'Scully talks'

Samsara

How ? It would take a great deal in return.

Won't happen.

Yes good point. I agree it won't happen but hypothtically if he wanted to play hardball he has "the going to GWS card" and if played we would get 2 draft picks. But as we would have just found out the draft is a gamble and besides we don't want to have to wait for another 2 youngsters to come on, the ones we've got are taking long enough.

As noted above GWS, if they finish bottom could also do a deal with Richmond as could Port or Brisbance if they get the spoon, so forcing him into the draft might mean we get nothing if another club could get a deal done with the tiges (giving him another ace up his sleeve). So in a scenario he was adamant he wanted out a deal with Richmond might be a better bet for the dees, depending on who they put up.

Any way crazy talk and again i agree won't happen. Perhaps i should give myself a two week demonland ban for trade related craziness. I claim sudafed as a defence!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still pushing this one, that he will go to Richmond because he barracked for them as a Kid? How many good players, who will get a regular game and are guaranteed a great contract, move to a club because they supported it as a Kid? None.

And what would GWS gain by trading him? If they have access to him, why would they then move him on? So what will Richmond give to GWS for him? I remember a while ago you were convinced that it was a done deal - Scully to Richmond, Martin to GWS, you still think this will happen? It's the most ridiculous thing that I have read on the internet, and I've looked at some pretty strange sites.

You still think the world is flat.

How many top draftees play hide the contract when one is being offered. If he was keen, he would make it obvious instead of pretending to hold us to Ransom.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Any way crazy talk and again i agree won't happen. Perhaps i should give myself a two week demonland ban for trade related craziness. I claim sudafed as a defence!

I admire the effort but you are only going to give yourself a headache trying to second guess all of this. What will happen will happen and there isn't a thing we (the supporters) can do about it apart from cheer loudly whenever we can.

Not for a GWS swap it won't.

IF, you were the Tiges, what would you offer the GWS for the ontrade of a 'Scully'?

Perhaps a couple of mature bodied players to add to their strength/maturity,,, + A top 10 pick + a 2nd rnd pick???

If they got him they'd have the best Midfield in town in 2 Years. Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Scully, Polo, Conca, ++++...

Guest Artie Bucco

The gold coast had the ability to recruit players and ontrade them. IMO, a player like that would not want to go somewhere just for money. IMO, the way I read him, he seems to me a serious and loyal type, but to his Idealist heart strings. I imagine that he'll either try to get Home to where his heart is, or stay with Us.

Where did you hear this??!

This is completely wrong in regards to Scully.

It only applies to players that are not on an AFL list - those in the VFL, SANFL, WAFL and those who have not been registered with any league for a period of years.

Blokes like Cam Richardson, Peter Faulks, Krakouer and Ceglar.

IF, you were the Tiges, what would you offer the GWS for the ontrade of a 'Scully'?

Perhaps a couple of mature bodied players to add to their strength/maturity,,, + A top 10 pick + a 2nd rnd pick???

If they got him they'd have the best Midfield in town in 2 Years. Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Scully, Polo, Conca, ++++...

How about Angus Graham and a first-round pick?

Honestly I've now resigned myself to him going at the end of the year simply in an attempt to avoid the disappointment if it happens. Watching all the other players commit to their clubs makes it all the more difficult. What will be will be, although I admit him going to the Tigers would add that extra bit of sting.

I have no idea if the Scully/Richmond thing would or could work. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist. However it was explained to me by a friend who works at triple M, that Collingwood had a plan to go after him if any of swan/Pendlebury/Thomas were intent on leaving. I believe all have now signed, so this theory is now mute. But could it have worked?? It made some sense so I'll pass it on and let you all shoot it down in a blaze of blind fury. It was explained to me using Swan as the example, so I'll go with that.

Collingwood know that swan has degenerative knee problem, so they trade him to GWS for a first round draft pick and hold MFC to ransom by saying "take this pick for Scully or he will walk for nothing". At that point if MFC refused to trade, Scully (through his greedy management) would nominate for the draft and put a price that only collingwood were prepared to pay. Sound familiar?? Correct. Same situation as they used to land Luke ball. Luke Ball says $550,000 per year, then after one year says "I think I'll take a pay cut to help everyone squeeze into the salary cap", and Collingwood get their man.

Again, this is just a theory from someone who said this was a plan 'the filth' were hatching if any of their big stars wanted out.

