Sylvia gone too ??

GIRO

Rubbish ... Colins value is what another club is prepared to pay. FULLSTOP ... if we dont want to match it thats our decision. Then he walks ... thats football in 2011. There is reality in a nutshell ... generally the current side do get a "discount" but thats depends on how happy he is to stay. The player has the power ... life in 2011.

IMHO we will work it out ... compromise is what its called.

Let another club pay it.

Elite players may have considerable leverage.. Sylvia is not Elite.

He wants the money essentially up front without EVER having delivered to his potential.. I'll open the door for him...no prob !!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not disagree 25, BUT the cameras were out, and that was the reason to lay low and stay home.

?

The cameras are always out for footy players.

They have to be allowed to have lives.

I think he acted sensibly by not drinking and heading home early.

That's enough for me.

I really think this issue has nought to do with his omission.

I dont think Col was dropped for anything to do with Sat night.....Most likely for hows hes approached things since.

Guest hangon007

Market values can skew. They dont always represent the real assett worth.. Just what some other scmuck in differing circumstances might pay.

MFC needs to stick towhat anyone is worth to us...not another

ahhhhhhh .... yip they can skew ... surprise, surprise. But thats our problem not his. Just the times we live in.

No big deal ... Lets just hope we can come to a compromise. Otherwise it could get damn nasty for us.

ahhhhhhh .... yip they can skew ... surprise, surprise. But thats our problem not his. Just the times we live in.

You suggest elsewhere that things cut both ways.. so ...suddenly they dont ?? Its as much his as ours. I think the club has a handle on his worth to us

No big deal ... Lets just hope we can come to a compromise. Otherwise it could get damn nasty for us.

Stuff compromises.. how does it get nasty ?

Guest hangon007

Stop talking sh%t.

If GWS were able to claim him, explain exactly how...

You are talking absolute rubbish ... if you cant work that out ... sorry. The deal is done ... unless West Coast can come up with a rip snorting deal for GWS ... which I doubt they will, but suppose you cant underestimate them.

You are talking [censored] ... you just dont know how the system works ... but thats fine by me.

You are talking absolute rubbish ... if you cant work that out ... sorry. The deal is done ... unless West Coast can come up with a rip snorting deal for GWS ... which I doubt they will, but suppose you cant underestimate them.

You are talking [censored] ... you just dont know how the system works ... but thats fine by me.

Rubbish.

Take 2 mins and explain it.

You can't, because you're talking sh%t.

Guest hangon007

You suggest elsewhere that things cut both ways.. so ...suddenly they dont ?? Its as much his as ours. I think the club has a handle on his worth to us

That all depends on how happy he is to stay. It does "cut" both ways, assuming he is happy but ultimately the power rests with the player.

Its like any other job employer x offers you $600,000 a year .... employer y only can afford $400,000 a year.

Same job, same job skills. employer x has a specific role they want you to play ...

Let me think about it? Tough call.

ohhhh I should add employer y ... well how do you put this nicely ... you dont so I wont say it.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Rubbish.

Take 2 mins and explain it.

You can't, because you're talking sh%t.

Sorry you cant work it out .... ohhhhhh ... not the first time. You need to learn what you say might impinge on how other feel about you. But go ahead call me all the names in the world if that makes you feel better.

The deal is done ... move on ... no big loss. Thats football.

I dont think Col was dropped for anything to do with Sat night.....Most likely for hows hes approached things since.

I would agree with this, because it wouldn't be fair that big Maxy Gawn(with Morts) cruised by me on Chapel St. at around 1.30am on the same night looking pretty happy with themselves, and he gets a game this week.

Not really sure how I felt about it at the time, because I am all for players have got to live, but there are plenty of other nights to be out and about isn't there? If they had just walked by, I would have worn it, but they were in party mode.

I think there must be more to the Sylvia thing we don't know about.

?

The cameras are always out for footy players.

They have to be allowed to have lives.

I think he acted sensibly by not drinking and heading home early.

That's enough for me.

I really think this issue has nought to do with his omission.

As i said, i do not disagree with you....Col wasn't doing bad things at all, but it was just stupid after a 31 goal defeat.

As my mum used to say "Asking for Trouble" Saturday night was not the reason Col was dropped, but it would not have helped his cause to be selected by the new coach either.

Now i am confused...long week....what is the connection between your Hairdresser & Colin Sylvia? I was speaking about an article in this weeks HUN demon_cool.gif

In an earlier post on this thread, I said maybe my hairdresser had the reason why Sylvia was dropped:

My hairdresser (she's a Blues supporter) thinks it was Sylvia pictured out with his girlfriend Sat night, being consoled... and maybe the club took a dim view (of what??). I didn't see the article so don't know if it was him, or what he's supposed to have done if anything. But hairdressers are never wrong (like wives) :)

Anyway, I wished her a bruising wretched day tomorrow. She said she's scared :)

And then I thought you confirmed it was Sylvia in the HUN (which I hadn't seen).

It has been a long week, you & your Dad enjoy tomorrow, I'll be right under the coach's box keeping a weather eye on Viney!

