Casey Scorpions v Northern Bullants

KC from Casey

Casey win by 100 points and finish fourth!

Casey Scorpions 4.6.30 13.8.86 19.10.124 28.12.180

Northern Bullants 3.3.21 5.3.33 7.8.50 11.14.80

Goals

Casey Scorpions Fevola 10 Matthews 5 Fitzpatrick 4 Bate Dunn Petropoulos 2 Bail McGough Wall

Northern Bullants Lambert Saad 2 Arrowsmith Austin Biffin Hampson Houlihan Iacobucci O'hAilpin

Best

Casey Scorpions Bate Bail Fevola Mohr Lees Matthews

Northern Bullants Lucas McLean Iacobucci Russell Lambert Dare

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a checkside kick from Fitzpatrick for his fourth - sensational.

Bloody hell. Now that sounds like a team on fire. Thanks for the updates

Time to get my slack arse down to some of their games.

Time to head back to some real burbs footy. Just like the old days lol.

Bugger this AFL stuff

B)

Casey win by 100 points and finish fourth!

Once again KC thanks for great report today and during the year.

It is probably way to early but does anyone know which MFC players are able to play for Casey during the finals?

Our usual form is at finals times to strip Casey of it's better players.

I hope we do not take 2 or 3 to SA next week for their first games and weaken Casey as a result.

Surely a partnership in the current situation means helping Casey do the best they can.

Bugger this AFL stuff

B)

And they win regularly RN

No you are safe it was port and Box hill today

Phew....thanks Old D.

I was gonna head down....but didn't get to bed early enough. Have to give up me late night poker next time.

Anyone else on here heading down sometime (apart from regulars i mean who're already entrenched lol)....let me know. Be nice to catch up sometime.

Cheers

2011 VFL Reserves

Casey Scorpions    3.2  8.4   13.7  18.13 (121)

Northern Bullants   2.6  3.10  7.13  11.13 (79)

GOALS:

Casey Scorpions: Carew 4 McShane 3 Dowse 2 Waite 2 Roberts  Hill  Purves  Newton  Lindsay  Clay  Baumgartner

Northern Bullants: Marcon 2 Bray 2 Casboult 2 McLellan  Wilson  Bransgrove  Dorman  Dufficy

BEST:

Casey Scorpions: Corry Fieldsend McShane Pollard Dowse Purdy

Northern Bullants: Gianfagna Dirago Marcon GALE Lincoln Bransgrove

2011 VFL Seniors

Casey Scorpions    4.6  13.8  19.10  28.12 (180)

Northern Bullants   3.3   5.3   7.8   11.14 (80)

GOALS:

Casey Scorpions: Fevola 10 Matthews 5 Fitzpatrick 4 Petropoulos 2 Dunn 2 Bate 2 McGough  Wall  Bail

Northern Bullants: Lambert 2 Saad 2 O'hAilpin  Hampson  Austin  Houlihan  Biffin  ARROWSMITH  Iacobucci

BEST:

Casey Scorpions: Bate Bail Fevola Mohr Lees Matthews

Northern Bullants: Lucas McLean Iacobucci Russell Lambert Dare

So who plays for Casey next week?

If you are Matty Bate (who I believe is contracted next year) do you want to have a token game against Port Adelaide, or play in the VFL qualifying final against Port Melbourne. Same goes for Fitzpatrick.

According to my records (and KC can correct me if I'm wrong), the Melbourne listed players eligible to play finals with Casey are:-

Bate

Blease

Campbell

Cook

Davis

Dunn

Fitzpatrick 

Gawn

Jetta

Johnston

Lawrence 

T McDonald

McNamara

Maric

Nicholson 

Warnock

I think both Howe & Joel Mac missed out by 1 game each.

It will be interesting to see how many MFC players are cleared to play with Casey in the finals.

Good to see Fitzy get 4 goals. A glimpse of 2012??

That's what we are all hoping for Rhino. I was chatting to Schwabby a while ago and he speculated that Fitz. would be a beauty, if he can get his goal kicking right. Four goals today, and a few bags for the twos earlier in the year, suggest that he might be coming on ok in that department.

That's what we are all hoping for Rhino. I was chatting to Schwabby a while ago and he speculated that Fitz. would be a beauty, if he can get his goal kicking right. Four goals today, and a few bags for the twos earlier in the year, suggest that he might be coming on ok in that department.

Thanks Deeoldfart, and KC in particular, as well as all those who keep those of us who can't get there informed..

So, either of you, is Fitzy the real thing or has the opposition been really bad? From some of KC's descriptions he sounds really agile as well as very tall.

Is he being groomed as a tall deep forward of the Paul Salmon (early version) type?

Is he a ready, and likely option for next week (dependent of course on how all go tomorrow) ?

How about Bail? Ready for MFC next week?

Thanks again.

Great stuff by the scorps!

Go Fev! I don't want him but I want someone to take him.

And go Rohan Bail, Fitzy and Kelvin Lawrence - I want all these 3 in the side next week.

Oh and Kyle Matthews you are a star. We should rookie this guy.

After his performence today, it would almost be mad not to draft him. :o

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, Fev to the MFC!!! the full-forward we need :o

MFC could do with a Matthews, if only for his leadership

Absolutely, not Just 'leadreship' as you put it, But his ZEAL, his 'excitement', his Never say die attitude is so infectious.

But today wasn't because of Kyles return, but it was a part of the catalyst.

Today was about some players who have been down and flat finding parts to their game they thought they'd either lost or didn't have, and then there was the last round of the VFL season, which happened to be against a club that jettisoned Fev, at near his lowest EBB ... and all on a fine spring day.

Add all these factors up and the emotions clicked, to help the team just start to realise their collective possibilities?

Today was a TEAM effort!

Guest Gareth Keenan

After his performence today, it would almost be mad not to draft him. :o

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, Fev to the MFC!!! the full-forward we need :o

We don't need a FF like Fev.

The difference between the role he plays at Casey, and how he'd be expected to play at AFL level, is a gaping chasm.

I'd much prefer we recruit Travis Tuck.

In fact, I advocate it.

Agree. Surely Matthews could fill Bartram's role? And from what I've seen would provide much better disposal. Obviously has great leadership and is a team player. Rookie him MFC. Repay the faith shown in his amazing recovery!

He could fill the same sized shoes that Scully wears if scully goes. He has the same go get it attitude, and never give in... has gut runs,, he's about the same size, rover type. He reminds me of someone that could easily be Junior McDonalds son.

He has a Top shelf character. And he at the very least deserves to get at least one game of AFL.. He's the type of player you Want around your club. Rookie???? Hmmmn, not the worst Idea I've heard of.

Bugger this AFL stuff

B)

You dunno what you've been missin'! :lol: