THE COACH

ickey_11

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest watts04

west coast our have no more talent than us yet they play with intensity and hardness

dees have had 3 years under bailey and post game he says we r goin back to basics

oh dear and bye bye dean

our attitude and intensity at the start of games is deplorable and thats the coach

We can all winge and complain about the coach, but we're forgetting one thing: This is Melbourne.

This is the club that kept the most consistently inconsistent coach in Neale Daniher for 4 years too long. My dad has been following this club since the 60s, and he just can't see the club hiring anyone as high profile as Roos or Malthouse. It's not the club's style.

It is the next morning, and I'm not as blatantly furious. But I'm probably more disappointed...and just more sick of it.

We were actually supposed to be better than this. The club told the supporters to expect better than this.

Off to cop the abuse of my friends for being so blatantly one-eyed...

We can all winge and complain about the coach, but we're forgetting one thing: This is Melbourne.

This is the club that kept the most consistently inconsistent coach in Neale Daniher for 4 years too long. My dad has been following this club since the 60s, and he just can't see the club hiring anyone as high profile as Roos or Malthouse. It's not the club's style.

Cudi ND did one thing that has only been done twice in 46 years

He got us into a Grand Final.

As to the clubs style

Well it is time to change as the existing style has produced zero premierships since 1964.

Cudi ND did one thing that has only been done twice in 46 years

He got us into a Grand Final.

As to the clubs style

Well it is time to change as the existing style has produced zero premierships since 1964.

I wonder if ND could have taken us the next step if we had AMII park back then. Makes you think.

Alarm Bells must be ringing. They were for me during the pre-season. We just don't look well coached - sloppy, no structure, lack of drills.

Dean Bailey should be brought up to the board and explain why he should be the senior coach.

I wonder if ND could have taken us the next step if we had AMII park back then. Makes you think.

Alarm Bells must be ringing. They were for me during the pre-season. We just don't look well coached - sloppy, no structure, lack of drills.

Dean Bailey should be brought up to the board and explain why he should be the senior coach.

Jimma said himself how disappointed he was after the Hawthorn game. That was worse last night. If the board don't act somehow in the next week I'll be very surprised.

I don't think sacking Bailey right now is going to solve anything. Don't like the idea of a caretaker coach for 18 rounds and there's zero chance of signing a Quality coach right now.

I've been a big Bailey fan around here and as was mentioned earlier his list management during our rebuild has been excellent. I was happy to see him get his extention last year because I thought he deserved a chance to prove himself as a match day coach capable of delivering a premiership. To be fair to Dean I thought he needed till at least mid season this year before we could make a reasonable judgement and as far as I'm concerned nothings changed.

I fully understand the anger around here right now but I don't think we'd gain anything by sacking Bailey instantly. Might not hurt to start considering possible options but I still think Dean's got maybe 6 weeks to turn it around

Thats the problem with supporters of Bailey, even when it is laid out in front of you as it was last night you will keep making excuses

we dont need aquality coach right now the seasons gone anyway based on last nights performence

Its bloody obvious that the way things are we are currently going no where!

Even if the criticism here sparks a response from the players next week it isnt going to change the overall outcome for our season

Note this game dont forget it, It is a watershed game and how the club responds will determine our future. To me that Future is not with Bailey and there is no way he should be coaching next year, that is a committment all supporters should be given right now!

Thats the problem with supporters of Bailey, even when it is laid out in front of you as it was last night you will keep making excuses

we dont need aquality coach right now the seasons gone anyway based on last nights performence

Its bloody obvious that the way things are we are currently going no where!

Even if the criticism here sparks a response from the players next week it isnt going to change the overall outcome for our season

Note this game dont forget it, It is a watershed game and how the club responds will determine our future. To me that Future is not with Bailey and there is no way he should be coaching next year, that is a committment all supporters should be given right now!

We won't be given that assurance. Too much instability.

And even so, going through another season of this crap is too hard on my stress levels.

Also, the Deesgrace article in the Hun shows to me that he's out of ideas...IIRC he said the same after the Hawthorn game and we dished up the same crap 1st Qtr vs Brisbane

Edited by Striker475

I have finally conceded! Bailey has to go and it would be better to do it sooner rather than later.

I'm now over him and looking ahead to who might take over the reins next.Do you think MFC might put in Todd Viney as a caretaker coach and then start fielding candidates?

I was willing to defend Bailey until tonight. I want to wait until at least mid-season to make a final call but not sure if I can hold out that long. If this game was a one off you could forgive it but every game this season has been unconvincing and lacking in intensity especially in the first quarters. The next two games against Adelaide and North will be more telling than tonight I think though because I was always expecting at least a 4 goal loss tonight given they beat us at home last year when we had been in some form (but obviously expected a better showing than that poor display!)

