• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dean Bailey press conference

Choko

Has the ear? Mate, he has them eating out of his hand.

Expresses outrage on radio on Saturday, says he'll be giving Jimmy a call and lo and behold, Dean is outski 24 hours later.

Not saying the decision was not correct but let's face it ... G. Lyon is the kingmaker.

That is such specious reasoning that you should really think about deletion of the post...

The reason Bailey is gone is because he had no chance of coaching in 2012 and when that is the case - you cut ties.

Garry Lyon is a former great who is never going to be far from the ear of whoever is running the club, but to say he precipitated Dean's axing is rich - even for you...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the ear? Mate, he has them eating out of his hand.

Expresses outrage on radio on Saturday, says he'll be giving Jimmy a call and lo and behold, Dean is outski 24 hours later.

Not saying the decision was not correct but let's face it ... G. Lyon is the kingmaker.

What a load of [censored].

Just listening to 774 and the reporter said the talk afterwards throughout the reporters wasnt about dean Bailey but how Jim was and looked.

Said they asked about Garry not to speculate him coaching but for him to help out more so Jimmy can stand back a bit more.

Jim doesnt need this stress or further worries.

That is such specious reasoning that you should really think about deletion of the post...

The reason Bailey is gone is because he had no chance of coaching in 2012 and when that is the case - you cut ties.

Garry Lyon is a former great who is never going to be far from the ear of whoever is running the club, but to say he precipitated Dean's axing is rich - even for you...

He didn't precipitate it, Dean did that with his 25% win-loss record and the 186 belting.

But someone's got to step in and make the hard call and unsheath the knife.

Jimmy is the kind face of it but make no mistake, Gary is the hatchet man.

You have no idea how power and politics works Rpfc.

Edited by Range Rover

"I made a decision to expose as many of our players as I could (to senior football) this year, so we could find out what they've got. We thought this year was going to be a platform. You don't win premierships unless you build a list, and a list is not 21 or 22 players. I have no hesitation in what we've done. It's the right thing for the club. If it costs me my job, then so be it. The club is always bigger than the individual."

Put the club ahead of himself. Selfless. The MFC owes Bailey and the members an explanation of the exact reasons for his sacking, why CS was given a 1-year extension (if the playing group is disgruntled with him) and why CC has the full support of the club. No more hiding, total transparency. Save what credibility we have left.

I also feel it is time to tell Tom he must let his decision be known.

Spot on! offering and announcing 1 year extension of CS and also CC is safe at same time BD sacking formalised was very poor and disrespectful. Clearly there are issues with CS and CC perfomances or roles and whether involving themselves in Football Dept. For both of them to be confirmed today is very odd. Even if not the case looks like Dean Bailey whos is the outsider is taking ALL the blame.

No doubt he had to go after Saturday and was only 50:50 to be retained before then so decision is right, timing is questionable.

Not addressed by either Jim or Don in the presser before DB came in and spoke. DB's preformance was classy and much better. Defended his players to the end! pity the players were not prepared to support the coach in the same way!

Guest fitness

I thought it was telling that Dean was glowing of both the playing group and the coaching group.. and even seemed to acknowledge that the board made the only decision they could. He made no mention of the administration though...

He didn't precipitate it, Dean did that with his 25% win-loss record and the 186 belting.

But someone's got to step in and make the hard call and unsheath the knife.

Jimmy is the kind face of it but make no mistake, Gary is the hatchet man.

You have no idea how power and politics works Rpfc.

HahahahHahaha the irony of that last line!

Seriously Range Rover, give up.

You have NFI, on the Scully topic, on this one, and I'd hate to think what others.

Just listening to 774 and the reporter said the talk afterwards throughout the reporters wasnt about dean Bailey but how Jim was and looked.

Said they asked about Garry not to speculate him coaching but for him to help out more so Jimmy can stand back a bit more.

Jim doesnt need this stress or further worries.

Thining about this a little more, perhaps what Jim might be alluding to in regards to support from Lyon is not for Lyon to step in to a coaching role, but to assume the MFC presidency, so as to enable Jim to walk away from the job and focus of his personal challenge, knowing the club is in safe hands. Given Jim's situation, I think he's probably coming to the realisation that he can't keep up his amazing efforts for much longer, but feels a huge sense of responsibility to ensure the club's future. Gary Lyon could then still continue with many of his media commitments as present.

Edited by Ascobar

I have been a long-term supporter of Dean Bailey but was violently swayed by Saturday’s performance. Unfortunately, Dean had to go but the Club owes him an enormous debt. Even including the two Grand finals (in which we had no hope on both occasions) and even after Saturday (maybe because of Saturday which gives us the chance to address some internal machinations), we are closer to that elusive Premiership than at anytime since 1964. Dean has sacrificed his coaching record to renew our list, to teach, and to get games into junior players. He has done all of that with calmness, good humour and above all integrity.

