• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dear Lloyd and Brereton

wonnabeeri

i thought that was possibly a friend/family member because it was a pretty hyped up response.

its just how all teams would react when opposition clubs and media question the strength of a playing group.

HATERS BE HATING

In all honesty we pretty much did, but I'd rather we really feel the win and celebrate a job well done than like the cats singing their song after today, seriously thought they were going to stop singing half way through so strong was the mumbling.

What did they say?

They both stated that we were over the top in our celebrations. When they saw Watts hugging supporters, they thought we were going overboard and that Green should have pulled us into line.

For all we know, they may have been Wattsy school mates, and not some randoms.

Lloyd is not a bad commentator on football, as long as his scum team is not involved.

They interviewed Bailey not long after on SEN this morning, and his reply was good. Something along the line of "If we play well next week it won't matter, but if we don't, it will be questioned". Not his exact words, but the jist of what his response was.

Guest milpod

lloyd was on par with most soccer teams for his antics,malthouse would probably label that cheating.The way both lloyd and malthouse deliver their derision needs a bit of spit and polish.

At least Dermie prefaces with a positive first,no matter how stinging the blast.When malthouse or lloyd talk about MFC you can feel their hate.When Dermie talked about knowing the Hawks would smash us in the "88 GF,it wasn't spiteful.More insightful.

Yes i heard all that this morning. Couldn't believe it!!!

In 4 years Bails shows some true emotion, FANTASTIC Bring it on Dean-at least we know all the players and coach get on!!

Dive Bomber Lloyd can get stuffed...Pure Sour grapes..

That said, who the hell is going to stop Cloke next week?? He marks everything, & it looks like his kicking Mojo has been repaired.

Big Job.

I'd much rather the boys be excited and enjoy a win, than be like the Geelong boys and take every 4 points like it's just another day at the office.

if anything i thought lloyd would understand the emotions of winning a game like that how easy these commentators forget about their playing days.

how could he not be aware that everyone listening is thiking 'yeah whatever dhead your mob just got flogged, deal with it professionally'

That's the funny part...i don't think he was aware of it. Lloyd's sense of humour is non existent!!

We're easily excited ATM , but thats where we're at .

Be hard pressed to find 2 more full of themselves than Brereton and Lloyd .

It seems like whenever the media is criticizing our game we come out and respond so I welcome what the idiot Lloyd has to say.

Here that Melbourne? The media sledging you again, you guys celebrate too hard.

Leadership group call a team meeting, ask every player if they have come to celebrate or not. Fire up and make a stand

Lloyd has taken special comments to a new level. Now special comments include the details including intensity of hugs and high fives shown post game. FMD. What a halfback flanker !

It may have gone a bit long, bit it was intended given their enjoyment after the win and what it meant.

I will not be one bit surprised that this will be brought up during the week. I'll even name the dipsticks who will bring it up and run with it: Mark Robinson, SEN, AFL360, Footy Classified, On the Couch. Mark my words. It is that obvious.

Lloyd was probably one of the oddballs talking about how "good" it was to see the Bombers players celebrate like mad after drawing their NAB cup match.

FWIW I think the celebrations were, sort of, juvenile.

What I would have liked to see was Green call them all together at the end, to remind them that this was just the start, they will be judged on next week etc, etc, and to then say 'go and enjoy the moment'. Instead, at the siren it was as if they'd won a major award/whatever; sure it has been a tough week, but as Bailey apparently said, play well next week and this week's celebrations won't matter; play poorly and watch out.

This team continues to play as if leaderless, and un-coached. This week, essendon were down, and our guys just played natural, instinctive footy. For mine the difference this week was having players who were prepared to run: Howe, Evans & Nicholson in particular because they are new and just played their natural game and ran, ran, ran and got involved. Add Trengove (who I thought was great) and Scully and we're up and about.

But, IMO we are still leaderless, and basically uncoached.

Why the hell didn't Bailey or Green show leadership (they were both on the ground at the siren) and call the group together. Massive opportunity lost. Massive.

But James Hird high fiving some idiot in the crowd is an iconic moment but this is terrible?

He's a shambles doing special comments on Essendon games. Nearly blew an o-ring frantically apologising for then in Q3 last night.

Still, would rather listen to him than Luke Darcy or Dwayne Russell.

The media build this game up, talk about it in such a way that the very fabric of the club is at stake and then criticise us for reacting accordingly when we win?

These guys are idiots.

Again, give me Nasher, Rogue, 45, HT, AoB, akum, H, nutbean, DC, and many others over these fork-and-spoon journalists when critiquing the Dees...

Edited by rpfc

But James Hird high fiving some idiot in the crowd is an iconic moment but this is terrible?

It was a hug, it was a random, and it was only a goal.

The ballerina gets lauded and we get derision.

Idiots.