Moderators

Ryan Dee

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I alone in thinking I'd love to hear less about Nathan Jones tweeting his legion of followers, and more about him playing better and more consistent footy?

Surfs up, you dig your chick, the chicken pasta you just ate was just heaven. That's nice mate. Get a kick!

Fair point that you make -however as a member of the leadership group he is probably the most consistent along with Beamer this year.At least he is trying his heart out and furthermore I enjoy his twits, etc..

Edited by jayceebee31

I agree with Mr Morton that Jones' tweet is rubbish. The sentiment of it is fine, but it's a bad look for the club, its immature coming from a leader and quite frankly I'd be surprised if someone who could write something that inarticulate would actually know anything about the slain figure. Its just populist crap.

Edited by goodoil

Disagree. The Rev was elite.

King Jnr was CHF in the Team of the Millennium ...

B: Truman Churchill Napoleon

HB: Einstein © Jesus Gorbachev

C: Obama Mandela Dalai Lama

HF: Freud King Jnr (VC) JFK

F: Gandhi Lincoln DeVinci

Foll: Buddha Confucius Shakespeare

Int: Socrates Ceasar Guevara GenghisKhan (sub)

Coach: Barrassi

I'm trying to understand this BS of people stressing themselves over Jones et al and their use of Twitter. They are by far not alone and even if they were, who gives a toss. We jump up and down, screaming and berating if they do anything at all untoward (how dare he get drunk) because we want them to be as good as choirboys, and then we berate them for not being tough enough. We make them into the celebrities they are by writing on forums like this, buying guernseys with their numbers on them and seeking out signatures, and then we berate them for joining a social networking site along with half the bloody population of the world their age (famous or not). We take away their ability to lead a normal life, at least let them tweet little nothings to their friends and followers. They are human beings after all, or would you prefer we locked them up in the bowels of the MCG and only allowed them to see sunshine to train and play. Such mindless tripe.

Mght I also add that the club seems to support the players use of Twitter due to the link to players and staffs tweets on the website. So maybe you should direct you disgust at the club for encouraging the players to be so mindless.

I'm trying to understand this BS of people stressing themselves over Jones et al and their use of Twitter. They are by far not alone and even if they were, who gives a toss. We jump up and down, screaming and berating if they do anything at all untoward (how dare he get drunk) because we want them to be as good as choirboys, and then we berate them for not being tough enough. We make them into the celebrities they are by writing on forums like this, buying guernseys with their numbers on them and seeking out signatures, and then we berate them for joining a social networking site along with half the bloody population of the world their age (famous or not). We take away their ability to lead a normal life, at least let them tweet little nothings to their friends and followers. They are human beings after all, or would you prefer we locked them up in the bowels of the MCG and only allowed them to see sunshine to train and play. Such mindless tripe.

Kento ... there's tweeting and then there's .... www.nathanjones.com.au

Seriously.

What an interchange Bench!!!! Julius Ceaser as a perfect impact player 10 minutes into each Quarter.

I still say the '89 Victorian Side would beat it though!!!! :lol:

Team needs more Nietzsche.

Bob Dylan as the Team Runner.....Very Good at conveying messages to players.

No Whelan?

Rubbish outfit.

Kento ... there's tweeting and then there's .... www.nathanjones.com.au

Seriously.

Well mate, some of you guys seem to think of the players as if they are to not exist other than entertain you on the G. I for one (and judging by the followers they have on there, I'm not alone) like that I am able to know a bit more about them. I enjoy getting to see the tweets from Jonesy about the odd surf that he has. When I am lucky enough to get to Melbourne for a game, I like to go to a function after the game, and talk to them because I see them as more than just my onfield entertainer. And I'll bet that a large amount of people on here go to these functions too and try to speak to the players. Why do we always have to build them up, and then just chop them down. He hasn't gone out, got [censored] and hit his missus, he's tweeted that OBL should rot in hell, which is a pretty widely supported sentiment. And for some to suggest that the way he wrote it shows that he obviously doesn't know much about it is just damn elitist and self righteous. Get over yourselves, they are kids in their mid twenties enjoying life. And he is by a country mile one of millions of sportspeople with their own website. If you don't like it, ignore it.

I agree with you Kento, I was going to right a similar post.

While I dont agree with Jonesy and I found the few AMericans celebrating his death the way they did very offputting, to have a go at people for their tweets and webpages and telling them to just go and get a kick is out of line too.

They are young men who play a game, do they not have the right to do what others do. They are doing exactly the same thing as many people, whether they are famous or not.