The base of the Premiership Cup that we win in 2014 or 2015 will belong to Dean Bailey.

Thank you Dean & good luck.

Thining about this a little more, perhaps what Jim might be alluding to in regards to support from Lyon is not for Lyon to step in to a coaching role, but to assume the MFC presidency, so as to enable Jim to walk away from the job and focus of his personal challenge, knowing the club is in safe hands. Given Jim's situation, I think he's probably coming to the realisation that he can't keep up his amazing efforts for much longer, but feels a huge sense of responsibility to ensure the club's future. Gary Lyon could then still continue with many of his media commitments as present.

Good point. Worth examining further.

I still think that the way the club handled this is a disgrace! Yes, we lost by 186 points... but to basically lump it ALL on Bailey is bull-[censored]. Talk about a sacrificial lamb... you can't tell me that one man is responsible for the hiding we received on the weekend.

Yes he is. He chose the coaching team. They made player management decisions. Responsible for team selection. Developed game plan.... what more do lyou want to hear. Good bloke,.. but what's that got to do with coaching

Yes he is. He chose the coaching team. They made player management decisions. Responsible for team selection. Developed game plan.... what more do lyou want to hear. Good bloke,.. but what's that got to do with coaching

Did he? If the stories of interference from Schwab and Connolly are true, then maybe he didn't do all of what you say.

Did he? If the stories of interference from Schwab and Connolly are true, then maybe he didn't do all of what you say.

Jimmy and Schwab have done a great deal for getting our club bac kinto a good position.

The decision on the 2012 coaching position is critical! Lets hope we dont become anything similar to Schwab and Connolly's previous club together

305979ac.jpg

I found it hard to hear that he'd been sacked too. Personally I think it would have been nice to put off until the end of the season but I can see why the club acted immediately. Dean has been a class act all the way through his tenure. As Jim said Dean is a great man and a man of great integrity. This is just so, so evident.

Hear's to you Dean.

I see this as a mistake by the club. We have just dispensed with a valuable person, with obvious integrity, and ability as a manager of football and footballers. We have replaced him with a great player but one who doesn't like the modern analysis approach. Meanwhile the 'old boys' network is retained. Our club legends are few because we haven't had much success or sustained period of high standard footy over the past forty years. We clutch at straws with people like Lyon, Viney, Ox and Connolly. Gazing inward is not the way for us. Bailey brought a modern scientific approach. Succes would have come eventually. I am very disappointed.

Agree with you wholeheartedly but the problem you have is selling it after a loss like that. The media and to a smaller extent 'supporter' websites like this one are baying for blood and they have the club admin by the balls. Sponsorship and Membership is the bottom line. Whoever coaches this side is going to have success, it's just a shame that we now hand it all to someone on a silver platter. It just doesn't seem right.

And you have even less idea. A noteworthy achievement. Well done.

For what it is worth and in my humble opinion, you are on the money Rover. At this time, personal abuse does no-one any favours, least of all the club. Let's stick fat, regardless of what opinions any of us hold. It is time to stand united. Lord knows, all of us will cop a caning from opposition supporters. From half time on Saturday and right up until now, my phone has gone into text meltdown from "mates" who take perverse pleasure in someone else's adversity.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

No AFL coach will ever coach out a season after their team loses by 186 points. Not this season. Not next season. Never ever.

The Board had only one decision to make and they have made it.

Spot on, I'm not sure what part of a 186 point drubbing would allow any coach to coach out the season.

Guest Gotzy15

HahahahHahaha the irony of that last line!

Seriously Range Rover, give up.

You have NFI, on the Scully topic, on this one, and I'd hate to think what others.

e25 mate were all in this together. If someone gives an opinion theres no need to rubbish it and attack the poster. Thats exactly why this club stinks because we are simply a bunch of individuals- that goes for the players, the board, the coaches and sadly the supporters and posters on Demonland. We should all fight together for our club because we all want exactly the same thing- success and effort. All opinions should be taken on board and we should all be working together and supporting one another.

I too would have preferred to see it done at the end of the year.

Bails has been nothing short of 100% in his integrity and his determination to put the club first. He basically sacrificed the second year of his contract to put the club in a better position for the long term.

I am grateful for what he has done from a list management perspective and in the way he has handled himself.

I don't think he deserved to be knifed the day after the game and perhaps it would have been better to wait until the end of the season to do it.

I understand that there may be other factors behind the scene of which I'm unaware which may have necessitated such swift action. But in the absence of such factors I would have preferred to give him until the end of the year and then the decision not to re-appoint him can be made then.