'Scully talks'

Samsara

We should also visit the notion that as much does Melbourne owe Scully due consideration to his view, that Scully/Velocity also should respect the position of Melbourne. Personally I dont see this much.

We have no idea about what is gong on between Scully and the club.....

If you want to think the the worst of Tom & his management that is your right & I understand the suspicion.

But to say there is no respect for Melbourne here is nonsensical, because we simply don't know.

But I guess that is the frustration B) !!!

Edited by QueenC

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, you're right.

Giving away my lack of attention to scripture here...

Not wrong, I thought you were talking about Moses.

Was good in the wet, walked out on Egypt who was coached by Yul Brunner. Went to captain Israel who were a new franchise coached by Gary Ablett Snr.

The first team to have strict Dietary controls (Manna) and the game plan utilised the centre corridor. Preffered to go through through the Red Sea rather than stuff around the flanks.

Later became president of the American Rifle Association.

Not wrong, I thought you were talking about Moses.

Was good in the wet, walked out on Egypt who was coached by Yul Brunner. Went to captain Israel who were a new franchise coached by Gary Ablett Snr.

The first team to have strict Dietary controls (Manna) and the game plan utilised the centre corridor. Preffered to go through through the Red Sea rather than stuff around the flanks.

Later became president of the American Rifle Association.

Had a problem with temper. Promised alot but never lasted in the job to actually see it through.

Had a problem with temper. Promised alot but never lasted in the job to actually see it through.

Aslo a pioneer in altitude training, had a meeting with Gary at the top of a mountain where the new game plan was revealed. I'll stop now, I find it hard to take this thread seriously anymore.

Guest bonjohn

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-president-jim-stynes-urges-gun-midfielder-tom-scully-to-come-clean/story-e6frf9jf-1226055848465

Still doesn't say much, apart from Stynes urging Scully to be honest with the club, to which he continues to maintain that he has not been approached.

He will stay,or at least he will not be headed to gws.Why?i know they can get a player from every list,but money is an issue.If GWS are not gathering around a bevy of young players at other clubs i would be in shock,they have gone passed Scully.If Scully remains on GWS top 5 wish list- god help them.

Everyone's suggesting Scully sign a 1yr deal, I'd hate that. Seriously. I'd rather he bloody went this season than have another year of speculation hang around.

Not everyone Striker. Not everyone. In fact most aren't.

Guest Thomo

you mean rest on Sundays don't you?

Much like Bater or Juice

Think that was his old man. JC made a comback in a Sunday game.

Not everyone Striker. Not everyone. In fact most aren't.

Seemed like it from a skim. Anyway, there was a great call on Footy Classified last night - Pendlebury should become a player-manager when he retires. He's taken a fantastic deal option, with the one-year extension meaning he can take a tilt at possibly a third flag (or certainly a second) next season while still getting the GWS offers at the end of the year.

End of next year a whole chunk of Collingwood's senior brigade start to seriously get on in age IIRC.

Aslo a pioneer in altitude training, had a meeting with Gary at the top of a mountain where the new game plan was revealed. I'll stop now, I find it hard to take this thread seriously anymore.

Good while it lasted though!

Voltaire: "Huh?"

I don't see how you can believe he has disrepected the club but embrace him as a footballer.

You are putting the non-signing squarely on his shoulders, so I don't see how you can turn around and hug him.

Your 'beef' would be staring you, literally, in the face...

There you have it folks.. he cant grasp differing arguments. He must lump everything into the one pot.

These are differeings aspects to his being at Melbourne. That youre incpable of grapsing this does indeed go a long way to illustrating your inablil=ty to understanding others viewpoints.

His fellow team -mates wil lhappily play with him. They arent the ones negotiating his remaining a Demon.

I remember when my home-room teacher got up in front of class and gave us a spiel about how if we didn't do 3-4 hours homework a night we would fail.

A couple of the students took what she said as gospel, we used to call them "nerds". Some of those kids are now doing very well for themselves, they followed instructions.

I believe that Tom's management have told him to play this a certain way.

In summation Tom Scully is a "nerd"

There you have it folks.. he cant grasp differing arguments. He must lump everything into the one pot.

These are differeings aspects to his being at Melbourne. That youre incpable of grapsing this does indeed go a long way to illustrating your inablil=ty to understanding others viewpoints.

His fellow team -mates wil lhappily play with him. They arent the ones negotiating his remaining a Demon.

Leave the passive aggressiveness at the door, hmm?

I'm not talking about the players.

I'm talking about you.

How can have such a low opinion of Tom but be completely forgiving if he happens to be wearing a red and blue jumper?

its kind of funny how so much of the arguments seem based on his greed.. This goes to teh idea he isnt worth a rather large amount of the folding stuff.. I, for one have never suggested he isnt.

Its the idea that he needs to wait till seasons end to sign ...is. He plainly doesnt need to in order to still land his winfall. THIS..is the argument..

Its not about greed. Its about showing your desire to play for Melbourne as an ongoing concern.

That was the whole idea

its kind of funny how so much of the arguments seem based on his greed.. This goes to teh idea he isnt worth a rather large amount of the folding stuff.. I, for one have never suggested he isnt.