To imply, directly or not, that using Twitter is causing them to not play well cos Port and us have a lot of players doing it is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Get off your high horses and let them express themselves however they want.

I too want them to play better and give me somthing to cheer about but having a go at them for this reason is very amusing.

I really cannot believe what I am seeing here. Jones is a young guy who like most of us (yes us oldies as well), likes to get involved in the social media. Yes he's a footballer... so what??!! He is a person who, again like the rest of us, has opinions and likes to on occasion express them. It does NOT affect his footballing ability, it does not affect any of you, and it does not affect me. He has celebrity to Dees supporters, yes... but the 99.999% of the twittersphere, he is just another person with an opinion. Big deal!! Mr Morton, I suggest you hurry and find yourself a life.

I want to see Nath Jones playing footy to the best of his ability.... not talk 140 charachters on a man who dealt in death and who is now himself dead.

Exactly. Like I said in the thread about Green appearing on a footy show, Jones should be training 24/7, barring the hospital and school visits. Taking a minute or two out of the day to tweet? A DISGRACE.

Exactly. Like I said in the thread about Green appearing on a footy show, Jones should be training 24/7, barring the hospital and school visits. Taking a minute or two out of the day to tweet? A DISGRACE.

Absolutely. In fact, Nathan didn't just tweet once today, but four times. That must be like, three whole minutes he spent doing this. And that's just today! If he did this every day for a week it would add up to nearly half an hour of his life. Sheesh, no wonder West Coast smashed us.

I really cannot believe what I am seeing here. Jones is a young guy who like most of us (yes us oldies as well), likes to get involved in the social media. Yes he's a footballer... so what??!! He is a person who, again like the rest of us, has opinions and likes to on occasion express them. It does NOT affect his footballing ability, it does not affect any of you, and it does not affect me. He has celebrity to Dees supporters, yes... but the 99.999% of the twittersphere, he is just another person with an opinion. Big deal!! Mr Morton, I suggest you hurry and find yourself a life.

He plays a game that draws big crowds that are considered terror targets, and we have our bags checked now! We don't want to be patted down as well...

And we don't want to inflame any sensative issues with any religious people. Didnity and respect mate. He wouldn't want anymore than that for his dad, from those Pie ferals.

Guest 36DD

Well mate, some of you guys seem to think of the players as if they are to not exist other than entertain you on the G. I for one (and judging by the followers they have on there, I'm not alone) like that I am able to know a bit more about them. I enjoy getting to see the tweets from Jonesy about the odd surf that he has. When I am lucky enough to get to Melbourne for a game, I like to go to a function after the game, and talk to them because I see them as more than just my onfield entertainer. And I'll bet that a large amount of people on here go to these functions too and try to speak to the players. Why do we always have to build them up, and then just chop them down. He hasn't gone out, got [censored] and hit his missus, he's tweeted that OBL should rot in hell, which is a pretty widely supported sentiment. And for some to suggest that the way he wrote it shows that he obviously doesn't know much about it is just damn elitist and self righteous. Get over yourselves, they are kids in their mid twenties enjoying life. And he is by a country mile one of millions of sportspeople with their own website. If you don't like it, ignore it.

I dont talk to them as I would feel that they would just want to be left alone, maybe with all this twitter business that is the opposite of what they are looking for. i for one feel that twitter is incredibly self indulgent.

I really cannot believe what I am seeing here.

I was going to add "me neither", but on reflection, given some of what's been written over the last few days, it's hard to be surprised any more.

Jonesy is good value, both on and off the field, and I'm another that enjoys his tweets. And just to add, some of what he's done, for example in opening himself up in writing about Auzzie's dad's funeral .... Respect.

And we don't want to inflame any sensative issues with any religious people. Didnity and respect mate.

I can't believe what I'm reading. So precious and so naive.

Bad Taste to the extreme. We condemn futile deaths (which by the way the USA have caused more than any other sovereign nation) then we celebrate the death of another human being. The world is a sick place at the moment. Interesting that the 'War on terror' has worsened the threat of militant Islam and made the Christians more righteous and blood thirsty than ever before. The images from times Square reflect a sad time in Human History. Those who rejoice in the death of another need to look closely at their own self. The words of Martin Luther King ring true.

Bin Laden a human being?

Am I alone in thinking I'd love to hear less about Nathan Jones tweeting his legion of followers, and more about him playing better and more consistent footy?

Surfs up, you dig your chick, the chicken pasta you just ate was just heaven. That's nice mate. Get a kick!

Best thing you've written Range Rover. Pisser