• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Captain Green

Guest Gotzy15

Yes you protect him if you do not have a clear space to mark as Green did. As I said earlier Green should have called Tom off the ball and there would have been no issue, as Brad had enough space off his own opponent. That is my argument so focus on that and not another part of the sentence, just because your argument is not holding up.

You were talking about Green having some 'right' to go for whatever marks he wants, whether or not there is someone running back with the flight.

He does not have this right - no-one has this right.

And that other part of your sentence is relevant because it is unfair for me to say I have more knowledge about footy because I play it.

I don't.

I have more footy knowledge because the game and I are kindred spirits.

We are one.

It's about as wanky as your "if you played the game" nonsense...

Not surprised there is an uproar.

Can't say anything remotely critical without the place going up in flames.

Both of those situations were to me, and others sitting around me, worrying scenes. Regardless

of what the majority of demonlander's think.

Rpfc is bang on the money. Scully's eyes were Green in that situation and it was him that needed to

call the kid back.

You were talking about Green having some 'right' to go for whatever marks he wants, whether or not there is someone running back with the flight.

He does not have this right - no-one has this right.

And that other part of your sentence is relevant because it is unfair for me to say I have more knowledge about footy because I play it.

I don't.

I have more footy knowledge because the game and I are kindred spirits.

We are one.

It's about as wanky as your "if you played the game" nonsense...

FFS read it properly. I never said Green had the right to 'go for whatever mark he wants', I was saying that the situation called for Green to take the mark, not Scully.

I said that 'nonsense' to see whether or not you had been coached/taught this sort of stuff (if you had played) because if you had, I thought you would be able to understand where I am coming from. And I don't think you do.

I thought Green was ok yesterday but he could have done better in some instances. Kicking for goal was one of them. The other was when Gawn marked at the top of the goal square, Green ran by as an option for an off-load when being tracked in hot pursuit by his opponent.

I know Gawn's 19 and still a kid, but personally I'd back the kid in to kick the goal instead as skipper run past for a cheap goal - that could have well been an embarrassing stuff up.

Just an observation on the kind of leadership we can do without.

Back your teammate Brad.

Yep. And have a look at the replay - Sylvia is there and I suspect he called Scully off.

Yep, that's my reading too. As soon as Green marked it, Scully turned to Sylvia & raised his hand in thanks & Sylvia acknowledged. It's not in Scully's DNA to pull out of situations like that without a good reason.

Where Green is good is that he usually takes the No1 defender (usually a tall) and is good at keeping him away from being "third man up" against Watts & Jurrah & Howe et al.

1) The first goal of the game. A soccer goal in the square thanks to Sylvia's desperation to keep the ball in play.

Green runs off celebrating as if he has kicked one of the goals of the year. Sylvia is about the 5th/6th in line

for a high-five. He should have been the first player Green ran to.

"About 5th/6th"? You're wrong and greatly exaggerating your claim. Green did turn straight back away from goal towards the middle, but after high-fiving the first player he met (Watts) then made sure he hugged Sylvia next. Watch the replay.

Edited by maurie

Yep, that's my reading too. As soon as Green marked it, Scully turned to Sylvia & raised his hand in thanks & Sylvia acknowledged. It's not in Scully's DNA to pull out of situations like that without a good reason.

Where Green is good is that he usually takes the No1 defender (usually a tall) and is good at keeping him away from being "third man up" against Watts & Jurrah & Howe et al.

Yep, exactly what happened.

Sylvia was yapping all day, was a very good low possession game by him, he lead very well.

I wasn't going to, but your post was such a poor cheap shot at a dedicated player down on form this year.

I am sure you were itching to write this last year. If Green has supporters like you then he has no need for enemies.

And I tried to delve deeper in your post but there was nothing there.

Green has struggled with the Captaincy this year and its a tough gig in such a young side but yesterday there were some pleasing signs for him. And good on him. While we have a great future with our youth we need our senior players to stand up each week. Hopefully this kick starts a turnaround.

Rhino you're a sensitive soul.

How ridiculous to say that I have been waiting since last year to post something like this.

Ridiculous indeed.

I have already said I rate Green as a player and the amount of praise he receives from from all

Melbourne supporters is plenty enough. I'm allowed to stress a point about his game that needs improving and

as I have said, baised demonlander's (like yourself) don't have to agree. I thought I would share it because

a number of supporters and myself wathing the game from last week noticed those two moments.

It's something you and other people on this forum have chosen to ignore. For whatever reason.

Beyond Green's efforts for being captain, 5 goals on the weekend, being a Melbourn player blah blah blah...

He is still another leader in our team who doesn't consistently play 'team orientated' footy.

It's something he has to learn and add to his game.

Team footy has never been Green's natural game. Yes he is pretty good most of the time but moments like the

one's I pointed out show that it's not always on his mind. Doing what's best for the team.

I don't care how petty you think the Sylvia scenerio was. Premierships are won and lost when it comes to

this kind of stuff. It's something that shows he is not always thinking 'team' first.

"About 5th/6th"? You're wrong and greatly exaggerating your claim. Green did turn straight back away from goal towards the middle, but after high-fiving the first player he met (Watts) then made sure he hugged Sylvia next. Watch the replay.

Apologies for exaggerating.

He ran off, high-fived Watts and Sylvia had caught up to him to which he turned around to meet him.

Read the above and hopefully it will give you more understanding of what I am trying to get across.

