Tom Scully

Will be interesting to see how his value will be affected if he has problems playing out the rest of the season. Are GWS really that stupid to offer $6m over 5 years to a kid with knee problems?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone running a book on how Melbourne's injury list will look when it's published on Tuesday evening?

I'm thinking of taking a wager on:

Tom Scully (knee) 4 - 6 weeks

Naturally, this will stretch out by another week or so in the fullness of time.

We might not have a large number of 'veteran' leaders, but Tom is hardly on his own as a driven kid determined to be his best.

An Eth38 - it is closer to "Can anyone give me a quick kneecap". :wacko:

The evaluation -

Scully goes to GWS. We get -

2 first round draft picks to use in any of the following five drafts.

Presumably pole position to grab O'Meara for one of those floating picks, which GWS is very keen on having.

The salary cap space to add $50k/year to the contract offers of TEN different players we are trying to retain. Eg. Martin. Gawn. Petterd. Trengove. Tapscott. Watts. Sylvia. Grimes. Frawley. Garland.

A permanent vendetta against GWS to add to our cultural colour.

Scully stays at MFC. We get -

The most overrated and overpaid midfielder in the AFL.

(Ooooh... harsh!)

(Ooooh... harsh!)

I don't get this.

I can understand believing that there is life without Tom Scully, because there is...

But I don't understand the "if we keep him, then that is bad" brainstamp...

I like the MFC.

Footy flags are won with gun players.

I want the MFC to win a flag.

Tom Scully is a gun player.

I would like to keep him.

Or alternatively, I would like to use the compo we get for him to get a gun player.

Nowhere in that is "we keep gun player, damin it!"

Guest hangon007

We might not have a large number of 'veteran' leaders, but Tom is hardly on his own as a driven kid determined to be his best.

An Eth38 - it is closer to "Can anyone give me a quick kneecap". :wacko:

The evaluation -

Presumably pole position to grab O'Meara for one of those floating picks, which GWS is very keen on having.

The salary cap space to add $50k/year to the contract offers of TEN different players we are trying to retain. Eg. Martin. Gawn. Petterd. Trengove. Tapscott. Watts. Sylvia. Grimes. Frawley. Garland.

(Ooooh... harsh!)

Well sounds like we finally have a resolution. Thanks little goofy. Why didn't we all just come to this conclusion in the first place. You make it all sounds so easy.

Thanks

PS Can I ask one question - What if Tom doesn't want to go to GWS as his first option?

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

I don't get this.

I can understand believing that there is life without Tom Scully, because there is...

But I don't understand the "if we keep him, then that is bad" brainstamp...

I like the MFC.

Footy flags are won with gun players.

I want the MFC to win a flag.

Tom Scully is a gun player.

I would like to keep him.

Or alternatively, I would like to use the compo we get for him to get a gun player.

Nowhere in that is "we keep gun player, damin it!"

Mate you are fighting a loosing battle ... just give up. B)

"They" have got no belly, "they" have no guts ... they are soft.

You have 8 weeks left to talk tough ... then you have nothing.

However, dont get me wrong I hope it never comes to that. B)

Edited by hangon007

The evaluation -

(Ooooh... harsh!)

Very Harsh....Glad you are not working within the inner Sanctum LG.

Guest hangon007

Very Harsh....Glad you are not working within the inner Sanctum LG.

But that is his opinion and he has a right to share it. B)

Will be interesting to see how his value will be affected if he has problems playing out the rest of the season. Are GWS really that stupid to offer $6m over 5 years to a kid with knee problems?

Absolutely....this persistent knee injury could change a lot of contract figures on both sides. 5-6 year contract are very long, no matter who they are for. AFL is physically brutal and makes no apologies.

You know what, I've supported Scully long enough but it's just [censored] now.

He has at least a week off now to consider what he wants and he has to man the [censored] up and make a decision or just [censored] off.

We have other contracts to sort and he surely knows what he wants now.

