Casey Scorpions v Sandringham

KC from Casey

I think the events of the last couple of weeks have justified that. No point sailing along and accepting the company line if it's full of garbage. No point in comparing Cook with Franklin, wherever or whatever the circumstances either.

BTW if we can stir some of the other posters out of their lethargy then all's the better. I'm over just going along with whatever comes out of the club and I'm over the waste of time and energy they have caused me.

You think the events of the last couple of weeks have justified it?

Spare me. Yes certain things do need fixing but there is still much that has been done well and much to be positive about.

You clearly are incapable of rational thought if you could not see the point I was making about Cook, or perhaps you don't want to see that point because it would mean that this kid still had time and Melnourne might still have picked a very good player!

You do not stir people out of lethargy, you are in fact the opposite. Someone that has to be so pessimistic about everything so that if something goes wrong you can be the first to say I told you so and if something goes right you just temper it with more pessimism so you don't get hurt if it does go wrong. Thinking and living like that all the time is like being in a prison. You will never see or strive for the really good for fear of failure. That is the cancerous type of thought and person this club doesn't need. To be the best we need to aim for the stars and in that we may get hurt at times but the glory is that much sweeter.

The world gas not ended. Our club is still here, still fighting and still aiming for number 13.

With many a good person and player capable of getting us there.

And all gas not been lost with Cooky playing VFL 2's, nor is he a bad selection.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... like Jack Fitzpatrick

Exactly. Hope Jack can find some good form for the end of the year and maybe Casey finals too so he can launch himself for a serious pre season next year!

Pick 26 Jack Darling anyone.

They really have some explaining to do. Many of us were screaming to draft darling. Makes you think about the judgement of prendergast. Maybe we should replace him. Obviously half of us could do a better job. Cook before darling, shite, cook can't even hold his spot in the two's.

They really have some explaining to do. Many of us were screaming to draft darling. Makes you think about the judgement of prendergast. Maybe we should replace him. Obviously half of us could do a better job. Cook before darling, shite, cook can't even hold his spot in the two's.

Stupid post.

Why did every club overlook him? Perhaps you should work for every club?

Perhaps in his interviews aside from the reported stuff, he was also one who was very much a WA boy at heart and retention in another state would have been a massive issue.

Why didn't we pick up Fyfe either? Can't believe Prendergast on that one. How did he alone let Fyfe slide to the second round?

Get a grip you fool.

Guest Thomo

I'm not sold on Darling. Big kid for his age and has a crack, but is borderline best 22 when not judged on age. At this stage he is on par with Howe.

Cook has been dropped to the Casey 2's. Not the end of the world. At the same age Stynes was sent to the VFA, Hird was almost delisted, while Kosi and Rivers won the rising star. Not playing well enough to be in the firsts, but way to early to be saying they should have drafted Darling.

You think the events of the last couple of weeks have justified it?

Spare me. Yes certain things do need fixing but there is still much that has been done well and much to be positive about.

You clearly are incapable of rational thought if you could not see the point I was making about Cook, or perhaps you don't want to see that point because it would mean that this kid still had time and Melnourne might still have picked a very good player!

You do not stir people out of lethargy, you are in fact the opposite. Someone that has to be so pessimistic about everything so that if something goes wrong you can be the first to say I told you so and if something goes right you just temper it with more pessimism so you don't get hurt if it does go wrong. Thinking and living like that all the time is like being in a prison. You will never see or strive for the really good for fear of failure. That is the cancerous type of thought and person this club doesn't need. To be the best we need to aim for the stars and in that we may get hurt at times but the glory is that much sweeter.

The world gas not ended. Our club is still here, still fighting and still aiming for number 13.

With many a good person and player capable of getting us there.

And all gas not been lost with Cooky playing VFL 2's, nor is he a bad selection.

Have a read of that post and apart from seeing it as some sort of "Motherhood statement", exactly what were you on about?

I have an opinion of Cook and I have an opinion on several others we have selected and "it gives me no joy" when I see them fail. I want desperately for this club to succeed, and like you I've put my money where my mouth is, but that doesn't mean I won't criticise them when they are, imo, going in the wrong direction. I see the older Dees supporters like you and me as being the biggest part of the problem at the club because for too long we just blindly followed them and never questioned them, well i am now and if you don't then that's you prerogative.

I've asked questions and i made complaints like, why don't they follow up with the supporters that have contributed to see if they are happy with the club's direction. I get regular calls from Terri Stynes asking me about functions and actually giving a damn if I am interested and still exist.