In an earlier post on this thread, I said maybe my hairdresser had the reason why Sylvia was dropped:

My hairdresser (she's a Blues supporter) thinks it was Sylvia pictured out with his girlfriend Sat night, being consoled... and maybe the club took a dim view (of what??). I didn't see the article so don't know if it was him, or what he's supposed to have done if anything. But hairdressers are never wrong (like wives) :)

Anyway, I wished her a bruising wretched day tomorrow. She said she's scared :)

And then I thought you confirmed it was Sylvia in the HUN (which I hadn't seen).

It has been a long week, you & your Dad enjoy tomorrow, I'll be right under the coach's box keeping a weather eye on Viney!

All understood, and yes i will be there...Level 2. Thanks

Stop talking sh%t.

If GWS were able to claim him, explain exactly how...

GWS can still have him easily - next year

Only GWS can trade him this year. If they don't care to then they can pick him up next year as an 18yo because they have so many priority picks

As for their 4 x 17yo trades, there are plenty of other nominees and they have two years to use them

Sorry you cant work it out .... ohhhhhh ... not the first time. You need to learn what you say might impinge on how other feel about you. But go ahead call me all the names in the world if that makes you feel better.

The deal is done ... move on ... no big loss. Thats football.

You won't explain it because you can't.

Wait, what's that I hear? Scully going to Richmond?

Stop talking sh%t.

But thats not in our control ... once he is gone ... you/we are in no position to make demands. You will get what you/we are given.

Whatever, that buys you/us ... is your/our problem. Your problem to develop "the pick" into a "Gun Pick".

However, if you cant develop a Number 1 draft pick called Tom Scully into a gun ... I cant see much hope for you/us with any other picks.

Please learn the rules ... please understand the "real" situation.

I don't think the development problem is the Issue currently compared to the previous footy dept'. Although the one area of my concern over the past years has been the lack of hardness/aggression, to which most around here have castigated me for.

Just like when I supported Jamar for years.

I think the teaching Is happening, but the form hasn't shown because of the dominance of the youthful and small bodied boys on out list.... The problem is a fast rebuild. (see a young Hawthorn a few years back)

But the overriding fault IMO has been the absence of hardness at the contest and opposition demanded by those around the club, for the past few of years, lack of Intimidation, etc.

Maybe thats a reflection of the overwhelming personality types in power @ the club, that there's a lack of hardmen amongst Power people & teachers.

Too many 'mothers' will turn out too many 'maitredees'.

Edited by dee-luded

Guest hangon007

Let another club pay it.

Elite players may have considerable leverage.. Sylvia is not Elite.

He wants the money essentially up front without EVER having delivered to his potential.. I'll open the door for him...no prob !!

I missed this sorry .... yes when it comes to the picks they offer MFC ... yip he is not "elite" your words not mine.

However, when it comes to the salary, the other club are prepared to offer him ... his status will quickly move up. (the "old, old" Collingwood trick)

I'm sure many other teams around the league will be happy to OPEN the door for him.

One mans trash is another mans treasure. :)

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

You won't explain it because you can't.

Wait, what's that I hear? Scully going to Richmond?

Stop talking sh%t.

hehehehehe ... no problems.

PS I never said ... Scully going to Richmond? ... I said something very, very, subtly different. B) From day 1 all the time waaaay back last November. :)

Read what I said. re Tom.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

I don't think the development problem is the Issue currently compared to the previous footy dept'. Although the one area of my concern over the past years has been the lack of hardness/aggression, to which most around here have castigated me for.

Just like when I supported Jamar for years.

I think the teaching Is happening, but the form hasn't shown because of the dominance of the youthful and small bodied boys on out list.... The problem is a fast rebuild. (see a young Hawthorn a few years back)

But the overriding fault IMO has been the absence of hardness at the contest and opposition demanded by those around the club, for the past few of years, lack of Intimidation, etc.

Maybe thats a reflection of the overwhelming personality types in power @ the club, that there's a lack of hardmen amongst Power people & teachers.

Too many 'mothers' will turn out too many 'maitredees'.

In principle ... I could not disagree with anything you have said. IMHO "hardness/aggression" will generally come with age (but not always) depends what your recruiting team & drafting team where requested to obtain.

You can develop "hardness/aggression" however, there are many things you cant develop.

In principle ... I could not disagree with anything you have said. IMHO "hardness/aggression" will generally come with age (but not always) depends what your recruiting team & drafting team where requested to obtain.

You can develop "hardness/aggression" however, there are many things you cant develop.

IMO the only thing that comes through a bit more age is a bigger body and a reluctance to be intimidated.

What I'm asking for is a more Aggressive nature'd way of playing the game, with a bit of Mongrel-ness added, maybe a lot.

IMO the only thing that comes through a bit more age is a bigger body and a reluctance to be intimidated.

What I'm asking for is a more Aggressive nature'd way of playing the game, with a bit of Mongrel-ness added, maybe a lot.

Agree and the worrying part for me is it has definately gone backwards since last year.