I have no idea if the Scully/Richmond thing would or could work. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist. However it was explained to me by a friend who works at triple M, that Collingwood had a plan to go after him if any of swan/Pendlebury/Thomas were intent on leaving. I believe all have now signed, so this theory is now mute. But could it have worked?? It made some sense so I'll pass it on and let you all shoot it down in a blaze of blind fury. It was explained to me using Swan as the example, so I'll go with that.

Collingwood know that swan has degenerative knee problem, so they trade him to GWS for a first round draft pick and hold MFC to ransom by saying "take this pick for Scully or he will walk for nothing". At that point if MFC refused to trade, Scully (through his greedy management) would nominate for the draft and put a price that only collingwood were prepared to pay. Sound familiar?? Correct. Same situation as they used to land Luke ball. Luke Ball says $550,000 per year, then after one year says "I think I'll take a pay cut to help everyone squeeze into the salary cap", and Collingwood get their man.

Again, this is just a theory from someone who said this was a plan 'the filth' were hatching if any of their big stars wanted out.

A plan we will all have to get used to in the coming years...

Honestly I've now resigned myself to him going at the end of the year simply in an attempt to avoid the disappointment if it happens.

That's pretty much why every other Dees supporter who thinks he is gone, has that view.

Be brave, he'll stay. We keep our best players.

I just assume he'll go. GWS can see what we're building and that old [censored] Sheedy would love nothing more than hurting us. I think Scully is one of the main targets and the offer will be to big to refuse. Hopefully I'm wrong but if I'm not it won't be the end of the world. Ablett left Geelong and they haven't dropped a game.

What a waste of a thread. 9 pages of dribble about a topic that no one knows what is REALLY going on.

What will be will be and no amount of debate will change that.

GO DEES.

What a waste of a thread. 9 pages of dribble about a topic that no one knows what is REALLY going on.

What will be will be and no amount of debate will change that.

GO DEES.

Bollocks. There is some quality stuff in those 9 pages.

My mail, from a few people at Croc Media (I know...), is that they are chasing him hard but that he tells them the same as what he tells us - I'm not talking about this at the moment.

I want us, as Melbourne supporters, to get to a place where we are genuinely suprised and devastated by good young talent leaving.

I don't like this 'optimistic pessimist' idea of 'I will assume the worst so that whatever happens I won't be dissappointed/devastated.'

We will never be a big club if we don't think like one.

You gotta fake it 'till you make it.

For a start I dont think Scully will go to GWS as I said before on this thread. Now I am just amazed at the people here who dont think GWS being able to take Scully is fair. Well its not fair BUT its the rules folks, and how many of you wanted and enthused about tanking to get him. That was just the rules too.

If he goes what did barracking against the mighty DEES get you? Humble pie? I doubt it, but I will say it again so you all cant accuse me of wanting him to go. I dont want him to go and I also dont think he will.

MAYBE what goes round comes round!

Tom Scully will wear number 31 for the MFC next year 2012.

I cannot believe that Tom would lie to Jim Stynes face.

"Well if the time did come and it hasn't ... I mean I'd have to look into it and I'll leave all that stuff to my management and the club to sort out"

Guest Thomo

That's pretty much why every other Dees supporter who thinks he is gone, has that view.

Healy, Jolly, Farmer, Thompson. Not a lot, but four very good players.

Healy, Jolly, Farmer, Thompson. Not a lot, but four very good players.

The "we keep our best players" was a sort-of 'clarion call' than a statement of fact.

As in - "This is the era we keep our all the players we wish to keep as the MFC is a strong, united club."

Guest Thomo

The "we keep our best players" was a sort-of 'clarion call' than a statement of fact.

As in - "This is the era we keep our all the players we wish to keep as the MFC is a strong, united club."

Makes no sense. We don't always keep our best players. Is it supposed to be like that book the Secret - if you wish it, it will come true?

Did you actually mean "we haven't always kept our best players in the past, and we are currently well behind most other clubs in what we can offer players, but based on no facts whatsoever, I'm sure that in the future this will change and we will always keep our best players, because everyone will love us, again for no logical reason, except Melbourne is the team that I support". If so, just write that.

Sometimes for too long ;) !!!

Makes no sense. We don't always keep our best players. Is it supposed to be like that book the Secret - if you wish it, it will come true?

Did you actually mean "we haven't always kept our best players in the past, and we are currently well behind most other clubs in what we can offer players, but based on no facts whatsoever, I'm sure that in the future this will change and we will always keep our best players, because everyone will love us, again for no logical reason, except Melbourne is the team that I support". If so, just write that.

How exactly are we "well behind other clubs in what we can offer players"?