malthouse or Ross Lyon not accept the position. Should that happen, I think he will be a very good coach, with his experience as an assistant over the last 10 years or so at successful clubs with good coaches. I would think should that happen, the club will attempt to appoint an experienced senior assistant, with probably Neil Craig an ideal choice if he hasn't already accepted a position under Voss at the Lions, as speculated - especially seeing they worked together at the Crows. I, for one, would be very happy if that happened, however, my gut feel still says that one of Malthouse or Ross Lyon will accept the position. .

Viney/Laidley would be ok in my books.

I'd like to see Viney appointed as senior coach on a two-year term with a mandate to do everything he can to turn these mentally fragile boys into tough, aggressive, hard-bodied men.

That must be our number one priority ... culture change.

Forget finals and ladder position for two years. The results (and flag assaults) will eventually come once this club has a playing list that relishes the bump and bash of top four footy.

There's enough talent there to work with. Let Todd weed out the weakies and add some Hawthorn-like aggro to the ones who stagnated under Bailey.

Viney in the hot-seat with a crew of highly astute (read ... all new) assistants is okay by me.I have a feeling the playing group would relish it as well.

Edited by Range Rover

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122088/default.aspx

Interesting article on the AFL website. Todd says he will review things after the season. I know we only beat GC but maybe he sees some things working and now he has been there for a few weeks he has settled into it.

Todd obviously doesnt hold back on anything and it seems like last week there were some truths spoken about the richmond loss. As they said on radio today, Todd was the toughest player when he ran out on the field and he would expect nothing less than his players. He isnt afraid to make the big calls either.

Anyway what would you think about Todd being coach. Im just not sure how he will go coaching his son.

Yes. I thought he would have come on 5 years ago, and I think he should be our next coach......just get equally hard-bastard assistants. No problem coaching Jack.

The club needs a new broom to come in and sweep the place clean. We need an outsider to come in who will assess the list, take stock of the situation and introduce his own style on the place.

By retaining Todd Viney, already an insider, I don't believe we will be able to achieve what's necessary to remove the stigma of what happened in the latter days of the Bailey coaching regime. We need to erase the memory of 186 and ensure that it can't happen again. No fault of Todd Viney's but what we've seen in the past month has been an extension of what happened on that day at Skilled Stadium. The club remains infected by the stigma of that day.

We need a complete change in coaching staff including the head coach and all assistants.

All due respect to Todd but no as senior coach. Having a father coaching his son will not work it will cause big problems for others later. Plus we only beat the Gold Coast yesterday it was nothing big and If we lose to Port nxt week why would you want someone who has only been able to get us 1 win out of 5 So a big NO. Aim for Eade, Malthouse, Laidley , Williams, Neeld

All due respect to Todd but no as senior coach. Having a father coaching his son will not work it will cause big problems for others later. Plus we only beat the Gold Coast yesterday it was nothing big and If we lose to Port nxt week why would you want someone who has only been able to get us 1 win out of 5 So a big NO. Aim for Eade, Malthouse, Laidley , Williams, Neeld

Todd is zero chance of getting the job, whether he wants it or not. Literally zero. GWS is more liekly to win 20 games next year than Viney being appointed head coach.

The club needs a new broom to come in and sweep the place clean. We need an outsider to come in who will assess the list, take stock of the situation and introduce his own style on the place.

By retaining Todd Viney, already an insider, I don't believe we will be able to achieve what's necessary to remove the stigma of what happened in the latter days of the Bailey coaching regime. We need to erase the memory of 186 and ensure that it can't happen again. No fault of Todd Viney's but what we've seen in the past month has been an extension of what happened on that day at Skilled Stadium. The club remains infected by the stigma of that day.

We need a complete change in coaching staff including the head coach and all assistants.

I think Viney is as outside as a former champ can get.

He went to the Hawks in 2001 and has been away from the club until 2011, he then was a development coach - and not involved in day-to-day coaching of the team.

He was never the senior assistant to Bailey as some idiots claim, and it is completely unfair to tar brush him with the failures of Bailey-Green and co.

With that said - I want Malthouse or Lyon.

However, if Garry thinks that Todd with some very astute assistants from Collingwood, Geelong, etc. can do the job then I am all for it.

But that decision can be made in late October, when Malthouse and Lyon have both said 'no.'

Viney/Laidley would be ok in my books.

Interesting..

I feel we must exhaust all avenues to secure a Malthouse type in preference, but as an Idea I rather like it. Theyd certainly provide the club with a no nonsense, take no prisoners type of team. Something distinctly lacking for about..umm..umm.. a bloody long time :rolleyes:

spose we file under watch this space !! B)

Are you suggesting Viney for 12 months, keeping the seat warm before Malthouse steps in?

This keep the seat warm argument keeps getting trotted out by the media. It is a really misconceived concept.

Let's just think it through and people should consider how likely each of these steps is:

- Viney gets the job

- Viney agrees that he will be in the job for only one year, no matter how well he performs OR we don't tell Viney that he is a lame duck

- Club keeps is s*it together with a coach who is coaching with no ambition OR a coach who has ambition but is a lame duck

- Malthouse gets appointed now for 2013 OR Malthouse isn't appointed now and we have a temporary coach warming the seat in the hope that malthouse would come to us later

- Malthouse happily watches the club he will be coaching in 2013 being coached by a guy with no ambition to coach beyond the year

There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Firstly, Malthouse is not the messiah. He should not get to determine the how and when he comes to the club, and MFC should not wait for him to honour some contract at Collingwood. If he wants to come in 2012, welcome. If not, he's just another Collingwood scumbag!

Secondly, if Malthouse were to be signed up now for 2013, as if Collingwood would let him stay there for 2012. Given that he would be kicked out of Collingwood for breach of contract, he would be available in 2012. As if, in that case, he would wait whilst Viney wasted a year.

So, in short, the temporary coach is not going to happen.

If Malthouse and Lyon fall through I would be happy with giving Viney a shot. I liked his experimentation with kickouts (the worst moment of any game under Bailey) and his preparedness to give the players a shakeup. You can actually see him trying to do something during the match.