Sort it out Scully FFS you're a grown up.

Guest hangon007

You know what, I've supported Scully long enough but it's just [censored] now.

He has at least a week off now to consider what he wants and he has to man the [censored] up and make a decision or just [censored] off.

We have other contracts to sort and he surely knows what he wants now.

Sort it out Scully FFS you're a grown up.

Thats the wrong attitude ... never ask for "something" you dont really want to see happen.

Jaded he may have made his decision long ago. B)

I still hope we are in front, but we are loosing ground fast, especially with many of the attitudes around here.

Thats the wrong attitude ... never ask for "something" you dont really want to see happen.

Jaded he may have made his decision long ago. B)

I still hope we are in front, but we are loosing ground fast, especially with many of the attitudes around here.

I have no doubt that his mind is already made up, which means he is either a coward too scared to tell the club, or he's selfish and holding out for even more money even though he wants to stay.

One way or the other, he now has a bit of time off to work it out and make a decision. It's impossible to keep dragging this out for another 2 months.

Is anyone running a book on how Melbourne's injury list will look when it's published on Tuesday evening?

I'm thinking of taking a wager on:

Naturally, this will stretch out by another week or so in the fullness of time.

It's a pity really. I'd have him running around for the Casey 2nd's.

I have no doubt that his mind is already made up, which means he is either a coward too scared to tell the club, or he's selfish and holding out for even more money even though he wants to stay.

One way or the other, he now has a bit of time off to work it out and make a decision. It's impossible to keep dragging this out for another 2 months.

I agree with this....now that Tom has some time off, he can certainly bring forward his strategy for next year. It will also help the MFC sort out the Sylvia contract.

Last time Tom had a sore knee he was out for 13?? weeks, this time hopefully will not be as long, but certainly long enough to have "meaningful" discussions with all sides.

Edited by why you little

Guest hangon007

Mate you better watch the mods dont accuse you of ranting.

But I would suggest you have still got the reason wrong. But yeah if he does go if it makes you feel any better yes he is a coward, selfish or for the money (none of which I believe or are consistent with what he has said)

Go Dees

Guest hangon007

It's a pity really. I'd have him running around for the Casey 2nd's.

Kiss your 2 compensation picks good-bye them ... :)

Please dont insult Tom.

I dont understand why so many are so quick to go into bat for scully? Yes he plays for the dees, but he's not the second coming of christ FFS.

Cant say a bad word about Scully in this thread, but feel free to slag morton, bennell, Bate etc in countless other discussions....

Guest hangon007

I agree with this....now that Tom has some time off, he can certainly bring forward his strategy for next year.

Not consistent what he has already said. Wont happen ... be patient.

Guest hangon007

I dont understand why so many are so quick to go into bat for scully? Yes he plays for the dees, but he's not the second coming of christ FFS.

Cant say a bad word about Scully in this thread, but feel free to slag morton, bennell, Bate etc in countless other discussions....

I'm sorry but I will insult no player. Are you really sure you want Melbourne supporters to insult their players?

Wonder how that would go down? Why dont we throw rocks at them?

none of which I believe or are consistent with what he has said

Go Dees

Has rpfc hijacked your account? What ever happened to hangon007 with the Richmond conspiracy theories etc?!

Jaded and the Tweed Pig - you sound like you've been reading too much of Mike the self flagellating Sheehan. The more his pushed the happier I am for him to take his own sweet time, of course I'd like to see him sign with us but damn it he's just doing what he said he'd do.

and the 'very selfish' i think is unfair and flat out wrong.

Not consistent what he has already said. Wont happen ... be patient.

Excuse me??? Nobody factored 2 knee injuries in this scenario. Tom now has ample time on his hands.

I want him to stick around, but i also like to see time used wisely.

Guest hangon007

What ever happened to hangon007 with the Richmond conspiracy theories etc?!

What are you talking about? What conspiracy theory? I'm sorry you have lost me.