Ins and Outs Vs Crows

DemonOX

In Warnock, Pettard, Maric and Bate

OUT Davey, Bennell, Dunn and Rivers

Just to shake it up a bit start with Jamar as FF with Maric and Jurrah along side him. Put Stef Martin in the ruck. See how that works for a bit. Cant do any worse than we did last week.

Thoughts?????

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to shake it up a bit start with Jamar as FF with Maric and Jurrah along side him. Put Stef Martin in the ruck. See how that works for a bit. Cant do any worse than we did last week.

Thoughts?????

Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

Agree though, with Petterd and Bate in, Dunn and Bennell out.

Edited by Barry Dawson

Lets try and be a bit positive, I know its hard but we have to.

Let's try to be a bit realistic, I know it's hard, but we have to.

Thursday night saw the majority of our players try their guts out with a dead game plan. Changing the players will achieve little in the face of that.

Let's try to be a bit realistic, I know it's hard, but we have to.

Thursday night saw the majority of our players try their guts out with a dead game plan. Changing the players will achieve little in the face of that.

Cant hurt to try Barry. Its better than sitting on your hands!

Cant hurt to try Barry. Its better than sitting on your hands!

Fluffing around with a couple of player changes is 'sitting on your hands'.

If you want to extract the digit - change the game plan. If the coach isn't happy with that - change the coach.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm glad you're hurting though - I am too.

Out: Dunn, Gysberts & Wona

In: Maric, Petterd & Warnock

Put in some blokes that have to fight tooth and nail to get a game who knows they might appreciate it and actually put some Frickin effort in.

On that argument, how does Morton get a game?

Bate has to come in on todays performance. For all his faults, he is one player who can present a target all day for us, and usually uses it well when he gets it.

Fluffing around with a couple of player changes is 'sitting on your hands'.

If you want to extract the digit - change the game plan. If the coach isn't happy with that - change the coach.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm glad you're hurting though - I am too.

Clearly the coach is not going to change this week and neither is the game plan have to try something. Just something.

Thoughts?????

Davey and Rivers out?

Petterd must come in. Bring in Petterd. Go Ricky Go.

Bate has to come in on todays performance. For all his faults, he is one player who can present a target all day for us, and usually uses it well when he gets it.

Would drop Morton way before I'd drop Gysberts. Gys had a typical young bloke's night on Thursday - needs game time.

On that note, let's put Lucas Cook in the team. Enough "he'll be right in 3 years bulltish". If we're going to sell the "get games into them" story, let's get games into him. We desperately need a marking forward. Even if he starts off dropping those marks!

After watching Casey today (and yes, I know it was against Frankston):-

OUT: Wonna, Frawley, Gysberts, Dunn

IN: Warnock, Petterd, Maric, Howe/Bate

Howe is a real shot in the dark but looked ready to play at AFL level and surely he couldn't be any worse than many from last week.

My four outs were 4 of the 6-7 worst players from WCE game, who have given little in past month.

Also, I know my opinions about Frawley needing some Casey time are outweighed by some serious man-love for him from many Demonlanders, but his form versus the Lions and WCE cost us goals and showed a lack of polish and intent.

Edited by Maldonboy38

I knew I was forgetting someone. I'll cop Morton for Gysberts.

If Dunn is selected this week Bailey is on the take.

He was starting to show something last year, and starting to develop a role as a defensive forward who could snag goals, including from outside 50. Seems to have gone backwards this year, unfortunately. I guess the other night he only had limited game time as the sub, but still didn't shine when he was given a run.

I'd suggest no change.

Bailey puts it onto the playing group (from Thursday's fiasco) to redeem themselves. Bailey should also let them know that if players, that underperformed against WC, are again crap Vs Adelaide that they will be dropped for a month (at least) and having to sweat blood to get back in the side.

For all his faults, he is one player who can present a target all day for us, and usually uses it well when he gets it.

He won't get it, or come close or stick a tackle or chase or.......

Remember they only played Franston today.

I'd suggest no change.

Bailey puts it onto the playing group (from Thursday's fiasco) to redeem themselves. Bailey should also let them know that if players, that underperformed against WC, are again crap Vs Adelaide that they will be dropped for a month (at least) and having to sweat blood to get back in the side.

Leaders have to go to make a statment.

Rivers and Davey

After watching Casey today (and yes, I know it was against Frankston):-

OUT: Wonna, Frawley, Gysberts, Dunn

IN: Warnock, Petterd, Maric, Howe/Bate

Howe is a real shot in the dark but looked ready to play at AFL level and surely he couldn't be any worse than many from last week.

My four outs were 4 of the 6-7 worst players from WCE game, who have given little in past month.

Also, I know my opinions about Frawley needing some Casey time are outweighed by some serious man-love for him from many Demonlanders, but his form versus the Lions and WCE cost us goals and showed a lack of polish and intent.

I now have to recant my strong position on Frawley because I realised one glaring ommission. Morton MUST be dropped - his effort was really weak, and this saves Frawley from amuch deserved rest.

Yes lets pick Bater. The QE2 from redland that can't jump higher than his own ankles. Massive step forward for the MFC

He played well today and deserves a spot before Morton, Dunn, Wona, bennel,and even our Captain at the minute. That will not happen of course.

By the way that was a massive step forward on thursday for the incumbants.

Edited by old dee

He played well today and deserves a spot before Morton, Dunn, Wona, bennel,and even our Captain at the minute. That will not happen of course.

By the way that was a massive step forward on thursday for the incumbants.

Green should be dropped...How else is he going to Fire up? i know it's not what he wanted at all, but he was just plain awful last thursday night.

Bate, In for Dunn.

Dunn has given bugger all this year and needs to go back to Casey and also have a shave.

Bate look very strong and lively today and kicked very straight. We need he's big body across half forward.

Nicholson was outstanding today for Casey and demands a game at the expense of Gysberts who's output last game was limited with only 9 posi's for 3/4's before being subbed.

Maric in for Wona.

Maric was good in pre-season and was dangerous today, deserves another crack. Wona just isn't doing enough and perhaps needs to get a lot fitter and start kicking some bags at Casey to get more confidence.

Pettard in for Bennell.

Pettard is in our best 22 and if he isnt marking, creates a contest to bring the ball to the ground.

I like Bennell, but he isnt racking up enough stats. For the type of player he is, he should be getting more than 11 touches. It's not good enough. He needs to be racking up 20+ each week.

Watching the Adelaide vs. St Kilda game tonight unfortunately due to being bed bound, and it appears very obvious that it doesn't matter who plays next week, if we don't pick up our tackling and intensity we'll get smashed.

Adelaide are all over St Kilda like a fat kid on a packet of chips. They are relentless in their attack of the ball and pressuring the ball carrier, not to mention that they are dominating the clearances and their tall forwards are getting great service from their midfielders. I smell a thrashing :(