2011 Membership Running Tally

Eth

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for a bit of interest or gauge on how we are progressing as a club, having read a bit more of the 2010 Membership thread, we can make a good comparison come the 31st of March. (I know, it's a month and a half away !), but on the 31st of March in .....

2009 - we had 27,128 members

2010 - we had 27,595 members

2011 - we will have ???????? (currently 25,253 - ~3,000^ on last year's figures)

The closest I can get for you Demonator is on 11th February last year, which agent orange posted 21,448.

Then there was a gap until 31st March when a tally was posted. We're definitely a few thousand ahead anyway.

edit: thread - 2010 Membership Thread

Thanks mate - appreciate it. Interesting to see (not surprisingly) that we're a fair way ahead again this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for a bit of interest or gauge on how we are progressing as a club, having read a bit more of the 2010 Membership thread, we can make a good comparison come the 31st of March. (I know, it's a month and a half away !), but on the 31st of March in .....

2011 - we will have ???????? (currently 25,253 - ~3,000^ on last year's figures)

27,279 currently. Nearly at the March 31st 2010 tally already and still only the 10th of March. Not bad.

But we need 5000 or so new members this year to get to 40,000.

37,000 seems realistic. I'd be happy with that. 40,000 next year would then be very achievable if we perform well in 2011.

theres always a whole swag who wait til the first game..why ?? no idea.. just happens

Thanks mate - appreciate it. Interesting to see (not surprisingly) that we're a fair way ahead again this year.

Now 27,806. We have surpassed the 27,595 mark at the 31st of March,2010. I'd say this figure would include those processed from the family day.

37,000 seems realistic. I'd be happy with that.

Inclined to agree. Fingers crossed it's more. Would love it to get beyond 40,000 this year. That would be another fantastic achievement in a short time for Jimmy and his crew. Would be another important aspect to add to the 'environment' the club is creating for it's players.

I reckon if we change the price of memberships to $1 each member can buy 150 memberships and if we have 35,000 members than we can sign up . . .

5.25 million members!

That means we'll win the AFL right! :rolleyes:

Such a dick measuring contest over at BigFooty . . . just want the flag! Richmond supporters are always hilarious though.

Were a brand in the building. It will take a generation to come through enjoying success before we can dream of 70 odd thousand. Maybe 50 in 5-10 depending on performances.

Collingwood offer a three game membership which is affordably and no doubt boosts their membership numbers a lot. I live about 75kms from the G' so am not eligble for country membership yet will probably only go to about 5 games during the year. A 3 or 5 game membership would be great for me. That said, I still might get the 7 game basic membership.

it did last week at VISY

nice, well i'll just buy mine tomorrow night then before the game then rather than online. i was going to buy an interstate now i'm back in tas, but then realsied that an 11 game concession is only $5 more. I'm back at uni again this year, so its good to get these little discounts. However, i do miss not going to the G every week.

nice, well i'll just buy mine tomorrow night then before the game then rather than online. i was going to buy an interstate now i'm back in tas, but then realsied that an 11 game concession is only $5 more. I'm back at uni again this year, so its good to get these little discounts. However, i do miss not going to the G every week.

i bought mine online and produced a printout of my invoice/receipt at the membership tent and they gave me a ticket

Inclined to agree. Fingers crossed it's more. Would love it to get beyond 40,000 this year. That would be another fantastic achievement in a short time for Jimmy and his crew. Would be another important aspect to add to the 'environment' the club is creating for it's players.

Gee guys Id be delighted with that- we seem to have lost our mememtum.We were basically travelling around 3000 ahead as HT, pointed out but no where near that right now.A very long way from 37k as it stands right now IMO..opening games will be very telling.Do you agree?

I was reading in another thread, might even have been demonology, that a poster signed up last night and was told by the membership department that there are still over 10,000 from last season that haven't signed up yet. Yet we are still around 4,500 ahead of this time last year, so things are looking up. Maybe the 40,000 barrier could possibly be achieved. I'd still be thrilled with 35,000 members though (2 years ago, it would have seemed impossible to achieve).

- Correction, it was over on bigfooty

Edited by Demon Disciple

Gee guys Id be delighted with that- we seem to have lost our mememtum.We were basically travelling around 3000 ahead as HT, pointed out but no where near that right now.A very long way from 37k as it stands right now IMO..opening games will be very telling.Do you agree?

JCB, if you have a good look at the timeline I posted for figures on 31st March in the previous two years and compare them to our current tally, we are still well ahead. To get a more indicative difference take note of our tally in three more weeks - hence 31st March. We could quite possibly be 3,000 ahead still. So I don't know why you are referring to it as "no where near that right now (ie.3000^). Nor the "lost our momentum" view !

The opening games will be just as influential as previous two years. If we do get on a roll early it may mean more....but that is no guarantee.

JCB, if you have a good look at the timeline I posted for figures on 31st March in the previous two years and compare them to our current tally, we are still well ahead. To get a more indicative difference take note of our tally in three more weeks - hence 31st March. We could quite possibly be 3,000 ahead still. So I don't know why you are referring to it as "no where near that right now (ie.3000^). Nor the "lost our momentum" view !

The opening games will be just as influential as previous two years. If we do get on a roll early it may mean more....but that is no guarantee.

HT-Please note I did take into consideration your table and before you had posted it,I went back myself and looked at the last two years trying to take in like for like at particular times re dates. That is what drew me to my conclusion that we are slipping backwards. And I also note that this time last year I was advocating that we were not likely to reach even our budgeted figure because we did so poorly in the NAB cup ,in particular in Fremantle we certainly would not get to the record number we did in 2010. Gee I will be very satisfied if we firstly beat last years figure,(my memory says we have budgeted for 35500) get to 37, 000 will be great, 40,000 over the moon.I an just saying we have not kept up your earlier post amounts of greater than 3000 above 2010 figures. But I accept that at the 31st March we should have a far better fix on where we are at.But I will not be talking to you at that particular time due to the belting you are expected to give me in ULtimate footy.

Good chance. A monty IMO by 31st March.

That will be great if we achieve this- What is your prediction at end of year(post 3oth June 2011)?