Bingo

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Clarkson

2. Malthouse

3. Worsfold

Ultimately, I'd be over the moon if we could land even of these.

Agreed.

I'd like 1 & 2 swapped around personally, but you're right........you would take any in a heartbeat!

I do not think that there is any chance of getting

Malthouse, he won't leave the Pies in 2012

Clarkson, Hawks want him and why would he leave, he has a good team with a good chance at the flag in the next few years.

Worsfold, as above

Eade, why leave the Dogs for the problems of melbourne. If they offer him a deal he will stay.

We then get into the likes of Williams and Laidley.

Not hot on either but If I had to choose it would probably be Laidley, not sure Williams has all the snags needed to make a good barbie.

Hell it does not look easy try to find someone with experience.

If he is ANY chance at all, it has to be Worsfold, Worsfold, Worsfold!!

I would much rather see the mighty Demons move heaven and earth for him, than try for Malthouse who belittles our club every chance he gets.

It was put forward to Malthouse at the start of this year that if he had a chance to coach another club, it would be Melbourne.

Plus there's zero chance Woosha will leave the Eagles now.

Thought'd I'd have a run through the assistant coaches of all clubs, some interesting names stood out (note I only highlighted coaches who had experience in the AFL coaching system thus some coaches not in list):

Would Mark Thomson be interested in another full time coaching role? If we want the best....

What happened to Gary O'Donnell being "the next senior coach"? He was once the Sanderson, Hinkley, Burns of the assistant coaching world at one stage.

Summa, Scotty Burns, Leon Cameron, Gavin Brown, Leppa, Adrian Fletcher, Barry Mitchell etc etc. Some names that have been bandied around and would love to hear what people think if they have any further knowledge, not just hear say maybe some actual knowledge of these assistants.

Hawthorn – Leon Cameron

Carlton – Alan Richardson, John Barker, Gavin Brown

Saints- Peter Berbatov, Robert Harvey, Adam Kingsley

Richmond – Justin Leppitsch, Wayne Campbell

Collingwood – Mark Neeld, Scott Watters, Matthew Lappin

West Coast – Peter Sumich, Scott Burns

Lions – Gary O’Donnell, Jade Rawlings, Adrian Fletcher

Freo – Barry Mitchell, Michael Prior

MFC – None of note who want the job

Geelong – Brenton Sanderson, Blake Caracella, Nigel Lappin

Gold Coast – Ken Hinkley

Essendon – Mark Thompson, Brendan McCartney, Sean Wellman

Sydney – Leigh Tudor, John Blakey, Mark Stone

Port – Gary Hocking, Dean Laidley, Jason Cripps

North – Darren Crocker, Shane Watson, Brett Allison

Bulldogs – Peter Dean, Brett Montongery, Paul Williams

Adelaide – Ben Hart, Matthew Clarke, Scott Camporale

GWS – Mark Williams

For some crazy notion, I'd like to poach bomber Thompson

Hahahha just beat me too it! Was looking through all coaches and wow did Bombers name jump out at me, would he take on full time coach role again or so soon?

Edited by Cards13

Thought'd I'd have a run through the assistant coaches of all clubs, some interesting names stood out (note I only highlighted coaches who had experience in the AFL coaching system thus some coaches not in list):

Would Mark Thomson be interested in another full time coaching role? If we want the best....

What happened to Gary O'Donnell being "the next senior coach"? He was once the Sanderson, Hinkley, Burns of the assistant coaching world at one stage.

Summa, Scotty Burns, Leon Cameron, Gavin Brown, Leppa, Adrian Fletcher, Barry Mitchell etc etc. Some names that have been bandied around and would love to hear what people think if they have any further knowledge, not just hear say maybe some actual knowledge of these assistants.