Rhino you're a sensitive soul.

How ridiculous to say that I have been waiting since last year to post something like this.

Ridiculous indeed.

I have already said I rate Green as a player and the amount of praise he receives from from all

Melbourne supporters is plenty enough. I'm allowed to stress a point about his game that needs improving and

as I have said, baised demonlander's (like yourself) don't have to agree. I thought I would share it because

a number of supporters and myself wathing the game from last week noticed those two moments.

It's something you and other people on this forum have chosen to ignore. For whatever reason.

Beyond Green's efforts for being captain, 5 goals on the weekend, being a Melbourn player blah blah blah...

He is still another leader in our team who doesn't consistently play 'team orientated' footy.

It's something he has to learn and add to his game.

Team footy has never been Green's natural game. Yes he is pretty good most of the time but moments like the

one's I pointed out show that it's not always on his mind. Doing what's best for the team.

I don't care how petty you think the Sylvia scenerio was. Premierships are won and lost when it comes to

this kind of stuff. It's something that shows he is not always thinking 'team' first.

Must agree with you Steve, Brad Green still has a lot to learn about Leadership.

His treatment of Matty Bate against the Crows bothered me a lot. (another example)

Must agree with you Steve, Brad Green still has a lot to learn about Leadership.

His treatment of Matty Bate against the Crows bothered me a lot. (another example)

Not the only one WYL. Also his treatment of Newton in the Saints Game early. Newton was under the incoming ball, deep with 2 opponents, Green was slowly backing back into the static pack. I had the perfect side on view. Green was so hesitant, the ball wa getting closer, so Newton made a reactionary decision to go, contested as Green was pushing back. the 2 collided, then green spent a couple of minutes abusing Newton for Greens inadequacy of not being assertive in his attack on the ball. I could see Newton shrinking under the abiuse from his captain.

Wrong again Brad. Wrong in that you didn't go hard at the contest. Wrong that you gave off confusing signals of what you were going to do, andf then wrong to blame someone for your mistake.... And then abuse them for trying to be responsible in a trying circumstance.

There's an arrogance with brad that Junior didn't show. Junior was more like a father figure. Brad appears more like a critical big brother to the young players, more adolescent. He must grow into a father figure quickly.

Not the only one WYL. Also his treatment of Newton in the Saints Game early. Newton was under the incoming ball, deep with 2 opponents, Green was slowly backing back into the static pack. I had the perfect side on view. Green was so hesitant, the ball wa getting closer, so Newton made a reactionary decision to go, contested as Green was pushing back. the 2 collided, then green spent a couple of minutes abusing Newton for Greens inadequacy of not being assertive in his attack on the ball. I could see Newton shrinking under the abiuse from his captain.

Wrong again Brad. Wrong in that you didn't go hard at the contest. Wrong that you gave off confusing signals of what you were going to do, andf then wrong to blame someone for your mistake.... And then abuse them for trying to be responsible in a trying circumstance.

There's an arrogance with brad that Junior didn't show. Junior was more like a father figure. Brad appears more like a critical big brother to the young players, more adolescent. He must grow into a father figure quickly.

I'm glad I am not the only poster that tends to see these thing's.

Where art thou Rhino? What do you have to say about his game yesterday?

STMJ's original post was both right and wrong.

I don't read into his high-fiving/celebration of the Fremantle goal anywhere near as much as STMJ. In fact to me that was a ridiculous call.

However, I do in general regard Green as more of a front-runner than anything. When we're up it's easy for him to look good. When we're down he is not exactly a leader.

And don't ever say "if you played at all" or "if you played the game" because it makes you look like you don't have an argument and you just want to browbeat someone into agreeing to your position.

Couldn't agree more.

From the coach, i agree

"He's been outstanding for the whole year, but over the last couple of weeks he's really grabbed hold of players during the week when they needed a shake and he didn't miss anyone with his views.

"He's been very strong. For him to kick three goals today and lead from the front has been first class."

Don't really agree with the "front-runner" claims. When Richmond were all over us early, it was Green who started putting scoreboard pressure on with our first 2 goals. Neither were gimmes.

Has had his fair share of shockers this year, but is still on track for a 40 goal season.

I think Brad was a better player when he wasn't Captain, he's played a lot better in the last few games but he was good in every game last year. Some players just don't handle the mantle of Captain all that well perhaps he's one.

Struggled for form individually (to say the least) and the team was struggling for form at an obviously psychological level, while he has been captain.

Let's face it, the whacks given to him by supporters early in the year were pretty reasonable.

There's no question that he is starting to show improving form, but we are all entitled to affirm that at our own pace.

For mine, even if some of his possessions and goals have been comparatively 'easy', I'd rather a player who was finding easy possessions than a player who was failing to find easy possessions!

A few touches that go right, a bit of luck here and there, these are the things that rebuild confidence. Green and Jurrah are both beginning to get it back, and we could be a much more potent team if they continue to climb back to being their better selves. So for now I'll be happy about anything that brings them into the game.

Green was on crutches after the Freo game. If anyone saw the Fox before the game coverage from yesterday there was some pre game banter & a white board set up with the massage time table. One quick angle showed Brad getting massaged on his lower leg....anyone notice the bruising around his ankle?

Sure, when they run out on the ground we assume they're 100% fit and ready to go but there's always more going on behind the scenes.

And for what it's worth, I'm feeling a lot of man love between Bails & Brad