• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

He may be introverted when it comes to public attention and having a twitter account, but that doesn't mean he is an introvert at the club, nor does it mean that he cannot influence those around him with the way he goes about his footy.

Nathan Jones felt this way before Tom had played a game.

I wonder what he might say now ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has said and maintained he understands Scully's view and respects it... support. ??? who knows. Might be a stretch that.

Trengove is playing a very straight bat here. As is his only real option. Very unfair how hes been made to cop so much that really Scully should front for...imho

Whether or not Scully 'copped' more flak, Jack would still be asked about his opinion on Tom.

I understand some see Tom not getting out in public and doing another presser is him deflecting the spotlight onto his fellow teammates but I see his absence as some fuel that he is not going to throw on the fire.

The guys are going to get those questions, it would just be a bigger bonfire with Tom out there.

Another area I disagree with the club on - I don't think another Tom presser would be helpful.

The next time he should talk at length on his contract would be in September and he should be in red and blue or in plain clothes.

Please give me a FACT as to why he should sign now - not from the clubs perspective or from the supporters perspective but from Tom's perspective.

Nicely diverted NUt.. There is no fact that can be brought to bear for either directionb. Its not about facts per se, Its about intent. Its about motive. About direction.

Thats the Fact of the matter

Whether or not Scully 'copped' more flak, Jack would still be asked about his opinion on Tom.

I understand some see Tom not getting out in public and doing another presser is him deflecting the spotlight onto his fellow teammates but I see his absence as some fuel that he is not going to throw on the fire.

The guys are going to get those questions, it would just be a bigger bonfire with Tom out there.

Another area I disagree with the club on - I don't think another Tom presser would be helpful.

The next time he should talk at length on his contract would be in September and he should be in red and blue or in plain clothes.

Jack Trengove is being constantly put on the spot to account for whether , as he understands things to be, Tom is telling the truth in these matters.

Thisis not a question for JT..its one for TS..

The fact is the lad is being offered contracts based on potential. The subjective debate is whether his potential will actualise to the amounts he will be paid now and how quickly that will happen.

This is right, & the GWS have money to throw around on spec. They have 3 Years to make good value out of spec cash.

We don't have the extra spec cash given to us so we are in the pond @ the deep end. Less spec is best for us.

Jack Trengove is being constantly put on the spot to account for whether , as he understands things to be, Tom is telling the truth in these matters.

Thisis not a question for JT..its one for TS..

Not true.

The question to Tom wouldn't be "Do you think you are telling the truth?"

It would be "Are you telling the truth?"

I know what the anser would be, and so do you.

So what is the point of asking a question when you already know the answer?

Guest hangon007

I agree that hwe has only the two offers to think about.

I disagree that he has to do it now.

This is not true, Tom could have many options to think about. Its easily us that could be backed into a corner if we try to play "hard ball" with Velocity. Just watch who you play "hard ball" with when you dont hold the most powerfull card.

Then you can kiss "your compensation picks" .... good bye. That you all seem to think are heading our way. B)

However, as I've said from the very, very start ... I hope it never comes to that.

Guest hangon007

This is right, & the GWS have money to throw around on spec. They have 3 Years to make good value out of spec cash.

We don't have the extra spec cash given to us so we are in the pond @ the deep end. Less spec is best for us.

Absolute myth ... they dont have the "money to throw around on spec". They too have to make sensible list management decisions.

Guest hangon007

The question to Tom wouldn't be "Do you think you are telling the truth?"

He is absolutely telling the truth, their is no doubt about it any more.

He has said and maintained he understands Scully's view and respects it... support. ??? who knows. Might be a stretch that.

Might not be a stretch, might be the truth. You're speculating, if you ask me it's not window dressing, the club speak highly about his character, Tom's character, ever since they were drafted. I've heard them both speak, both face the media and everytime it underlines their descriptive values.

Trengove is playing a very straight bat here. As is his only real option. Very unfair how hes been made to cop so much that really Scully should front for...imho

Ever since the GWS concessions were announced, our club was always going to work hard to retain our best players. Promoting the club environment, the teammates, the increased level of support for the AFL's oldest club, new facilities, the excitement of the list. The club needs to keep ramming it home in any case, and JT is apart of that. Like it or not he will forever be linked to Tom because of their connection - it's a smart move.

