Changes for next week vs Hawthorn

titan_uranus

our injury list is killing us....get more medical staff..whatever it takes!

these guys fit are walk up starts for melb. who would you cut for these guys?

Tom Scully

James Frawley

Jordie McKenzie

Cale Morton

Aussie (time off for father)

Maric for Aussie

MacDonald for Frawlay

Jones for Mckenzie

Jetta(unlucky and may well keep Aussie out) for Scully

Rivers for Morton

If Martin keeps improving on that Campbell will become our ruck coach and Spencer won't get a game.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think making maric the sub will send a msg without having to drop him.

Love to see frawley back but surely it will be via Casey.

Surely not. With Roughhead and Franklin we don't have the luxury of playing him at casey

Rhino - Stef Martin for Hale? Given that Hale has played as their second ruck I don't think it's too silly an idea.

I think bringing in Warnock would negate the balance we've gained by dropping Rivdonald. I'd like to keep the number of defenders who can't kick to a minimum.

Couldn't make it to the game because of work so all my thoughts come from the replay

Joel Mac had a shocker, must make way for Chip

Davey is in trouble, as much as I hope he's not, Gysberts in as the SUB

Maric was ok, set up a few goals and I'd be building his confidence now rather than shattering it.

Petterd plays all game long, no breaks... ever...

I thought Stef Martin was huge and should play instead of Warnock on Hale.

One player needs more space and its not Petterd, why do you think Jurrah was subdued yesterday? His opponent got votes!

when Jurrah wants space he stands on jack watts head!

Jurrah struggled because Maric didn't take the pressure off Jurrah in the forward line.

If Frawley is fit, then MacDonald make way.

Would do the same with Gysberts for Jones. Then make Gys the sub and start Petterd on the ground.

I am a fan of Jones, but he was ordinary yesterday. If he does play, he really needs to show something.

Is there any chance Martin could go with Roughead?

If we are dropping Rivers or MacDonald for Frawley, who are our talls that will cover Hale, Roughhead and Franklin?

Garland for Buddy

Frawley for Roughy

Rivers for Hale.

Anyone for Warnock (replacing Rivers) on Hale??

The only post that has made any sense.

The only post that has made any sense.

Uhhhh... bringing Warnock in doesn't even make sense.

Rivers, Garland and Frawley is a solid back unit with Grimes, Tappy and Bartram dashing out.

If we are dropping Rivers or MacDonald for Frawley, who are our talls that will cover Hale, Roughhead and Franklin?

Garland for Buddy

Frawley for Roughy

Rivers for Hale.

Anyone for Warnock (replacing Rivers) on Hale??

I would pick Warnock. But we have Martin in the wings to take on one of them.

Maric for Aussie

MacDonald for Frawlay

Jones for Mckenzie

Jetta(unlucky and may well keep Aussie out) for Scully

Rivers for Morton

If Martin keeps improving on that Campbell will become our ruck coach and Spencer won't get a game.

Seems outstanding preseason form warrants one game in the seniors.

at least bruce will kick it to a dees player when he gets it..

ouch

I still cant believe we would treat legends of our club the way we delt with Jr and Bruce :(

Seems outstanding preseason form warrants one game in the seniors.

He was lost yesterday, on a day when the ball hit the deck repeatedly in our forward line he should of done more. If Aussie is fit he should play.

Jurrah struggled because Maric didn't take the pressure off Jurrah in the forward line.

Fascinating insight. Whilst where on a role can we add poverty, global warming and the recent increase in earthquake activity to his list of misdemeanors :wacko: ?

Give the kid a break

Yes he was a little off this week but in three quarters he still had 13 touches 3 goal assists, laid a couple of tackles(which he struggled with last year), kicked a couple of behinds which with a little luck could have been goals and has been the best forward during the preseason and one of the best against Hawthorn in Tassie. Surely he deserves a second game.

ouch

I still cant believe we would treat legends of our club the way we delt with Jr and Bruce :(

You're right about Junior, but Bruce's was his own call, depending on how you look at it he actually shafted us by not allowing us to get any compensation for losing him to another club.

Jones will be fighting for his spot all year, the performance of Bail yesterday he was outstanding as our stopping midfielder and he will get the job on Mitchell this week. Scully will come back, Gysberts and McKenzie will get fit and push for selection, hopefully Blease can string some good games at Casey that will put pressure on Jones and other midfielders to perform or be dropped.

On next week, Petterd will start and Maric will be a sub, I think Frawley will play and MacDonald will miss. Rivers on yesterdays performance deserves to miss but this won't happen but like Jones, Rivers will need to perform or you will have MacDonald, Warnock and even McDonald pushing for his spot.

Yeah, I just finished watching the replay, (damn thing cutoff with a minute to go), and Bail played a fairly good game. The whole side had symmetry.

I' be reluctant to change anything. I'd still like to give Frawley another week. I'd rather he came back in against the Lions. With the Suns to follow that game before a bye.

I do not want to lose him with a reoccurence, or a sympathetic injury.

If we assume Frawley is back this week, I would bring him and Gysberts in in place of Maric and MacDonald.

I would make Gysberts substitute, and start Pettard. Given Hawthorn's tall forward set up I think this is sensible.

The team would therefore be:

FB: Bartrum. Frawley. Rivers

HB: Tapscott. Garland. Grimes

CC: Trengove. Jones. Bennel

HF: Davey. Watts. Pettard

FF: Green. Jurrah. Martin

Foll: Jamar. Maloney. Sylvia

Inter: Jetta. Dunne. Bail

Reserve: Gysberts

Consideration could also be given to dropping Bail and bringing in Wonna. I just think he is so much one of our most creative forwards, and generally plays very well in the ones. Fitness would be my biggest concern

I like your call.

Yeah we'll just rely on him to take mark of the year every week. Just doesn't happen son

Thing about Rivers is that it'll take a LOT of howlers for him to make way for anyone... Leadership group and all.

And he's a good player, if old fashioned. He won't string together the three/four weeks it'll take for the panel to lose patience with him. So he probably won't be going out.

Personally, I think round 1 is a bit of a dizzy mess, so I'll wait until rounds 2 or 3 to make judgements.

I think this week against the Hawks will give us a much better idea of where we are at as a team... it will be interesting to see what we have learnt from the pre-season game in Tassie.