If you're happy to sit in the background and blindly follow without so much as a whimper then good luck to you but I'm not.

Lets not read too much into this.

The few times I have seen him this year I thought he put in only ordinary performances.

If you did not know he was our no.1 pick you would have assumed he was just a young guy trying to get a game with Casey.

Add the very ordinary result by Casey against the Cats last week and he is demoted.

Says to me that we may have started playing guys on their merits and not on reputation.

Sounds positive to me.

If he is good enough he will be back.

I never saw him playing at AFL level before well into 2012 but probably 2013.

4 weeks ago he was closing in on a possible selection, except he has come on too quick this Year. Maybe your answer is in there, somewhere. He's 12 months too early.He Mcdonald and Davis are all ahead of schedule and it's caused us some embarrassment, not being able to play them all in the one team.

Just a kid who either needed to back to the twos to rediscover some confidence or understand he must work harder. Not many have avoided this process at some point. He was an All Australian Under 18 and I feel sure he will respond in the right way.

Lucas Cook dropped to the twos after a few disappointing performances!

He pulled out of a couple of contests last week and this could be his punishment. He will return and I look forward to seeing him next year after another pre season when he should have filled out some more.

Stupid post.

Why did every club overlook him? Perhaps you should work for every club?

Perhaps in his interviews aside from the reported stuff, he was also one who was very much a WA boy at heart and retention in another state would have been a massive issue.

Why didn't we pick up Fyfe either? Can't believe Prendergast on that one. How did he alone let Fyfe slide to the second round?

Get a grip you fool.

Fyfe is not a hulking chf. Before you call me a fool, we have a lot of skinny kids who arnt doing too well. Cook, morton, blease. These blokes were high draft picks. Makes you wonder the mindset of prendergast. I would rather have picked ferocious talented competitors than smart and skilled athletes. Anyhow, Lyon will fix it up. I hope.

Edited by tonatopia

Fyfe is not a hulking chf. Before you call me a fool, we have a lot of skinny kids who arnt doing too well. Cook, morton, blease. These blokes were high draft picks. Makes you wonder the mindset of prendergast. I would rather have picked ferocious talented competitors than smart and skilled athletes. Anyhow, Lyon will fix it up. I hope.

How the hell will Lyon fix this sort of issue in the next 6 months or so

We have what we have, Gary doesn't have any magic wand to undo draft draft choices or transform the profiles of existing recruits

You may have a point in what we should have done re recruiting, but Lyon can have no affect on those choices now

He may be able to have some input into what "types" we should be recruiting this year but recruitment manager isn't the job he has been given

The one who should have most say in recruitment requirements for 2011 will be the new coach. Lets hope he is well on board before draft time.

Unless I am mistaken Darling went more than 10 picks after Cook not exactly snapped up immediately after our pick. Most that were screaming to draft Darling had not seen him even play aside from highlights packages. They are not even a similar style player. We need Cook to become our Cloke, Petrie, Roughhead. Darling would not fit that role.

He pulled out of a couple of contests last week and this could be his punishment. He will return and I look forward to seeing him next year after another pre season when he should have filled out some more.

Pulled out of a couple of contests?

Does that mean we can perpetuate the history of softness at the club?

Didn't anyone watch him before we drafted him to see if he was a tough go for the ball at al costs player; or did they draft him because he was selected All Australian?

Do we interview any of the kids we select? Someone said earlier in the year that he was on the boundary line looking distressed during training early this year and I got howled down for suggesting that he was close to tears; or so it was reported.

He is a first year tall forward, whose built like a stick. What did you expect him to do in his first year?

Probably cement a place in Casey firsts.....it was only a few weeks back that he was mooted as a MFC promotion.

It would have been premature promotion in that case.

He looked good against Collingwood.

He has had some good patches but is not ready for the big time. That doesn't mean he won't turn out to be a good player. I hate to say this with the amount of youngsters we have at the moment but he needs time and development and we need patience. He will end up a big lump of a lad.

Casey Reserves solid again.

Casey Scorpions 4.2.26 9.3.57 13.9.87 20.14.134

Sandringham 1.3.9 2.6.18 3.8.24 4.10.34

Goals

Casey Scorpions Bell 6 Purves 4 Fieldsend McShane Lees 2 Allen Cook Matthews Weekes

Sandringham Ferraro Lourey Wade Michaliades

Best

Casey Scorpions Bell Baumgartner Cleven Patti Clay Purves

Sandringham Andrews Ferraro Lourey Porebski Mavric Shakallis

Ready to bounce the ball for the big one.