Edited by Ascobar

Bailey really is gone now. Would take an absolute miracle to save himself and the season from here. We are playing a dated game plan style. Most Observers are likening it to geelong 2007. Dean its 2011 now. We are in the season now. Its too late to change your plans now. As if he had a plan B anyways. Thanks for nothing! NEXT!

I think Baileys only mistake was to think that Green was capable of stepping into Juniors shoes on a night like last. Junior would have rallied the troops and provided some spine to a frazzled team...

Not a sacking offense.

The most damning thing is seeing two clubs that finished below us last year rejig their games styles, and make rapid improvement (West Coast and Essendon).

Half time stat of 13 - 0 tackles inside 50 is laughable in football today.............Aaron Davey would get at least 1 a quarter when Daniher was coaching!!!!!!!!

Edited by Real Demon

The most damning thing is seeing two clubs that finished below us last year rejig their games styles, and make rapid improvement (West Coast and Essendon).

Half time stat of 13 - 0 tackles inside 50 is laughable in football today.............Aaron Davey would get at least 1 a quarter when Daniher was coaching!!!!!!!!

Is that tackles inside our 50?

It's hard to tackle people inside your fifty when you cant get it in there to start with but yes I agree It is laughable.

We just look like a team that has no idea whats going on. We constantly crap ourselves when we get the ball and turn it over. We're a team with no structure, no heart, no intensity, no pressure...

How can we have quarters of football like the Hawks 3rd qtr and the Brisbane 1st qtr, West Coast 1st qtr. I mean cmon Brisbane and West Coast were bottom 4 last year and they embarrassed us.

Edited by J-Riv

I'm not convinced he's been great as a list manager at all. Will agree that he made some hard culling calls, but we have so many small players. Poor old Jamar was simply overwhelmed and our foward line ex Watts are bloody midgets. Cook and Co. miles off, Martin gentle enough to tap dance on a cake without dinting it.

he probably meant he handled the tanking very well

he probably meant he handled the tanking very well

This is one other point that does need defending though - we do have talls, but they're not ready. Gawn, Spencer, Howe & Cook are all in the 2nds/3rds because they need time, which I do understand.

Doesn't forgive last night. I think we need to target the correct areas. His list management has been very good so far, but the tactical side of his game is awful.

we do have talls, but they're not ready. Gawn, Spencer, Howe & Cook are all in the 2nds/3rds because they need time ...

Melb needed to get everything right in order to win a flag when it embarked on its rebuild in 2008. The 2008 draft is looking like a nightmare considering we went into the draft in a better position than any other club and last year we had the opportunity to draft Darling at pick 12. Cook may end up a nice player, but we took a project player when Darling is a plug and play gun who will only get better. I kept reading on here that he's not tall enough, that he's only 191cms and my response was that if he's good enough he's tall enough. Guess what ?

When I was growing up we used to be [censored] because of zones. Hawthorn had a great one and we had a [censored] one. Now we need to rely on the draft as well as player development.

The club needs to start making the right moves.

The club needs to start making the right moves.

The first right move is to replace Dean Bailey with someone who can actually inspire the players. Immediately. Todd Viney would seem the logical interim replacement. The second is right move is to set about now finding the best possible replacement to coach this club from 2012 onwards. For mine, they should be ready to move heaven and hell in an attempt to get Mick Malthouse to coach this footy club.

Third move ... a serious review of our recruiting department to find out why we keep selecting the wrong type of player.

Why Jack Darling wasn't selected at no.12 by us, given our obvious forward line deficiencies, is a sackable offense IMO.

The first right move is to replace Dean Bailey with someone who can actually inspire the players. Immediately. Todd Viney would seem the logical interim replacement. The second is right move is to set about now finding the best possible replacement to coach this club from 2012 onwards. For mine, they should be ready to move heaven and hell in an attempt to get Mick Malthouse to coach this footy club.

Third move ... a serious review of our recruiting department to find out why we keep selecting the wrong type of player.

Why Jack Darling wasn't selected at no.12 by us, given our obvious forward line deficiencies, is a sackable offense IMO.

Spot on.

I may have an answer on JD. It was mentioned during the night by a commentator that JD was a "troubled" or he was a "troublesome youth" (not the exact words) and that the has come leaps and bounds in his personal side. I recall MFC want to stay clear of that stuff regardless of talent. Hence Sidebottom & Beams..

Spot on.

I may have an answer on JD. It was mentioned during the night by a commentator that JD was a "troubled" or he was a "troublesome youth" (not the exact words) and that the has come leaps and bounds in his personal side. I recall MFC want to stay clear of that stuff regardless of talent. Hence Sidebottom & Beams..

somewhat akin to Cutting off ones nose to spite the face..:rolleyes: