• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

You said TOM is unhappy with the clauses, trying to imply he supposedly didn't know of the contract conditions

It states SCULLY CAMP, not Tom Scully himself

lol.... ah yes.. i love it when the plausible deniabilitiy horse is dragged out.

Keep in mind shall we..Its ALL Scully .. Hes the one who is playing..hes the one who is paying.. Its up to him what acceptable in teh end and whats not.

please.... get real

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Tweed Pig

Taking the Green parallel to its logical end - You can now ease off on Tom until well after seasons end as Green also had offers on the table prior to seasons end and did not sign until after the season over.

Point two - point me to where Tom has said he is unhappy with clauses in the contract. This is where so many posters are confused - you are interpreting what is being reported as being out of the mouth of Tom or his management. The report says the Scully camp says are unhappy with things at MFC - Blucher says Tom is happy with MFC. So are telling me that Tom is unhappy ?

I'm surprised you can't see the difference when it comes to Scully's contract. Most players would sign in a heartbeat if the offer from the club far exceeded their worth. Sometimes it takes negotiations til after the season for parties to agree, such is the delicate balances of salary cap issues.

Clearly, Scully has the club's best offer on the table. An offer that well and truly exceeds his current worth. This is due to circumstances that are very very rare and after next year may not happy for decades. Your examples of other players in more ordinary circumstances carry no weight when discussing this issue.

I did say I wouldn't post again but I couldn't help it.

If he ever had the intention to stay he would have signed. You are naive to believe otherwise. What we are seeing now is stage 2 of "Tom's a great guy,he's playing for GWS, and it's not all about the money". Stage 1 was last week when we had the "Melbourne's offer fall's short rubbish" This week it's the "Rift with senior management rubbish" He agreed a long time ago the rest is a charade run by the AFL. The only reason he's playing is because the club needs the compensation picks. AFL anyone? This is big business and it's run that way. The masses are kept in the dark by reading lightweight journalism and the top few line their pockets. Unfortunately what big business forgets is that this competition had a soul and that's what made it great. Little by little that is watered down and the game is worse off because of it. FFS they changed the rules at the drop of a hat to make sure we couldn't keep him. Let's take the picks, Boo him loudly next year and hope like hell we can keep the rest of our players.

Green...was waiting til teh best offer from Melbourne came.. not the first one.. Sorry not same at all. Melbournes offfer for Scully is as is..what ever it is. . If he wants to continue at Melbourne he could obviosuly sign now.

and you are privvy to this being final and nothing else to come how ? they have already upped the contract and if you want to believe everything you read there are clauses that he isnt happy and they may be negotiated out differenrly?

rift,...blah blah

quote:

"THE Scully camp is at odds with the Demons over the clauses in the club's latest contract offer."

hardly ambiguous

Ahhh - the Scully camp ! I punched that into the GPS but it came back a negative - no such place - I must have missed it in the article, the unambiguous statements about his unhappiness from Alistair Lynch, from Blucher, from Scully - point me to those please. Numerous high placed sources in and out of the club has said he has signed for GWS - But a confidant of Tom who cant keep his mouth shut rated him 30/70 of staying -30 would hardly indicate he has signed to GWS. The only unambiguous named source in the article is Blucher and he says that Tom is happy at MFC.

My problem here is the whole article except one person who went on the record is more nameless faceless comments.

BB - you may well be right with him leaving but i will not transpose nameless comments as facts attributed to Tom and his management - I will rely on the comments that have their name to it until something else attributable is said.

I feel uneasy about this but like a lot of people do but i wont make the mistake as taking comments attributed to the "Scully camp" as facts.

Edited by High Tower
Fixed quote tag

And we are back to HUN articles being the gospel truth...

You guys really need to get some friends in the industry and the will tell you how much horsesh!t flies around the footy media industry.

and because Green held out and there was a Collingwood offer on the table proves that he isnt - ohh wait - he's our captain.......

Intrinsically, EVERY supporter always got that feeling that he wasn't going anywhere, as opposed to TS.

Could you please not resort to sarcasm? Let's just talk footy (or transfers)

I'm surprised you can't see the difference when it comes to Scully's contract. Most players would sign in a heartbeat if the offer from the club far exceeded their worth. Sometimes it takes negotiations til after the season for parties to agree, such is the delicate balances of salary cap issues.

Clearly, Scully has the club's best offer on the table. An offer that well and truly exceeds his current worth. This is due to circumstances that are very very rare and after next year may not happy for decades. Your examples of other players in more ordinary circumstances carry no weight when discussing this issue.

so you want to believe some that is written but not all - there are some clauses in his contract that "Sources" say he is unhappy with ? they cant still be negotiated ? You think there is no more to come. You can categorically state that MFC offer is done and dusted ? You see here is the thing - if i was his manager ( greedy and blood sucking) i would say - the longer this thing goes on the more loose change or perks are gonna fall out of the pocket - can i get your confirmation from that the contract on the table for Scully is done and finished there aint no more ?

On Green He said he was offered more at Collingwood - the problem is he would have found it hard to get there without trading. So Greens contract was a fine balancing act and Scullys isnt - MFC have already raised the ante once but you are sure its final now - nothing more can be done.

Wow - I need the Hun to start quoting you - you are well in the inner sanctum as to what is going on

Guest 36DD

And we are back to HUN articles being the gospel truth...

You guys really need to get some friends in the industry and the will tell you how much horsesh!t flies around the footy media industry.

go on name drop, u know u want to

rpfc, given that you have contacts in the media, are you still confident he will stay? (i.e., what are your contacts saying, if anything?)

