WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JACK VINEY

einstein251

Let's put a little perspective into all of this... Tim Harrington's number one priority is to act in the best interests of the MFC. Picking up Viney with pick 26 (or whatever our 2nd round pick ends up being) is by far and away one of his main priorities. In order to do that, the perception needs to be that we will overlook Viney with pick 3. We have to be strong in our public convictions to give ourselves every chance to make this happen.

If Gold Coast nominate Jack with their pick 2, the scenario clearly changes. It is then in our best interests to secure Jack with the #3 pick. Plain and simple. He means more to us from a cultural, membership, marketing, sales, future F/S perspective than picking up a Toumpas or O'Rourke (no disrespect intended to those boys..).

It has been a long time coming, but I will sit/stand proudly as a passionate MFC member when GC nominate Jack with pick 2 and we come over the top and claim him as our own. GO DEES!!!!

• Like 6

For anyone worried about whether Jack is worth Pick 3 - if he is taken there it is because another club saw him as the best or second best kid in the draft...

(I won't see it like that, but you can see it like that.)

Oh, and that's how the club will spin it if it eventuates.

Edited by rpfc

Even if we get Viney at 3 and Hrovat at 4, we stil get two outstanding young midfielders.

We then still have pick 13 to use for the best young tall forward available.

Hrovat is a Toby Greene type who is a high possession winner and great runner who gets to a lot of contests and uses the ball well.

We have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Some people on DL are just over optimistic sometimes.

We ll have to decide between Viney or Toumpas

I'm am so far from an optimist when it comes to this club it isn't funny mate. It does seem like we're doing a good job at making them believe though.

In the end we will use pick 3 because we're a loser club. It's that simple in my eyes. Is that optimistic enough for you?

• Like 1

So because we are melbourne supporters we know that the club is trying to pull the wool over GCs eyes, but the people in charge at GC are oblivious to it and will believe everything we are saying and be frightened off.... :wacko:

As has been said above, Its attempt to get him in the second round but in reality its take him with pick 3 and move on.

Even if we get Viney at 3 and Hrovat at 4, we stil get two outstanding young midfielders.

Hrovat is a Toby Greene type who is a high possession winner and great runner who gets to a lot of contests and uses the ball well.

The biggest problem in your scenario is taking Hrovat with pick 4.

Wow.

This is all huff and puff.

GWS AND GC will not bid for Viney unless they really want him.

The AFL and the clubs are extremely professional and not only want to, but have to succeed in order to be viable.

Bidding on Viney just to spite us or make us use a lower pick is amateurish at the best.

It has never happened before and history won't be made in this instance.

If anyone thinks that they will bid for him just to spite us, then please tell me why a club would be willing

to risk making a bad decision just for the sake of a childish gesture.

• Like 2

http://www.heraldsun...t-1226488220436

feeling confident again

Basically saying they rate him between 2-6 or 7

Meaning his a 1 in 5 chance or so of being bidded for.

Media are probably hounding GC about this also, though I think that they will be sensible and pass.

They will want pick #2 to allow for flexibility in trading period also. What if they are able to trade in some more mids and run dry on ruck for example. They will lose the flexibility to go and draft Grundy instead of a mid ect

Edited by olisik

I did hear that although I truly believe we are just saying that as to make it look like we won't be panicked into making a decision. We are calling their bluff however if it does come down to it we will select Viney. Simple as that, GC are bluffing us and we are bluffing them right back.

Are you trying to Bluff me? No, just bluffing!

Red%20Bluff%202006-04-08%20.jpg

Who's will, fold like a house of cards?

house-of-cards-falling-down.jpg

For those that dont quite get it yet.... Theres a game being played out.

Every team is trying to get the best deals.the best players etc. Its like chess.

Its all a bit like chine'e checkers to me :wacko: I'll be glad when it's all dunn, & he's dusted. :blink:

By the way, who would we have to trade to GCS, that may interest them? B)

Boy Monday is going to be interesting lol

Can someone shed some light on the actual process on Monday?

Who bids first?

Do GC say we want him at 2, your move melbourne!

Or if they say pass and pass, then we say round 2, can GWS/GC come back and say actually no, we want him!

Who goes first? Is it 1,2,3 process.. or simply just a round table discussion?

Thanks in advance

Who bids first?

Or if they say pass and pass, then we say round 2, can GWS/GC come back and say actually no, we want him!

Thanks in advance

Pretty sure its the way you said it without the possibility for them to come back and say on seconds thoughts we will have him

so GC can either bid or not bid their First round then its our call.

Who bids first?

Thanks in advance

One bid per club interested, depending on what pick they bid with, we must match it with next best or pass.

Who bids first?

Thanks in advance

GWS bid first and if a team matches, they can then bid for another or they can pass, then GC has the same opportunity, then we do, then WB do, etc.

In theory - all F/S could be bid for by GWS if all are matched by the respective clubs.

• Like 1

yes mate we all know that. It's been covered. What we are talking about is getting THREE instead of TWO. Three is better than 2.

I don't see what the issue is. Tom Scully is not worth pick 4 or 13, so we got overs. Now we probably have to pay overs for Viney.

Let me put it this way, what would you rather:

Scenario A: Pick 3, Tom Scully & Pick 24 (P24 because our compo picks wouldn't exist)

OR.

Scenario B: Viney, Pick 4, Pick 13 & pick 26

Don't get me wrong would love for GWS & GC to pass, but in the grand scheme of things I think we are doing ok.

• Like 2