Gawn's gawn :(

pitchfork

Gawn had to go out this week. I hope and trust the FD has let him know how valuable his contribution has been. His first few games were as promising as the first few games played by any of our best young stars-to-be.

Thanks Max. Sorry to see you go. We know you'll be back! And I suspect you'll be on the field when we're able to put together a real crack at a premiership cup in the coming years.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The footy Gods gave him three games of valuable experience; it was pure fortune that got him in the side this time around and he seized the opportunity. This guy is going to be an absolute weapon, but back to Casey now to hone his craft.

Will be freakishly good in his time .

We are in a fantastic position again.

Well done selectors .

Bad luck Bater .

At least now there is serious competition for places .

I'm expecting a strong finish to 2011 .

Mr Max Gawn has a long and hopefully brilliant career for the MFC ahead of him.

He got his shot & took it with both hands. That Tackle on the outer flank should be part of all training video going forward.

Learn more Max back at Casey & at training...i bet he plays in the MFC jumper again this year....

Onya Big Maxy.... B)

He got his shot & took it with both hands. That Tackle on the outer flank should be part of all training video going forward.

Learn more Max back at Casey & at training...i bet he plays in the MFC jumper again this year....

Onya Big Maxy.... B)

+1

He better be patient.

Martin and Spencer will be difficult to push past at such a young age.

I think Gawn actually has more of a future in the side while Spencer is fast becoming a surplus player.

I think Gawn actually has more of a future in the side while Spencer is fast becoming a surplus player.

That may be but Gawn has no extra ability (right now) over Spencer that would put him ahead.

So while Spencer is there, Gawn is behind him.

That may be but Gawn has no extra ability (right now) over Spencer that would put him ahead.

Interesting, what do you base this on? You are probably right but I feel that now they have seen Max perform on the big stage, he will be the priority for development through game time and the focus as Jamars heir.

In my opinion Max showed more than Spencer already has.

Onya Big Maxy.... B)

+2

He better be patient.

Spencer cried a little inside each game Gawn played. I'd probably pick Gawn over Spencer right now, let alone when we start talking about potential.

Guest DeesPower

Interesting, what do you base this on? You are probably right but I feel that now they have seen Max perform on the big stage, he will be the priority for development through game time and the focus as Jamars heir.

In my opinion Max showed more than Spencer already has.

Congratulations Maxy. A fantastic debut and signs of greater things to come in the next couple of years.

Gawn has the attributes to DOMINATE games like a Paul Salmon or a Sandilands does. In his time he will be better and a more valuable player than Natinui.

He is only 19, and will be huge and athletic in a couple of years time. He already has the basic skills such as tap work, marking, mobility and endeavor in spades. A year or so watching, learning and practising with the Russian will make him into one of our half dozen most valuable players in our premiership window.

If he can also work on his forward play, particularly getting his pack marking to stick, and his kicking improved (although i have seen him at Casey show great kicking skills which he seem to lose on the bigger stage). That will come with time.

I look forward to seeing Gawn, Martin and the Russian in the same side, with Jamar playing mostly as a key forward and taking centre bounces, Martin playing as a key back and rucking in the backhalf, and Big Max on the ball. This will be our premiership combination in a couple of years i am sure.

Bring it on. Exciting times ahead.......

Edited by DeesPower

Gawn will be patient. The competitiveness he has shown to date - he'll grow from there. What Gawn has got is footy nous (footy smarts), and given he is driven and determined that should take him a long way.

He better be patient.

At 208 cm and maybe still growing...Big Max will be playing seniors by next year, maybe not every week. But he will play.

This kid will dominate....Make Jimmy's 37 proud again.

Guest DeesPower

Will be freakishly good in his time .

We are in a fantastic position again.

Well done selectors .

Bad luck Bater .

At least now there is serious competition for places .

I'm expecting a strong finish to 2011 .

Agree. Our strength is beginning to be really impressive. If we can find room to debut MacDonald and Bleeze this year we have a fantastic basis for next year and beyond, with a playing list not much older than Gold Coast

Disagree, but I think the footy department would agree with you, so I think in the end you'll be proven right. What's a huge positive is that in his short stint he earned his spot. The not-so-great flipside there is that any time any ruck plays a bad one, the fans will be screaming for some Gawn, when in reality he's about 4 years away from being a 22-round player.

Love him already though.