SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL DEMONLANDERS

Demonland

As the year draws to a close, I would like to again extend to all Demonlanders our best wishes for a joyous and peaceful season.

A particular thank you to everyone for their contributions to the site; to our writing team headed by Whispering Jack, thanks for keeping us at the top of the tree despite and to the moderators who keep things level and on board thanks for all your work.

Thanks to the Board, the staff, the coaches and the players at the MFC. As usual, we're looking forward to bigger, brighter and better things in 2011 and beyond.

And again to all posters and readers thanks for sticking with us (even the few who we've banned and have come back!)

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and a Safe New Year ... and Special Wishes to those who are unwell ... we're with you all the way, especially to Jimmy our hero who this year achieved a debt free club. It's onwards and upwards in every respect ...

I'd like to echo every one of those thoughts. Sincere thanks to everyone involved at Demonland for providing such a fantastic facility for all readers and contributors, and thanks to the Melbourne Footy Club for its proud history and the exciting journey that we are about to embark on. Compliments of the season to all Demonlanders!!

Yes, Happy Christmas and, remember, if your chinese - New Years isn't till Feb.

Crazy...

Good food though...

Christmas cheer and celebrations to all.... keep the celebrations going, for season 2011 will be ours !!! :wub:

Guest hangon007

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a fantastic festive season. Thanks to Jack and Andy for all the work they do and all the team!

Here! Here! Huge Thank-you.

Merry Christmas & a safe New Year to all.

Thanks for a great fun year and look forward to seeing you all in 2011.

All the best to you & your family.

Go Dees!!!

Thanks

Hangon007

Merry Christmas everyone, Have a good one and please stay safe.

We had a good year, and a few heated discussions-But that's what this place is for.

Jimma you made another christmas which was your wish last year, you will see many more.

We are the Melbourne Family & our energies and thanks go to you Jimma.

How good does this club feel now going into 2011, compared with 2008.

I watched this again last night Schwabby's final Whiteboard Wednesday 27 for the year-It is a great summary, and it shows we are being run properly, giving ourselves a real chance at glory in the future.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/tabid/8667/contentid/301692/default.aspx

Merry Christmas to all (That includes you Rhino!!) All's fair in love and war they say

Stay Cool everyone & may we smash the Poms on our home ground next week..... :)

Edited by why you little

Merry Christmas everyone, Have a good one and please stay safe.

We had a good year, and a few heated discussions-But that's what this place is for.

Jimma you made another christmas which was your wish last year, you will see many more.

We are the Melbourne Family & our energies and thanks go to you Jimma.

How good does this club feel now going into 2011, compared with 2008.

I watched this again last night Schwabby's final Whiteboard Wednesday 27 for the year-It is a great summary, and it shows we are being run properly, giving ourselves a real chance at glory in the future.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/tabid/8667/contentid/301692/default.aspx

Merry Christmas to all (That includes you Rhino!!) All's fair in love and war they say

Stay Cool everyone & may we smash the Poms on our home ground next week..... :)

A great post at this time of year-I second your point with Rhino- wouldn't it be great if he wished us all the best for the New Year.. doubt if he had the guts to do that...

Hope y'all had a good Xmas. Enjoy New Year tomorrow - season gets closer!

to cheer you all up . . . . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension.

Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment.

Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few dollars.

By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went.

A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God.

All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?

Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing.

I think it might have been those rotten thieves at the post office.

Sincerely, Edna

Edited by daisycutter

Hope y'all had a good Xmas. Enjoy New Year tomorrow - season gets closer!

to cheer you all up . . . . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension.

Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment.

Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few dollars.

By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went.

A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God.

All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?

Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing.

I think it might have been those rotten thieves at the post office.

Sincerely, Edna

A good yarn- have a great New Year Eve and the best for 2011.

A great post at this time of year-I second your point with Rhino- wouldn't it be great if he wished us all the best for the New Year.. doubt if he had the guts to do that...

HaHaHa!! JCB i The fact that Rhino has not commented on every line of my above post i take as a compliment as it is!!!

I wish xmas greetings to all, and will happily have a beer with any Demon supporter if the opportunity arises.