Its the idea that he needs to wait till seasons end to sign ...is. He plainly doesnt need to in order to still land his winfall. THIS..is the argument..

Its not about greed. Its about showing your desire to play for Melbourne as an ongoing concern.

So Tom not reading the market well is the issue? That he won't get more in his contract at seasons end than he will now, so he should just re-sign now and not waste his time?

Maybe signing contracts later will become the norm? Especially in the era of free agency?

Cameron Bruce was signed in March of 2007 for the years of 2008, 2009, and 2010. Was that too early from our perspective? Did we leave it too late with Bruce last year?

Are clubs the only ones allowed to make these judgements, or our players also allowed to wait?

I think you are over reacting BB. As i have mentioned nuimerous times before, this will be Tom's first real contract he signs, and it is also crucial to him that he waits for the AFLPA to work out the ongoing terms.

So i think Tom is well within his rights to wait...Personally i am not losing sleep over his negotiations as you seem to be.

Remember he is not a criminal...he just wants to sign a solid contract.

Leave the passive aggressiveness at the door, hmm?

I'm not talking about the players.

I'm talking about you.

How can have such a low opinion of Tom but be completely forgiving if he happens to be wearing a red and blue jumper?

Are you really so supersillious or just prattling for the sake of seeing your words in print.

There are TWO issue here..count them ..one...two.. have I lost you yet.

They are NOT connected...but you want them to be in order to push your barrow. Many others here on this forum are quite capable of seeing through this ploy. Youre wastiing your breath and fingers pursuing this line of rhetoric.

Shove your PA comments right where they fit.. You love to usurp others standpoint with such vague demonstations of inferred superiority.. Heres a wake up.. Youre not fooiling me..nor many others

Think of it this way.. I might like Fords... but not like a particualr Dealer. Would that stop me driving a Foird ? No.. would I want to deal with the outlet that annoys me..NO.

Do I have a problem with Scully playing for Melbbourne ? No

Do I have a problemn with him askiing for a lot of money for he thinks he's worht it ? No

Do I condone the stance taken by his management and therefore him ? No

oops that's 3 things.. probably way over you by now :rolleyes:

Again your want is to lump in all into one pot as your argument can only hold water ( in a fashion ) that way. The structure of the situation is significantly different.

Others understand this... maybe one day you wil to.

So Tom not reading the market well is the issue? That he won't get more in his contract at seasons end than he will now, so he should just re-sign now and not waste his time?

Maybe signing contracts later will become the norm? Especially in the era of free agency?

Cameron Bruce was signed in March of 2007 for the years of 2008, 2009, and 2010. Was that too early from our perspective? Did we leave it too late with Bruce last year?

Are clubs the only ones allowed to make these judgements, or our players also allowed to wait?

I agree it is part of the new landscape.

Rather have it that way than what happens in RL

Then Scully would announce he is off next year but play out the rest of 2011 with the MFC.

How bad would that feel.

get used to players waiting till the death knock that is the future.

I remember when my home-room teacher got up in front of class and gave us a spiel about how if we didn't do 3-4 hours homework a night we would fail.

A couple of the students took what she said as gospel, we used to call them "nerds". Some of those kids are now doing very well for themselves, they followed instructions.

I believe that Tom's management have told him to play this a certain way.

In summation Tom Scully is a "nerd"

This is about the most sensible post I've read on the TS issue. I think you've summed up his personality pretty well. We already know that he has done everything by the book from a very young age when it comes to his football. This is just a further expression of the same trait. Very nicely put.

Are you really so supersillious or just prattling for the sake of seeing your words in print.

There are TWO issue here..count them ..one...two.. have I lost you yet.

They are NOT connected...but you want them to be in order to push your barrow. Many others here on this forum are quite capable of seeing through this ploy. Youre wastiing your breath and fingers pursuing this line of rhetoric.

Shove your PA comments right where they fit.. You love to usurp others standpoint with such vague demonstations of inferred superiority.. Heres a wake up.. Youre not fooiling me..nor many others

Think of it this way.. I might like Fords... but not like a particualr Dealer. Would that stop me driving a Foird ? No.. would I want to deal with the outlet that annoys me..NO.

Do I have a problem with Scully playing for Melbbourne ? No

Do I have a problemn with him askiing for a lot of money for he thinks he's worht it ? No

Do I condone the stance taken by his management and therefore him ? No

oops that's 3 things.. probably way over you by now :rolleyes:

Again your want is to lump in all into one pot as your argument can only hold water ( in a fashion ) that way. The structure of the situation is significantly different.

Others understand this... maybe one day you wil to.

Ugh.

I have been nice enough and given you plenty of posts to make sense of it.

I think you have failed.

Others can decide for themselves.

I agree it is part of the new landscape.

Rather have it that way than what happens in RL

Then Scully would announce he is off next year but play out the rest of 2011 with the MFC.

How bad would that feel.

get used to players waiting till the death knock that is the future.

In the context of TS, I'm not sure FA has any bearing...

Are there not conditions upon a players minimum time at the club? IE <=7 years and the player is not eligible?