The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

You guys still worrying about this?

Scully will announce who he has signed with at the end of the season and you won't be able to do anything about it. That is what he said was going to happen ... what a waste of energy.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit required - Watts did not renew his contract until the season had concluded. (news release 14th September 2010)

You missed the point. Watts is happy enough to stay at the Club..and always was. Trengove is making it his mission , it all but seems, to become a pillar of the club and encourage others to take up arms with him. Weve seen some do exactly that.

others..well....

You missed the point. Watts is happy enough to stay at the Club..and always was. Trengove is making it his mission , it all but seems, to become a pillar of the club and encourage others to take up arms with him. Weve seen some do exactly that.

others..well....

I think you're missing the point B59. Show me the contract that says Scully isn't going to stay. You have no idea if Scully isn't happy to stay at the MFC. At what point has Scully openly stated that he isn't happy at Melbourne and as a result has signed with GWS. Oh I can hear it now, the typical "why hasn't he signed already then" lines, well, why hadn't Watts signed already if he was sooooooooo "happy enough" to stay at the Club and always was?

I always wonder about the "he's going because he's upset about a particular administrator/coach" lines. How does he know where he's going it won't be worse? If he goes he's going to be roundly criticised by MFC supporters, the media and the general footy public, probably, and abused for his whole playing career. That seems like a large cost to pay to solve a petty issue.

As RR rightly(!) said, if he leaves it will be a business decision, not because of some trivial thing he's cracked the sads over.

Maybe Scully in the rest of the month of August needs to put his head down and get the ball- play football. That is because his form this year is just solid at best. I don't believe he's worth 250k a year based on this year's output.I'd prefer him to take the money and we get two picks for him.He can use any excuse..and then I'll play the Hot August night Album..

You missed the point. Watts is happy enough to stay at the Club..and always was. others..well....

Always was ? You know this how ? If he was so happy why did the negotiations take him to post season ? ( I dont think you are wrong but I am applying the same level of scrutiny as applied to Scully)

What we NOW know is that two weeks after the end of last season Watts signed and since he has signed a contract is happy enough to stay at the club. Prior to that, the negotiations started around July and concluded in September. There was some angst on this board regarding his contract delay - the only missing ingredient to make it into Scullygate was a "revealed suitor"

I think you interpreting past history to suit your purposes and putting a twist on history that is yet to be written.

What if Scully signs with the MFC a week after the end of the season and says " My management and I said from day one this would be concluded at the end of the season. I wanted to concentrate on footy until the end of season and I have now signed and happy to be at the club. I said from the beginning I loved being at the club and see myself as one club player."

Then history will show Scully to be no different to Jack Watts (minus the hysteria x 10)

Maybe Scully in the rest of the month of August needs to put his head down and get the ball- play football. That is because his form this year is just solid at best. I don't believe he's worth 250k a year based on this year's output.I'd prefer him to take the money and we get two picks for him.He can use any excuse..and then I'll play the Hot August night Album..

So finally people want him to "just play football" thought he had been doing this, averaging 19-20 possessions a game, need s to work on his disposal by foot and his K to H ratio, tackling is solid also 6 per game i believe

Trengove is making it his mission , it all but seems, to become a pillar of the club and encourage others to take up arms with him. Weve seen some do exactly that.

I agree 100% on Trengove and there will always be footballers who did sign in a timeframe that makes us all sleep well at night and are seen as "100% the club".

Then there will be those - Scully, Davey, Green, Bruce, Watts, Pavlich, Travis Cloke ( and lots of others - please dont make me dredge through past newspapers) - who sign after the season has concluded with protracted negotiations and give us ulcers ( to varying degrees).

Pavlich is probably a good example, similar to Scully where he put it on hold and he must have seriously considered offers from SA clubs. But I do remember him on the footy show saying he wanted to stay at Fremantle.

As opposed to Scully who said " I would like to be a one club player and envisage that will be the case" ?

Those of you who can't see the difference between the contract negotiations of Watts and Scully need to look again.

We dont know the details of Watts negotiations so enlighten me as to why it took 3 months from starting talks to get there ?

I am playing devils advocate as we do not know if he was happy with the figures offered, unhappy , whether there was something else on the table ?

Tell me the difference between Scully and Green ( our captains) negotiation where there was an offer on the table from Collingwood for more money than he was on at Melbourne and kept us in suspense until after the end of season. ( and yes - I am a hypocrite as this information came out in the media - the same media who is whipping us into a frenzy over Scully).

Besides the unprecedented media because of the purported dollars on offer from GWS - what is the difference between the Green and Scully negotiation ?

Watts held the club to ransom last season. Selfish player, thinking only of himself, waiting it out so he could milk more money out of the club.

His form last year wasn't even any good, and he didn't deserve the money he bled out of us.

Trengove is a mercenary, and only signed so quick because the club offered him more than market value, more than we offered Scully, on the back of a short run of good form this season and the prospect of other clubs circling.

Don't think the above is correct?

Where is your proof?

Scully has been judged just the same.

In the 100% melbourne emails to members Jimmy Stynes refers to players who have 'chosen to stand up for melbourne', listing the recently re-signed players. this to me is the strongest statement yet that the club knows the outcome of the tom thing.

In the 100% melbourne emails to members Jimmy Stynes refers to players who have 'chosen to stand up for melbourne', listing the recently re-signed players. this to me is the strongest statement yet that the club knows the outcome of the tom thing.

But then proceeded to put a big picture of him in the email.

But then proceeded to put a big picture of him in the email.

So ?? It has Col there too.. he hasnt Stood up for us...let alone signed

so your point ? :rolleyes:

Those of you who can't see the difference between the contract negotiations of Watts and Scully need to look again.

wasting your breath :unsure:

So finally people want him to "just play football" thought he had been doing this, averaging 19-20 possessions a game, need s to work on his disposal by foot and his K to H ratio, tackling is solid also 6 per game i believe

If i read those stats without knowing the name of the player involved, I would estimate his worth to the club between the $200k - $250k per year bracket, no more. How do they stack up against Jordie Mck?

where is wolfmother!!!

He's being smart byt staying away from this thread (I'm not though).

Seriously though, it's amazing how people continue to have the same circular arguments, I'm in awe of their stamina.