Hunch-No Love for the Dees

Guest 36DD

Guest 36DD

Just read an article in the big paper by Derryn Hinch.

The article discusses his involvement with the club, he seemed quite active in the 80's but now he no longer follows us.

Reason being, when the olympic pavilion was to be pulled down the club held a function in the changerooms, Beverly O'Connor, board member at the time was invited and then uninvited as it was just for the old boys.

Hunch reckons the decision was misogynistic etc etc.

I think Hunch often over estimates his self importance, I couldn't give a proverbial turd that you no longer support the club. I find the Hunch often champions causes solely on the basis of how much exposure they will generate for himself (Kim Duthie???). Wouldn't be surprised that he started following the Dees so he could rub shoulders with the so called "top end of town".

Opportunistic Kiwi bottom feeder.

I think Hunch often over estimates his self importance, I couldn't give a proverbial turd that you no longer support the club.

So why the post? ;)

Edited by hardtack

Guest Thomo

The article discusses his involvement with the club, he seemed quite active in the 80's but now he no longer follows us.

Reason being, when the olympic pavilion was to be pulled down the club held a function in the changerooms, Beverly O'Connor, board member at the time was invited and then uninvited as it was just for the old boys.

I think Hunch often over estimates his self importance, I couldn't give a proverbial turd that you no longer support the club. I find the Hunch often champions causes solely on the basis of how much exposure they will generate for himself (Kim Duthie???). Wouldn't be surprised that he started following the Dees so he could rub shoulders with the so called "top end of town".

You started a thread.

Guest 36DD

So why the post? ;)

You responded to it...

are we here for discussion??? believe it or not I would be interested in your thoughts

You responded to it...

are we here for discussion??? believe it or not I would be interested in your thoughts

I responded to it because based on the title I had no idea who it was going to be about, but when I saw the comment you made and I highlighted, I made my response - that was my contribution to the discussion. But to add a little more, Hinch is nothing to me and is probably not worthy of discussion regardless.

Hinchy well and truly marked himself as a lightweight Demon fan with this monumental blunder. What real Melbourne fan would get that wrong?

Agreed - credibility zero all round.

Now if he said he went to the Mountain Spew on the corner of High St Road and Springvale Road Glen Waverley after the match ...

Oh, are they the ones without principles or commandments?

The ones that fail to have the supportive structure in place, to stand up straight beyond the height of their hip pockets?

I'm sure his sudden ditching of us had absolutely nothing to do with his public support for Gutnick shortly before Gutnick lost.

Usually don't mind Hinch but this article is a farce. What's the purpose of it? Is it suddenly newsworthy that he walked away from us five years ago after barely dipping a toe in for the best part of 20 years? Odd thing to write, odd thing to print but I guess papers will put anything online which makes suckers (i.e us) click through and given them advertising revenue.

While I dont wish the current health disposition of Hinch on anyone, I cant think of a media commentator over the 30 years who has been more malicious and self absorbed in the promotion of any topic he has sought to rally. A regular object of parody and forgettable clown in the commercial radio circus. A narcisstic and malevolent character who MFC are better off having no involvement with.

Its ironic he saw Jim Stynes run over the mark at the MCG. It ably demonstrates his lousy grasp of facts and further questions his integrity.

And FWIW, I had heard the Hinch cashed out of MFC long before the old changing room party. Good to see he uses occassions and people once more to pump his own tyres

Agreed - credibility zero all round.

Now if he said he went to the Mountain Spew on the corner of High St Road and Springvale Road Glen Waverley after the match ...

I wasn't even born in '87, but my dad was there and did go to the Spew. We live round the corner from there now, he reckons it's just as bad if not worse than in '87...

It really disappoints me when I hear of supporters who have fallen off the wagon.

We have so few in the greater scheme of things. All those who have a passion for MFC should never let it wane.

All I can say to Hinch is I think the club has been reborn and we now welcome all

except keep the agendas at the door

Didn't the Melbourne rooms demolishing happen in 2003.

I wonder if Beverley O'Connor has felt aggrieved by the situation considering she didn't leave the board till 2008

Also I think it's hypocritical call MFC a boys club when we are the first to appoint a female director.

Finally I reckon we are doing great things as a club recognising Women I look at BCNA affiliation and Field of Women

and the support of Victorian Women's League makes me proud as a supporter.

I often receive comments from female friends that they are impressed by the way we seem to be recognising women's

place in the game.

So Hinch cut us some slack, come back to the club even though I don't like you I'll still want you as a supporter of our great club.

It really disappoints me when I hear of supporters who have fallen off the wagon.

I think youll find this sycophant was never really ON the wagon ;)

The Fairfax media organisation is very much a sinking ship these days. Credibility poor. Unbalanced biased reporting of issues and, at times, obsessively so. Share price plummeting along with circulation figures and its work force. There's no better way to highlight this than by giving a megaphone to a self-indulgent has been who has nothing better to do with himself than to kick his old football club when it's down over an event that happened under a past administration and ignoring the good work being done by the Women of Melbourne and the club's continuing support for cancer awareness.

Some of the many glaring errors in the human headline's little diatribe have already been pointed out above but this letter, published in today's Age cuts deeply into that noxious little piece:-

Facts get in way

DERRYN Hinch (Melbourne Life, 20/6) tells of arriving in Melbourne in 1978 and attending his first football match at Moorabbin. "Mad Dog Muir and Ronnie Andrews went at it like heavyweight boxers," he writes, and recalls Sheeds labelling his opponents as animals. Neither Muir nor Andrews played in the 1978 Moorabbin fixture. Further, Kevin Sheedy became Essendon coach in 1981.

Hinch was also "at the MCG" the day Jim Stynes ran across the mark to cost Melbourne a grand final appearance - this incident occurred at VFL Park. But don't let the facts get in the way of a name-dropping story.

Peter McConnell, Ascot Vale

I think that just about says it all.

IT'S NOW 8.03am but i bet this is posted at 9.04am....WTF

Wouldn't be surprised that he started following the Dees so he could rub shoulders with the so called "top end of town".

No, he says quite clearly in the article it was so he could &*#4 Annette Allison.

I just took myself off the organ donors list after reading that garbage . Mick Gatto said it best (you tube Hunch/Gatto) .Hilarious !!

Some of the many glaring errors in the human headline's little diatribe have already been pointed out above but this letter, published in today's Age cuts deeply into that noxious little piece:-
Hinch was also "at the MCG" the day Jim Stynes ran across the mark to cost Melbourne a grand final appearance - this incident occurred at VFL Park. But don't let the facts get in the way of a name-dropping story.

I think that just about says it all.

It's the name-dropping that got me. He even managed to name drop Pat Cash (or, on unreliable exposed form, Johnny Cash) in his mea culpa when called on his error on Twitter. What a tool.