Scully's management to talk to Melbourne this week

SoNotFunny

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Bolton Wanderers fan who posts on one of their supporters group forums we have a little saying about all the rumours come transfer time.

PSG

Pie, Shirt, Grin.

Once we see the player eating a pie in the local Bolton pie shop, in a Bolton shirt with a grin, then he has signed, until then.

Do not, I repeat!! Do not get your hopes up. Only disappointment is on that path.

Without trying to upset the positive vibe around the news today

I was at golf day with Mike Sheehan last week and he says categorically that Scully has agreed to terms with GWS via his manager. A point to note that Graeme Allan of GWS is a very close friend of Mike's.

Although he has not officially signed with GWS an agreement via his management company Velocity and GWS has been done. Now before you all shoot me down please note that I am passing on what I heard with the other 100 people on that day

I obviously don't want to see him go but the details of this seem like its done

In times like these, Mike is just another Melbourne supporter being used by Gubby Allan.

The things the guy did to get Buckley to Collingwood were Gollum-like.

I'm with Nasher.

"To ensure there are no distractions and that Tom can direct all his energies to the 2011 season, we recommended to him last August that we put contract talks on hold until the end of this season and advised the club accordingly,"

So apparently signing now and having no media speculation throughout the year would be much more distracting than not saying anything and have the media ask him the same question every day for the next 6 months..

"To ensure there are no distractions and that Tom can direct all his energies to the 2011 season, we recommended to him last August that we put contract talks on hold until the end of this season and advised the club accordingly,"

So apparently signing now and having no media speculation throughout the year would be much more distracting than not saying anything and have the media ask him the same question every day for the next 6 months..

Yep, you highlight the absurdity of Scully's management's statement.

I reckon he's gone, FWIW.

Without trying to upset the positive vibe around the news today

I was at golf day with Mike Sheehan last week and he says categorically that Scully has agreed to terms with GWS via his manager. A point to note that Graeme Allan of GWS is a very close friend of Mike's.

Speaking from personal experience, Mike Sheehan sometimes tells you more than he knows.

Speaking from personal experience, Mike Sheehan sometimes tells you more than he knows.

Let's Hope so...I have no doubt Sculls want to see how things go at MFC this year-Fair enough to, i very much doubt he will sign anything until Melbournes season is finished.

That's my take anyway...it make no sense to sign now- he is contracted until october this year.

Ha this is what I don't get. The longer this kinda crap is dribbled out the more likely it is that Tom is going. Still can't believe all of this is happening.

Let him play the year out before you make a judgement.

I am voicing what I think will happen, just like everyone else has done.

Hoping Jack Viney can somewhat fill the void...

I am voicing what I think will happen, just like everyone else has done.

Hoping Jack Viney can somewhat fill the void...

I think Tom's decision will hinge a lot on how season 2011 pans out. That's what i am voicing.

People are waving the white flag before the season even begins...

Yep, you highlight the absurdity of Scully's management's statement.

I reckon he's gone, FWIW.

So true. Using the most basic of logic it is so bleeding obvious that signing now would let him focus more on his footy than having the whole year full of media speculation. It makes absolutely zero sense.

Unfortunately there are only 2 real explanations for that kind of rediculous comment.

1. It is a pure lie. He is 'leaving negotations to the end of the year' just like all those who signed with the Gold Coast.

2. The management is using spin. Instead of being straight and saying its a strategy to get the biggest possible contract, he's using a lame transparent excuse.

Either option is pretty rediculous by his management. As if people can't tell it's bull

So true. Using the most basic of logic it is so bleeding obvious that signing now would let him focus more on his footy than having the whole year full of media speculation. It makes absolutely zero sense.

Unfortunately there are only 2 real explanations for that kind of rediculous comment.

1. It is a pure lie. He is 'leaving negotations to the end of the year' just like all those who signed with the Gold Coast.

2. The management is using spin. Instead of being straight and saying its a strategy to get the biggest possible contract, he's using a lame transparent excuse.

Either option is pretty rediculous by his management. As if people can't tell it's bull

You are forgetting one very important factor.....Australian Football is the toughest Sport going around, who can tell what injuries or heroics will happen- why would anyone want to sign a player for 2012 onwards before 2011 has even begun, and whilst that player is playing for a different team. No way would i sign a thing.

We don't even know an MFC offer as yet.

You are forgetting one very important factor.....Australian Football is the toughest Sport going around, who can tell what injuries or heroics will happen- why would anyone want to sign a player for 2012 onwards before 2011 has even begun, and whilst that player is playing for a different team. No way would i sign a thing.

We don't even know an MFC offer as yet.

