You probably didn't notice this...

DeeGee

I was at the footy tonight. When it was announced Brock was subbed off , the Carlton faithful cheered as one. It was just after a goal so probably wasn't shown on tv.

I had to chuckle.

It was a great game!

Game was played at a frantic pace. Mclean looked slower than ever.

I honestly thought he would be decent for Carlton when fit. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though. B)

I was at the footy tonight. When it was announced Brock was subbed off , the Carlton faithful cheered as one. It was just after a goal so probably wasn't shown on tv.

I had to chuckle.

Had the radio on in the car during half time tonight and Lloyd had him in his bottom 5. Said he looked "panicked" when he had the ball but I suppose this might be expected to some extent coming in to play against the best team in the comp and not having played at this level for a long time? Still, wouldn't want to loose his ball use ability because this was one aspect of his game that was pretty good.

I don't wish bad things upon Brock...just Carlton generally.

Guest milpod

Nothing I despise more then carlton or essendon scum.Watching either squirm,loose or fail brings immense joy to my life.

Tonight was superb viewing.Watching their angst,sublime.Watching the Tiges smash the other arrogant pricks tomorrow night will near make my weekend.Oh a Dees win wouldn't hurt either.

I pray I never see either successful for the remainder of my life,ever being my preferred option.

Had the radio on in the car during half time tonight and Lloyd had him in his bottom 5. Said he looked "panicked" when he had the ball but I suppose this might be expected to some extent coming in to play against the best team in the comp and not having played at this level for a long time? Still, wouldn't want to loose his ball use ability because this was one aspect of his game that was pretty good.

I don't wish bad things upon Brock...just Carlton generally.

The way he looked leaving the field, it looked like he's bodies gone. I wish him good luck.

Best friend and life long Carlton supporter sent me this text tonight "f- you, Colgate (aka McLean) is sh*t, I want a refund". Had to laugh.

As much as I loved Brock when he played for us, and I really did, we absolutely lucked out on that trade.

Malthouse and Lloyd didn't exactly give positives. Malthouse in particular referred to Brock noticably being VFL pace. They repeatedly said he looks a bit slow, particularly when he over stepped the mark and gave 50m to Bartel who goaled. I then watched the delay telecast. Ratten pulled the right move in subbing him. Robinson provided more of a contest. McAvaney mentioned that Carlton "gave up a lot for him"(Brock) - this would have made Carlton supporters cringe and Dee supporters smirk. Well timed Bruce.

Carlton have pace everywhere, they're a very quick side, fleet footed. Brock stood out like a sore thumb.

Gee Brock has fallen by the wayside, ey?? :)

Thanks for young Jordie Gysberts, Carltank! Pick 11 traded for our "next captain"??? Bahahaha you ripper.

Classic example of selling at the perfect time but you really have to wonder what is going on to restrict his progression as he constantly shows he is a class above VFL

did we sell though or did we just end up on the lucky end of a Carlton blunder? Either way, we ended up with the Gys basically for free

Jordan Gysberts no refunds

Edited by Curry & Beer

Not sure that Brock leaving Melbourne was engineered by us.

My memory was that Brock wanted to leave due to the writing on the wall and requesting a trade. Carlton were then silly enough to offer up pick 11 and for that we should be eternally grateful.

By the way blues supporters can't be angered by that trade as whatever dud deal they did with us they screwed the lions even worse with Fev.

Was at the game last night and I thought Brock was pretty good around stoppages, just couldnt get near it when in transition.

Edited by Demon Premonition

Nothing I despise more then carlton or essendon scum.Watching either squirm,loose or fail brings immense joy to my life.

Tonight was superb viewing.Watching their angst,sublime.Watching the Tiges smash the other arrogant pricks tomorrow night will near make my weekend.Oh a Dees win wouldn't hurt either.

I pray I never see either successful for the remainder of my life,ever being my preferred option.

Milpod you had better stay on your knees

The blues and dons are light years ahead of us.

You have an awful lot of wins by those two to endure.

Like it or not IMO either of them will win a flag before the Dees.

The only up side I can see is if The Blues keep winning Ratten will stay as coach.

That might give us a better chance of getting Malthouse.

Though why he would want to take a pay cut to coach a bottom half side I do not know.

Another bagging Brock thread.

I hope he can find a yard and get it together, he's clearly worked very hard to get in best physical shape so its sad to see him struggle.

Why people feel the need to start these threads is beyond me.

One thing I believe is Carlton poached a very good coach of ours in Ratten.

did we sell though or did we just end up on the lucky end of a Carlton blunder? Either way, we ended up with the Gys basically for free

Jordan Gysberts no refunds

Definitely the latter.

And I'm definitely happy about it!

Another bagging Brock thread.

I hope he can find a yard and get it together, he's clearly worked very hard to get in best physical shape so its sad to see him struggle.

Why people feel the need to start these threads is beyond me.

One thing I believe is Carlton poached a very good coach of ours in Ratten.

Ratten went elsewhere (bush) before he went to Carlton.

Guest Artie Bucco

Did anyone else notice he has been demoted from number 7 to 14? I have never seen that before.

Clearly somebody else wanted number 7 and Brock didn't really care.

Fair enough.

Those saying it was Brock's decision to leave and we just lucked out, surely he saw the writing on the wall... that the club wrote.

I think it was more of a mutual decision than many believe.

It's a funny thing, I remember with both Bruce and Mclean, I was staunchly in the 'stick by them, they can still come good' camp. (As with Jamar, Dunn, Bartram, and Watts)

But, the moment Mclean was gone, and even the moment Bruce left, I was happy in a way. Relieved might be the best word. Relieved that I didn't have to invest all that emotional effort into believing in them.

I hope Brock keeps stomping along and makes himself a useful career as a high-endurance 'get to contest after contest' kind of player, though that will rely on hi oy holding up. But you wouldn't now expect him to ever become the gun we thought we were getting, back around '06.

Bruce and Mclean were two of our most potent players on that day, back in that Elim Final win over St Kilda. Now they would both be unmitigated list cloggers if they were still with us.