Changes for next week.

Gorgoroth

I'm changing my changes.

I'm going to play the same side, make Bennell the sub, play Maric and Jetta on the ball. Play Watts deep forward and tell the midfielders to kick it to him all day. With Morton, Wonaeamirri and Scully all due back soon give the spots to those who perform this week.

I don't mind that Idea of Bennell as Sub: instead of dropping him outright. But I think he has to be Out of the starting 21.

I really want to see some hardness and midfield class, come into the side, so I'd like to see Wonna and also Gysberts get a start this week.

I hope Morton comes through the Casey side.

Newton in for the Half Forwardline.

Rotate him and Martin from the forward pocket, between Jamar's rests.

Jamar was smashed at the start of the 3rd Qtr by Jones, both went down and slow to get up.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bennell idea interesting.

Think you have to show a little faith and give them three weeks to see who's up to it.

If Garland ok maybe only the Gys for someone.

Bennell idea interesting.

Think you have to show a little faith and give them three weeks to see who's up to it.

If Garland ok maybe only the Gys for someone.

Show faith as long as the player shows committment, heart. If not, its a breaking of the code we should adopt. No halfassed efforts. There should be no excuse for Pea stuff.

In - Gysberts, Wonna

Out - Jetta, Maric - Nathan Jones as sub.

Hopefully Garland is ok.

Simply, I think Gysberts and Wonna can offer more than Jetta and Maric. Gysberts should get a chance in the middle against Black etc, even some time. Jones can play as a sub. IMO there is more to be gained by exposing Gysberts in there.

Wonna's form is good and his defensive side is needed across the forward line, not to mention his foot skills. He looked in great nick 3 weeks ago.

Gysberts for Jones

Newton for Martin (I hate Newton but surely he offers more than Martin, especially with the new sub rule)

Wonna for Jetta

Newton?

So that's why you're called the Clanger King. :wacko:

Wonna for Jetta is a good call though. Although Wonna is never fully fit is he.

Not condoning Pea stuff Dee-luded, but believe reasonable opportunity should be afforded as it already has been for Newton IMO. Wouldn't consider him seriously simply on the back of one five goal haul.

In Newton, MacDonald, Gysberts.

Out Jetta, Watts and Garland if injured.

Maric needs another go. Pump the ball down forward like we should and he will deliver.

Edited by america de cali

Alot of people on here are "counting their chickens before they've hatched" in regards to our next two games. YES we SHOULD win but we still have to pay the Lions and the Suns the respect on the field and not completely underestimate them otherwise we could be in for a rude shock.

How many times has Melbourne broken your hearts in the past by losing games that we all assumed they would win?

We don't need to try anything too drastic or miraculous with this weeks changes, we (like all weeks) need to field our strongest side (or best matched side) possible against the Lions and treat the game as if we were playing Collingwood. Because we damn well need this win and it CERTAINLY isn't already "penciled in."

Not condoning Pea stuff Dee-luded, but believe reasonable opportunity should be afforded as it already has been for Newton IMO. Wouldn't consider him seriously simply on the back of one five goal haul.

5 kicked and about 5 created/given off.

Guest DeesPower

OUT: Jones, Maric, (Garland if injured)

IN: Gysberts, Wonaeamirri, (Macdonald)

We need Jetta's speed, despite how bad he was today.

I'd say OUT: Jetta. Maric

IN: Gysberts. Wonna

If Grimes is out I would consider replacing him with Tom MacDonald, not Joel. I think TM has shown great promise so far at Casey and pre-season, and he will be around in 3-4 years time. I'm not sure Joel will be and if it is about getting games into the kids, then it in my view is time.

Dockett 32, on 04 April 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

Ok that's good, but would like to see him do it three weeks in a row and truly earn a spot. Our boys have been challanged for being weak etc on another thread and now Jimmy's given them a tickle up. I don't think for one second they are weak and would like to give them a chance to prove it.

I watched Maric for the majority of the last quarter, as I didn't see the point in watching general play. He has no idea what to do when we don't have the ball. He doesn't zone correctly (i.e. he usually is too close to another MFC player), he doesn't run hard enough, he doesn't tackle hard enough, he doesn't make space when we need him to.

I want to see an effort. I didn't see that from Maric, and I can't remember the last time I did. I don't care that he only got 1.5 quarters yesterday, that should not preclude him from making way. He was crap last week, worse yesterday, and I see no future in a player whose effort levels are just way too low.

I sense a little bit of hypocrisy here. Jetta doesn't play as an 'oppostunistic small forward' (I resent that title, by the way. Decent small forwards do more than just rely on others to create chances for them to bob up and kick a goal or two), but your description of Jetta matches exactly what I saw from Maric. But by virtue of Jetta starting in the 21, and Maric starting as a sub (which tells you something about where the FD rated them before the game), Maric was unlucky, but Jetta was crap.

Spot on re maric. I really thought with the pre season he had, he might just do really well this year (put him in my DT). A mate of mine pointed out the same things you did and we concluded that it looked like he was going for a stroll with the dog sans dog! Needless to say I have traded him and his dog out of dt. He does not have the desire to make at afl level when the heat is on.

Out: jones, maric, jetta

In: morton, gysberts, wonna

Morton to a hbf, grimes to play centre. Take away a forward and play 3 wingmen. Gysberts to be added to the midfield rotations. Tapscott or Morton can move out of defence with Grimes to go back if needed. We need better clearance work this week, if we win the clearances we win the game. Think it's worth experimenting with Grimes through the midfield if his body can hold up with the extra workload.

