North @ Etihad

Arrow

Unsure if any D'landers went to the game at Etihad last year but I was at the worst ground in Australia for it, my public ticket getting me a lovely spot in level 3 about 25 rows back for 35$ however, the bigger problem that day was us!

We got torn a new one by a midfield of Swallow and Harvey, Sam Wright played well for them off the top of my head and we were killed down forward by their backline consisting of McMahon and Firrito.

It was one of the worst games I've ever watched us play, and even worse I hate Brad Scott so much. If he mentions North Melbourne are better than us once more i'll lose it.

Of the last 32 quarters against them, we've led at the end of one of the- last year up by two points at 3/4 time.

We havent beaten them or won at Etiard Stadium for at least 8 or 9 games

This is an opportunity to show the fans that we have improved

It is a very important game for us

I want to see Tapscott clean up Harvey so hard he doesnt get up

Guest Gotzy15

Its really hard to have a good feeling about this one. Poor records against both North and at etihad stadium is definitely conspiring against us. I was at both the north games last year and i would have them up there with the west coast game for how frustrating it was to watch us get completely outplayed and outclassed by lets be honest a pretty average opposition. If we cant rip North a new one we should be ashamed of ourselves. I too hope tappy and beamer absolutely clean up some of those frickin annoying North players like harvey,swallow, mcmahon, thomas and they never ever get up.

Its really hard to have a good feeling about this one. Poor records against both North and at etihad stadium is definitely conspiring against us. I was at both the north games last year and i would have them up there with the west coast game for how frustrating it was to watch us get completely outplayed and outclassed by lets be honest a pretty average opposition. If we cant rip North a new one we should be ashamed of ourselves. I too hope tappy and beamer absolutely clean up some of those frickin annoying North players like harvey,swallow, mcmahon, thomas and they never ever get up.

only thing that makes me feel good is how terribly North are playing. The Roos are in deep, deep trouble both on and off the field right now.

Unsure if any D'landers went to the game at Etihad last year but I was at the worst ground in Australia for it, my public ticket getting me a lovely spot in level 3 about 25 rows back for 35$

If there's reserved seating on Level 3 it's $38-ish for a Level 3 'premium' ticket in the front six rows/on the wing in the front half. However, that far back it's either general admission at $23.95 or a reserved seat at the gen. adm. price. Just sayin'.

Anyone know whats seats are general admission at Etihad? Im a 17-game member but the match-day information on the MFC website doesn't specify where you can sit. I've only ever been to Etihad once and we had reserved tickets.

Does anyone else feel that we finally have a great match up for that pest Harvey in Bail. I think he has the speed and endurance and most importantly strength to make Harvey's day a difficult one.

What concerns me most is our absolute inability to beat a press at Etihad, the smaller ground only heightens the crap we dished up against West Coast.

Massive game for Tapscott to break the lines with his penetrating foot,

Edited by Demon Premonition

Anyone know whats seats are general admission at Etihad? Im a 17-game member but the match-day information on the MFC website doesn't specify where you can sit. I've only ever been to Etihad once and we had reserved tickets.

basically in the clouds (top tier)

I remember the game last year at Etihad. I flew down from Qld to watch it as I thought it was out best chance of victory - how wrong I was!

In the return match in Round 22, we showed that we can beat them. The biggest positive out of that match is the fact that Cam Bruce is no longer on our list.

With that in mind, I'm tipping a 26 point turnaround on that result (based on Bruce not playing for us this week), so think we should win by 3 goals or so.

Edited by billy2803

Level 4 at the G is fantastic. It's ten times better than the [censored] ass "stadium" in Etihad. You can to get up off your seat to see the boundary line.

only thing that makes me feel good is how terribly North are playing. The Roos are in deep, deep trouble both on and off the field right now.

I know North's form looks terrible on paper, but have they really been that bad? So far they have:

- Lost games to Freo and WCE in Perth (very close to beating the Eagles)

- Beaten convincingly by Collingwood and Geelong

- Lost a close game to Richmond (backing up from a Sunday twilight game in Perth the week before)

- Smashed Port Adelaide by ten goals

Looking at those results, the only game that I would expect us to perform any better in is the Richmond one, and even that would be a pretty good win at the moment.

I expect the Roos to make a mini run up the ladder at some stage as their draw can only get better. Will be pretty happy if we get four points out of this one, especially given the double hoodoo. Hope the boys show the same level of intensity over four quarters as last week.

Edited by Deemolition

Level 4 at the G is fantastic. It's ten times better than the [censored] ass "stadium" in Etihad. You can to get up off your seat to see the boundary line.

You don't have to do so at the front of level 3. My comparison with level 4 of the 'G was the height - you're far closer on level 3 of Etihad (as you would imagine, given the different in stadium capacity).

Our backs are against the wall for this game

The afl is against us we have suffered key injuries

Now I read that Brad Scott is pot shooting us saying

We will truly experience the rigors they have been through their

Season so far. Well I for one am sick of this Norf inferiority complex

How about they go and get there own identity instead of riding on

Our coattails. To the players of MFC with injuries and suspensions

Norf now reckon were easy beats. I want you guys to go out and hit

Them so hard their own mothers are concussed. Show Norf up for the irrelevance they

Are. Show the afl that we wont be held back we won't be dictated to

Were not gonna let Pencil, Russian, Trenners, Fitzy down by allowing

Anyone to use our injuries and injustices as an excuse for loosing.

Stand up show them that red and blue is proud, bold and exciting.

So after Saturday every heart heart beats true.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

I don't know what I hate more, North Melbourne or Eat-your-hat stadium............... Or Brad (look at me, all I do is whinge) Scott

I'd love to pump them by 10 goals and shut a few pie holes from a irrelevant club. Maybe I'm dreaming

Does anyone else feel that we finally have a great match up for that pest Harvey in Bail. I think he has the speed and endurance and most importantly strength to make Harvey's day a difficult one.

What concerns me most is our absolute inability to beat a press at Etihad, the smaller ground only heightens the crap we dished up against West Coast.

Massive game for Tapscott to break the lines with his penetrating foot,

Possibly.

If we can somehow slow down Boomer, it'll be a very close game.

However if he gets on top, it's game over.

I must say I am a little worried about this game. Double hoodoo, makes my skin crawl thinking about even potentially losing to them this time round. I hope our players adopt some sort of seige mentality, go out there breathing fire, and knock North into the middle of next week.

As a slight aside, does it $h!t anyone else that a current coach of an AFL club (B Scott) has a job in the media (AFL Insider) and is therefore smack bang in the centre of a conflict of interest? He makes comments everywhere you bl@@dy look as if he is the top coach in the league. I have no problem with coaches contributing to an article where asked, but surely it shouldn't be allowed for a coach to occupy a position on an AFL sanctioned TV show.

No Jamar, Trengove or Grimes, what's not to like?

But seriously, can't help but feel nervous about this game. We're facing our bogey side AND stadium this week (and we'll be back there next week) and without three key players this will be a hard task. However we can take many positives out of our game last week.

Campbell played half a game for Casey seniors last week, not sure how he went and his fitness wouldn't be the best but surely he's an outside chance to come in? Possibly swap with Martin if he was to come in too? Newton from what I've rea seems to have been playing consistenly down at Casey too.

Trengove being out will hurtt though, he's been in great form this year and was fantastic last week, could have even bagged a couple of Joe the gooses last week. Tough to cover his loss.