They move with the tides.

Most are adamant he is gone.

But last week, after we found out that Tom wasn't lying, most thought he would stay.

Now they are back on the GWS bandwagon.

They are idiots when it comes to this sexy stuff.

The better story is for him to wait, and for him to go, and if they can get MFC officials to do something stupid in the interim then that's the cherry on top.

Edited by rpfc

What's going to happen on Sunday?

Will Scully be greeted with cheers, silence or boos when he gets the footy and goes for a gallop?

I have a feeling he'll be booed, which may eradicate any lingering doubts he has about relocating! Would be disappoint me greatly (even though I'm looking forward to booing him LOUDLY next year).

Thoughts?

go on name drop, u know u want to

I think you are overstating the celebrity of footy journalism.

Or maybe you are not.

These guys do like it when they are apart of the story...

My take on it without making up lies.....

Scully and his manager look at his next contract last August. They could either sign there for a slight increase in wage or wait to this one expires to see how much he would be worth after two years. Sounds like they are being smart to me.

Some of the worst 'journalism' I've read.

agree 100%, i'd even say it not journalism.

There was nothing new or different, in any of these articals. It's my opinion that the herald sun have been payed by GWS/AFL, to push this issue...

herald sun, what a joke!

Guest The Tweed Pig

so you want to believe some that is written but not all - there are some clauses in his contract that "Sources" say he is unhappy with ? they cant still be negotiated ? You think there is no more to come. You can categorically state that MFC offer is done and dusted ? You see here is the thing - if i was his manager ( greedy and blood sucking) i would say - the longer this thing goes on the more loose change or perks are gonna fall out of the pocket - can i get your confirmation from that the contract on the table for Scully is done and finished there aint no more ?

On Green He said he was offered more at Collingwood - the problem is he would have found it hard to get there without trading. So Greens contract was a fine balancing act and Scullys isnt - MFC have already raised the ante once but you are sure its final now - nothing more can be done.

Wow - I need the Hun to start quoting you - you are well in the inner sanctum as to what is going on

The price is done and dusted, but of course they'll argue about terms. I don't believe he's signed with GWS, but am concerned that he won't come to the negotiating table. There can be no doubt that he's seriously considering moving. I haven't completely given up hope he'll stay, but I can read the tea leaves.

Your examples of other players holding out til season's end in far less exceptional circumstances doesn't hold water. I'm surprised this doesn't resonate with you.

The price is done and dusted, but of course they'll argue about terms. I don't believe he's signed with GWS, but am concerned that he won't come to the negotiating table. There can be no doubt that he's seriously considering moving. I haven't completely given up hope he'll stay, but I can read the tea leaves.

Your examples of other players holding out til season's end in far less exceptional circumstances doesn't hold water. I'm surprised this doesn't resonate with you.

I think those examples hold plenty of water.

Just less media attention...

It isn't ransom.

No, it's a stalemate (with commentary)......

A top 3 pick is worth more than two first round picks.

That kinda depends on if he truly wants to play for the club......

Edited by QueenC

Intrinsically, EVERY supporter always got that feeling that he wasn't going anywhere, as opposed to TS.

Could you please not resort to sarcasm? Let's just talk footy (or transfers)

there reason for sarcarsm is because you are trying to say that because Rioli signed without fanfare so should Scully.

You are taking different players and trying to bundle them the same. So I am clear and non sarcastic i will be clear - through the history of the AFL we have had players who had signed on with little fanfare and on the other extreme we have had Silvio Foschini who went to court to get to Stkilda. With FA coming in fanfares will become common place get used to it.

And intrinsically every supporter thought that Green would stay and i would counter that most thought that Bruce would stay

( not sure every supporter wanted him to stay but thats another story). You are putting your opinions on an issue and trying to pass them off as fact.

I keep repeating myself - I have no idea if he will stay but I will not say I am not entirely confident . But I wont suggest I am privvy as to where the negotiations are up to or whether they have been completed or whether there is more to come or not. This horrible Velocity strategy could be ended now but as Pavlich has always done - the longer it goes the better for Velocity's client. And I wont take anything that reporters with unattributable sources declare as facts to be so.

All will be revealed when Velocity are good and ready.

The worrying aspect is his manager saying Scully won't make up his mind till after the season ends but will then make up his mind straight away and within 1 week. That screams out he has made a decision already, and he can't announce he is going.

That and his latest quote that Tom is happy at Melbourne and that is not a factor in his decision. might have let that slip, as it doesn't make any sense as you read it, if he was staying.

Those quotes have me thinking he is gone. If he goes he was defintely lying as how did everyone know about this big contract that was only just put on the table a week or so ago.

That kinda depends on if he truly wants to play for the club......

I was talking about that in the abstract.

I am troubled by people thinking that pick 10 and Pick 20 in the 2012 draft will be the same as Tom Scully (I am making two assumptions: 1. We don't trade the picks, and 2. We use them in the next unspoiled draft).

The kids we get will be more speculative and will push back our window.

That's my point.

And that's why I hope we trade those picks, or at least one, for an established player.

Or maybe you are not.

I am actually a fan of Mark Robinson but he gave a great insight into the world of Hun journalists.

He said a couple of 360's ago that he had been sure from all he had got from his sources that Scully was gone but now he had no idea what to believe. This was directly after the MFC offer and GWS offer came to light. He was clearly confused.

You have got to love a journo with conviction !

Guest 36DD

Or maybe you are not.

and everyone down the pub loves to know someone in the know...ya know