The other thing he is forgetting is that if Scully were to sign with us now instead of at the end of the year it would likely be for a lesser deal, because a) there will likely be a change in the economic climate for players in general with the lobbying for greater pay league-wide B) any club, including GWS, could come knocking between now and then to broaden his options c)the on-field success and prospects of ourselves and other clubs will be clearer and will influence the decision d)between now and then personal aspects of his life might change ie women, family, property, non-footy revenue/education etc and will influence the decision and e) he will probably blitz the season and therefore prove what is still largely potential, driving his bargaining power up. On his behalf it would be stupid to sign with us now because at the end of the year he is likely to get a better deal regardless of what jumper he's in

1. He's already at GWS

2. He's definitely not leaving MFC

3. He wants to stay here in principle, but is maintaining the possibility of leaving for a likely better deal at year's end. If the MFC come to the party or close to it he will stay

it has to be number 3 for mine

Edited by Curry & Beer

The other thing he is forgetting is that if Scully were to sign with us now instead of at the end of the year it would likely be for a lesser deal, because a) there will likely be a change in the economic climate for players in general with the lobbying for greater pay league-wide B) any club, including GWS, could come knocking between now and then to broaden his options c)the on-field success and prospects of ourselves and other clubs will be clearer and will influence the decision d)between now and then personal aspects of his life might change ie women, family, property, non-footy revenue/education etc and will influence the decision and e) he will probably blitz the season and therefore prove what is still largely potential, driving his bargaining power up. On his behalf it would be stupid to sign with us now because at the end of the year he is likely to get a better deal regardless of what jumper he's in

1. He's already at GWS

2. He's definitely not leaving MFC

3. He wants to stay here in principle, but is maintaining the possibility of leaving for a likely better deal at year's end. If the MFC come to the party or close to it he will stay

it has to be number 3 for mine

People on Here just want Sculls to sign now so they can relax, Hey i would love it. But it aint gonna happen-There are too many variables between now and October to be signing any multi million dollar contract with either GWS or MFC.

An interesting third twist in the latest chapter of this saga...

"Scully is poised to break his silence on Friday at a press conference. If the 19-year-old gets through training tomorrow, which shouldn't be an issue, the Demons are likely to give the green light to one of the most anticipated interviews of the year.

Scully would have spoken publicly before now, if not for knee soreness that has delayed his start to the pre-season campaign.

Melbourne, which plays Brisbane on Saturday, doesn't want Scully to talk until he is ready to play his first game of the year."

Herald Sun report

Till Friday...

I too, have been following all these Scully threads just interested to see what fellow demonlanders have to say about a very serious issue for the MFC.

Firstly, people come to these forums to discuss and vent about issues like this, so people shouldn't get shut down and abused just because they are worried about losing potentially the best player of the next 10 years. If you can't handle the forums about tom, don't read them.. end of story.

I would like to add, it aint looking good..

However, we will be able to discover alot from Toms interview on friday.

If he says, 'I want to play with MFC and my mates for the rest of my career' We are safe

If he says, 'I want to leave to my management to work out' We are [censored]

90% of the players who have been linked to GWS have come out and said 'I want to play at my current club', so if Tom was that vested in our future plans, he would too, wouldnt he?

Its going to be sad to see him go (if he does) :)

As a Bolton Wanderers fan who posts on one of their supporters group forums we have a little saying about all the rumours come transfer time.

PSG

Pie, Shirt, Grin.

Once we see the player eating a pie in the local Bolton pie shop, in a Bolton shirt with a grin, then he has signed, until then.

Do not, I repeat!! Do not get your hopes up. Only disappointment is on that path.

Do players actually sign with the trotters?

An interesting third twist in the latest chapter of this saga...

"Scully is poised to break his silence on Friday at a press conference. If the 19-year-old gets through training tomorrow, which shouldn't be an issue, the Demons are likely to give the green light to one of the most anticipated interviews of the year.

Scully would have spoken publicly before now, if not for knee soreness that has delayed his start to the pre-season campaign.

Melbourne, which plays Brisbane on Saturday, doesn't want Scully to talk until he is ready to play his first game of the year."

Herald Sun report

Till Friday...

Yeah, this coincides and supports Mark Stevens 'tweet' during or just after the Melb v Ess match. Mark Stevens and Mark Robinson have put their name to this article ^. Should be a big press conference gallery on Friday [that's an understatement!]

can somebody explain to me what having knee soreness has to do with your ability to give an interview?

I can't explain that. Except to say the club will leave him to his own devices in getting the knee right and that he can talk to the media when it's most suitable...like... before his return to playing !

Hasn't this already been discussed ten fold ?

I can't explain that. Except to say the club will leave him to his own devices in getting the knee right and that he can talk to the media when it's most suitable...like... before his return to playing !

Hasn't this already been discussed ten fold ?

sorry I wasn't aware of the nine-fold-only discussion rule

your explanation doesn't satisfy me except for the first 4 words