Despite all the speculation, the contract(s) will be nutted out, negotiated and 'decided on' in September. As he, his management and the club have stated since day dot. These things take time, much like the CBA agreement...like I said it's only a distraction for the Nellies and the media who love re-hashing things that will sell. Within the club, it would be all about footy and particularly this week, Hawthorn.

Nicely diverted NUt.. There is no fact that can be brought to bear for either directionb. Its not about facts per se, Its about intent. Its about motive. About direction.

Thats the Fact of the matter

Not nicely diverted - its nice stated - and your answer says it all -

intent - you can go Tom's way and signal little and or you go Chris Tarrants way ( I want to stay at Freo) and Gary Ablett's way ( I want to Captain geelong) and then do the opposite

motive - we are all guessing as to motive so why even try

Direction - similar to intent

There is little emotion being shown here by Velocity in their negotiation stance and they are well aware of the emotional reactions this strategy is causing but there is still no logical response to why he has to sign now so there it is.

Edited by nutbean

Might not be a stretch, might be the truth. You're speculating, if you ask me it's not window dressing, the club speak highly about his character, Tom's character, ever since they were drafted. I've heard them both speak, both face the media and everytime it underlines their descriptive values.

Im speculating ?? youve taken it to the nth !!

Ever since the GWS concessions were announced, our club was always going to work hard to retain our best players. Promoting the club environment, the teammates, the increased level of support for the AFL's oldest club, new facilities, the excitement of the list. The club needs to keep ramming it home in any case, and JT is apart of that. Like it or not he will forever be linked to Tom because of their connection - it's a smart move.

Despite all the speculation, the contract(s) will be nutted out, negotiated and 'decided on' in September. As he, his management and the club have stated since day dot. These things take time, much like the CBA agreement...like I said it's only a distraction for the Nellies and the media who love re-hashing things that will sell. Within the club, it would be all about footy and particularly this week, Hawthorn.

There are many things in there that JT is very much a part... but needing to be TS mouth isnt one of them !!. Hes letting others cop his flack...bit poor really.

There are many things in there that JT is very much a part... but needing to be TS mouth isnt one of them !!. Hes letting others cop his flack...bit poor really.

They were destined for that flak, and would get it, whether Tom got out there are constantly took his own 'flak.'

They are not going to suddenly not ask these questions of Tom's teammates if Tom is there to ask, because they are different questions.

Guest 36DD

Absolute myth ... they dont have the "money to throw around on spec". They too have to make sensible list management decisions.

Jeez you shouldn't be so gullible, do you think Demetriou wouldn't have an interest creating the perception that they do not have a blank cheque?

Extra million on top of the salary cap, additional marketing allowances re: Folau and the majority of the fifty five players on below average wages. Most will be on rookie list type wages whilst the recent draftees are locked into $77,000 for the first two years leaving massive money available to 6 or 7 players.

Is this sensible, $6 million over 6 years for a player who on current value is worth around $300-$350,000? Or is that just a myth?

Edited by 36DD

When Greg Swann was interviewed this morning by KB he said that he had seen a list of those players with 3rd party agreements and that Judd was not the highest contract that there was one higher. He said that he didnt know the name but there was a lot of snickering that it was Hunt or Floau (sorry cant remember) but it doesnt matter because they are both AFL players receiving a third party marketing payment from the AFL. Please it is just crap what comes out his mouth and he treats everyone with contempt. At least Tim Watson tried to take it up to Demetriou this morning not like the other two sycophants. Bloody Andy Maher would not know what probing was. To bring up White insinuating that Melbourne did to Fremantle what GWS is doing to us. Hoestly I hope there is a thing called Karma because I would hate to be Demetriou when it comes around.

Guest hangon007

Jeez you shouldn't be so gullible, do you think Demetriou wouldn't have an interest creating the perception that they do not have a blank cheque?

Extra million on top of the salary cap, additional marketing allowances re: Folau and the majority of the fifty five players on below average wages. Most will be on rookie list type wages whilst the recent draftees are locked into $77,000 for the first two years leaving massive money available to 6 or 7 players.

Is this sensible, $6 million over 6 years for a player who on current value is worth around $300-$350,000? Or is that just a myth?

Now who is ranting? They dont have a "blank cheque" ... don't look externally for the problem, its sits and breathes around you.

Edited by hangon007

Scully out of Sunday's team btw - knee again.

I remembered it as a back injury...

Can anyone give me a quick recap? Is it an aggravation of the same knee problem, or is it something new and not so bad?

I should know this...