Think it would be a mistake bringing Morton straight in to the seniors. Has missed a lot of footy (I realise he will still have his fitness). I think playing an underdone player on the weekend in Frawley showed that nothing competes with match fitness.

The next 2 weeks will determine for me just how much we have improved. These would be 2 games that we inked in (not penciled) at the start of the year. We have a history of losing the games we should win, even last year against the Weagles, so, if we have developed like I htink we have, these will be 2 wins.

Dockett 32, on 04 April 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

Ok that's good, but would like to see him do it three weeks in a row and truly earn a spot. Our boys have been challanged for being weak etc on another thread and now Jimmy's given them a tickle up. I don't think for one second they are weak and would like to give them a chance to prove it.

True, spot on. In fact I was going to start a post a couple of days back to say just that, but then realised the current draw.

For a tough poition, now could be a good time.

I'd say given these Casey reviews that Gysberts and Wonaeamirri are likely promotions, probably for Maric and Jetta.

Austin Wonaeamirri: I played Aussie as a midfielder and he had seven clearances up until three quarter-time. He finished with nine for the match. He showed a different type of fitness, which was good. Aussie is a smart player and it was the best game I’ve seen him play for Casey - from a consistency perspective. It was a really big game from Aussie.

Jordan Gysberts: Jordan had 14 clearances and 30 touches and was outstanding. He was really good around the stoppages and he used the ball well to set up the game. Jordan was the architect behind the game.

in time the following will come in and make us a much better team: Morton, Wonaeamirri, Scully, Mckenzie, Blease, Gysberts. No need to panic, the future is bright....if they sign Scully.

after reading the casey post re Gysberts & Wonna, surely they are in for this week. Wonna as a sub that can hit the midfield and Gysberst doing what he does best... getting the ball.

Out Jetta for Wonna & someone for Gysberts.

EDIT- If Garland can not pass the test, then maybe Warnock..

Matthew Warnock: Matty didn’t get a goal kicked on him. He hardly got beaten in a one-on-one contest. He had 18 disposals - a good return for a backman and just does everything right at this level. He’s in good shape and ready to go, if he gets a call-up. Matty’s always has a good attitude.

Tempted to say Newton but he has come in afer performing and has not delivered.. Maybe a new year will make the difference.

Edited by Sturmmann

In Newton, MacDonald, Gysberts.

Out Jetta, Watts and Garland if injured.

Maric needs another go. Pump the ball down forward like we should and he will deliver.

Did you actually watch the game or are you just going on the stats? One thing that really stood out for me when I watched it was how bad the delivery to Watts is. The number of times I saw the ball being passed behind him, at his feet or to his opponent's advantage was staggering. Yes, he made a couple of errors. He dropped an uncontested mark that he should have eaten. There was a bad handball intercept, but I put that down to Jones running to the wrong spot to receive. Overall, he was everywhere, chased really hard and when the ball was passed to him properly he generally did pretty good things with it.

Did you actually watch the game or are you just going on the stats? One thing that really stood out for me when I watched it was how bad the delivery to Watts is. The number of times I saw the ball being passed behind him, at his feet or to his opponent's advantage was staggering. Yes, he made a couple of errors. He dropped an uncontested mark that he should have eaten. There was a bad handball intercept, but I put that down to Jones running to the wrong spot to receive. Overall, he was everywhere, chased really hard and when the ball was passed to him properly he generally did pretty good things with it.

I agree. I thought he actually did ok. Yeh he made some mistakes but his effort was there and on the performance of the side there are many that would deserve to be dropped before him.

Edited by Confusedee

Todays disposal stats, I think they give an indication of how our Running players are going.

Player.................... K,,,,H,,,,,D

Colin Sylvia.............17,,,,9,,,,,26

Jack Grimes...........14,,,,6,,,,,20

Nathan Jones..........10,,,,6,,,,16

Luke Tapscott.........16,,,,7,,,,23

Rohan Bail..............12,,,,8,,,,20

Aaron Davey...........12,,,,3,,,,15

Clint Bartram...........9,,,,,7,,,,16

Stefan Martin..........9,,,,,5,,,,,14

Brad Green.............9,,,,,6,,,,,15

Jack Trengove.........8,,,,,6,,,,,14

Mark Jamar............2,,,,,7,,,,,9

James Frawley.......9,,,,,5,,,,,14

Ricky Petterd.........7,,,,,5,,,,,12

Lynden Dunn..........5,,,,,5,,,,,10

Liam Jurrah............7,,,,,3,,,,,10

Jack Watts............6,,,,,9,,,,,15

Brent Moloney.......6,,,,,11,,,,,17

----------------------------------------------

Jamie Bennell.......5,,,,,3,,,,,,8

Jared Rivers...........5,,,,,4,,,,,,9

Colin Garland.........8,,,,,3,,,,,11

Neville Jetta..........5,,,,,4,,,,,,9

Addam Maric.......3,,,,,3,,,,,6

IMO we need more size into the team and some more tenacity.

It might be time to bring in Newton. We play the Lions and then the Suns. This would be a good time to give him a run. We need someone who will present @ CHF.

My changes:

Wonnaemirri in for Maric.

Gysberts in for Jetta.

McDonald in for the inj' Garland.

Newton in for Watts. (Watts to Sub.)

I think the natives would tear down the MCC if that occurred