Hawthorn – Leon Cameron

Carlton – Alan Richardson, John Barker, Gavin Brown

Saints- Peter Berbatov, Robert Harvey, Adam Kingsley

Richmond – Justin Leppitsch, Wayne Campbell

Collingwood – Mark Neeld, Scott Watters, Matthew Lappin

West Coast – Peter Sumich, Scott Burns

Lions – Gary O'Donnell, Jade Rawlings, Adrian Fletcher

Freo – Barry Mitchell, Michael Prior

MFC – None of note who want the job

Geelong – Brenton Sanderson, Blake Caracella, Nigel Lappin

Gold Coast – Ken Hinkley

Essendon – Mark Thompson, Brendan McCartney, Sean Wellman

Sydney – Leigh Tudor, John Blakey, Mark Stone

Port – Gary Hocking, Dean Laidley, Jason Cripps

North – Darren Crocker, Shane Watson, Brett Allison

Bulldogs – Peter Dean, Brett Montongery, Paul Williams

Adelaide – Ben Hart, Matthew Clarke, Scott Camporale

GWS – Mark Williams

You asked about the difference between A good senior AFL coach & a good assistant, IMO the difference is Intensity, to be able to turn it on when needed, to be able to be Intimidating when circumstances require.

And to be of Steely resolve when your mind is positive to your thoughts. To be able to Exude these Traits through your Body Language.

Of those you've Highlighted, I think the Darkhorses worth talking to would be, Wellman,,, & maybe Peter Dean has some intensity, as he played with it. But certainly Wellman.

Edited by dee-luded

In the early 80's we signed the "best available coach" with a proven record of grand final wins. He coached for 5 years for no finals leading up to just before the 'Swooper' Northey era.

The "cheap" coach, Swooper, oversaw a miracle run of wins in '87 to firstly make the finals from a hopeless ladder position, then to play a preliminary final. He introduced a gameplan called "kick the f...in' thing", as opposed to his predecessor, long and through the corridor.

So my point is that the highly paid, best possible coach realy didn't turn our fortunes. We paid him a fortune (for the times).

So tell me, why is a "Malthouse",for example, going to win a premiership for us. What has changed that much?

Let's face it, Collingwood, now bodily strong, and with talented players, basically bully other sides with their strength, accuracy and commitment. Do we have the 'cattle' for Malthouse to spend 10 years to turn them into AFL bullies, the time he took to 'arse' a winning Collingwood combination?

My mate was in a box at the Collingwood Essendon game last week, sitting between Wayne Carey and Rodney Eade. After a few beers he managed to get a bit of information out of Eade and it was that:

- Eade is applying for the Melbourne job and pretty much accepts that he won't be re-signed by WB

- Eade is very confident that Leon Cameron (Hawks assistant) will take over at the Dogs next season

Take from that what you will.

In the early 80's we signed the "best available coach" with a proven record of grand final wins. He coached for 5 years for no finals leading up to just before the 'Swooper' Northey era.

The "cheap" coach, Swooper, oversaw a miracle run of wins in '87 to firstly make the finals from a hopeless ladder position, then to play a preliminary final. He introduced a gameplan called "kick the f...in' thing", as opposed to his predecessor, long and through the corridor.

So my point is that the highly paid, best possible coach realy didn't turn our fortunes. We paid him a fortune (for the times).

So tell me, why is a "Malthouse",for example, going to win a premiership for us. What has changed that much?

Let's face it, Collingwood, now bodily strong, and with talented players, basically bully other sides with their strength, accuracy and commitment. Do we have the 'cattle' for Malthouse to spend 10 years to turn them into AFL bullies, the time he took to 'arse' a winning Collingwood combination?

You have a point there. When Northey took over the club was a shambles not much different to now. It's always going to be a roll of the dice with coaches. Now that the game is as much a media spectacle as a sport, coaches are also a fashion statement. Untried coaches must look good, be media savvy and talk the talk before they get a chance to show what they really got. Successful coaches already have a profile, reputation and are in demand. But there is a good chance the best coach in 10 years time is likely still a player now. No matter who we get, there are no guarantees in this business. Though I still like to get one who is experienced and successful I just hope we are lucky to get a good one this time no matter who and I would not be disappointed unless they prove themselves not up to the job down the track.

Edited by america de cali

My mate was in a box at the Collingwood Essendon game last week, sitting between Wayne Carey and Rodney Eade. After a few beers he managed to get a bit of information out of Eade and it was that:

- Eade is applying for the Melbourne job and pretty much accepts that he won't be re-signed by WB

- Eade is very confident that Leon Cameron (Hawks assistant) will take over at the Dogs next season

Take from that what you will.

So he was applying for a job that wasn't even vacant at the time, nice.