Well Done, Beamer!!

Vagg

I was thrilled to see Beamer turn it on at the Gabba yesterday. 23 touches to half time was a clear message that he wanted to atone for his stuff up and subsequent removal from the leadership group.

Who knows? Maybe it could turn out to be a turning point in his career, and we see him take that next step to being a truly elite player. I, for one, would love to see that!

(One commentator on radio suggested maybe he should have a night out on the town more often! LOL)

Anyway, it was so pleasing to see him respond the way he did.

Well done, Champ!

Very ture Vagg, although I think he had already taken that next step to being a potential elite (Fk i hate that word) player in the first few rounds. He just kept going the way he already had, and it was awesome to watch.

The improvement of Beamer (and Jones) was noted early last year as a reason for our improvement during the first five rounds of 2010. Great to see that Beamer has continued that form and arguably improved in his role this year.

However, I don't think the same could be said of Jones at this stage which is frustrating. I also thinks Sylvia is going through the motions a little bit and think this is a reason for our sloppy start to the year - a lack of application and polish from all the experienced players on our list.

It would be great to see a collective improvement from this group after the bye.

Edited by Ascobar

Agree about Sylvia, while he does still show flashes, but not enough. Jones on the other hand is a curious one. For me he has been quite solid, for some reason I feel the good he does often gets overlooked and I'm not sure why. That said I agree that the senior players need to step up. Unfortunatley our demoted VC is leading by example much more than the actual Captain. I just hope it is teething problems and he returns to form soon.

The improvement of Beamer (and Jones) was noted early last year as a reason for our improvement during the first five rounds of 2010. Great to see that Beamer has continued that form and arguably improved in his role this year.

However, I don't think the same could be said of Jones at this stage which is frustrating. I also thinks Sylvia is going through the motions a little bit and think this is a reason for our sloppy start to the year - a lack of application and polish from all the experienced players on our list.

It would be great to see a collective improvement from this group after the bye.

Sylvia had over 30 touches.

He didn't appear happy with his application after a couple of misses, and let off some steam when he finally nailed a goal from handpass from Grimes. Hard to read, but I was a little surprised he ran straight back to the centre after celebrating himself - no time to thank Grimes or anyone ? I thought that was a little peculiar.

He didn't appear happy with his application after a couple of misses, and let off some steam when he finally nailed a goal from handpass from Grimes. Hard to read, but I was a little surprised he ran straight back to the centre after celebrating himself - no time to thank Grimes or anyone ? I thought that was a little peculiar.

Possibly because we were killing them and there was no need to keep high fiveing each other.

Possibly because we were killing them and there was no need to keep high fiveing each other.

Maybe I did read too much into it. It was very late, and they did look to want more and get on with it I suppose.

Regarding Moloney. If he does everything right over the next several weeks and goes about things as professionally as he ever has, I hope they re-instate his VC'y before the Queens Birthday weekend.

Just in the zone I thought.

Prefer that to some of the OTT posing that goes on...

Beamer's been our BOG 3 out of the last 4 weeks, big effort

Agreed, and so does the Herald Sun. He's leading their player of the year award with 15 votes,

or 3 BOG's. He was tagged from memory in the forgettable Hawks game.

So for mine talk of him playing out of his skin to prove a point this week gives short shrift to his overall output levels this year. He'd be a clear leader in our B&F right now...

Agree about Sylvia, while he does still show flashes, but not enough. Jones on the other hand is a curious one. For me he has been quite solid, for some reason I feel the good he does often gets overlooked and I'm not sure why. That said I agree that the senior players need to step up. Unfortunatley our demoted VC is leading by example much more than the actual Captain. I just hope it is teething problems and he returns to form soon.

I think we'll be in trouble if Jones is still in our best 22 in 2-3 years. Just needs to take the first option instead of trying to be Gary Ablett.

He had 3 nice kicks all day.

Beamer has indeed stood up this year. The way he rebounded yesterday was excellent.

Regardless of what has happened off field, Beamer has had a sensational year on field thus far.

He is so important to us as well, being one of the only big bodies we have left in the middle of the ground. Good to see him respond and not drop his head, that's true leadership right there.

Interesting to note that this morning on SEN Patrick Smith gave his "Goose of the Week" to the Melbourne Football Club for it's public humiliation of Moloney last week.

People just do not understand....This punishment handed out to Beamer may be the best thing to happen in his career, & it could be the Best decision the club has made in the last 40 years.

This decision has raised the bar within the club. & it has also given Beamer the incentive to get what is rightfully his back.

Beamer could have played two ways yesterday, someone who doesn't really care or someone who really does want this club to succeed with him in it leading the way. Thankfully it was the latter.

Patrick it is you who are the Goose, as i think the MFC has pulled a magnificent move here. Brent Moloney is now a driven man. Let's hope his energy reaches the whole team. B)

Interesting to note that this morning on SEN Patrick Smith gave his "Goose of the Week" to the Melbourne Football Club for it's public humiliation of Moloney last week.

People just do not understand....This punishment handed out to Beamer may be the best thing to happen in his career, & it could be the Best decision the club has made in the last 40 years.

This decision has raised the bar within the club. & it has also given Beamer the incentive to get what is rightfully his back.

Beamer could have played two ways yesterday, someone who doesn't really care or someone who really does want this club to succeed with him in it leading the way. Thankfully it was the latter.

Patrick it is you who are the Goose, as i think the MFC has pulled a magnificent move here. Brent Moloney is now a driven man. Let's hope his energy reaches the whole team. B)

Absolutely! Well said!

Beamers Rise started last year with his synergy with the Russians hitouts, and their understanding.. Hurt one and you'll hurt both.

Beamers Rise started last year with his synergy with the Russians hitouts, and their understanding.. Hurt one and you'll hurt both.

That could well be true, but i was talking about what Patrick Smith said on K B's show on SEN.

That could well be true, but i was talking about what Patrick Smith said on K B's show on SEN.

I agree with you as well.

I think the club has handled the situation well. Embarassing for Beamer, and his actions have hurt himself, but he seems the type to blame himself fot his own actions, that's the 'old Fashioned way'... he's cut from ol' wood.

He continues his great hard headed improvement as our prime extractor.

I knew Moloney would have a great game. But for his performance on Monday morning, he is a true leader and he is MFC to the core.

I hope he's elevated into the leadership group (and reclaims the VC gig) asap.

That is exactly why the MFC did what it did, and why the Media really have no idea.

Beamer could become an AFL elite player through this circumstance.

I have noticed that more often then not he seems to want to just get on with the job after kicking a goal. Generally with his trademark strut with the guns on show.