Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

No-one can argue Cam didnt keep up his end of the bargain. IF he was paid well it's because he performed and because there wasn't anyone else there to take $ away from him. Hardly his fault.

If you take out the football and imagine yourself in your workplace where management offers you good money because you re a good worker in a company full of average ones then good luck to you.

True. But if you then find yourself in a position where the maangement offers you decent money beecause you're a role player in a company full of designated hitters (realised or not), and you give them the finger thinking that over at the other mob you'll win the companywebs, you're perhaps not quite on the money?

Edited by Trident

On the other hand

should the player just lie down and agree?

Interestingly in this situation there has been no bagging of Bruce by the club or any of the players!

Unlike C. Johnson and McLean no adverese comments have come from anyone inside the club.

The only upset people appear to be the uninformed posters .

It's just a shame the Bruce bashers couldn't follow suit and follow the example set by the club and its players. I think it's called RESPECT for a great Melbourne footballer by his former teammates.

It's just a shame the Bruce bashers couldn't follow suit and follow the example set by the club and its players. I think it's called RESPECT for a great Melbourne footballer by his former teammates.

You would only go that path if you definitely think you are in the premiership window.

He and his management contacted Hawthorn.

Bruce leaving meant we were able to take an extra pick in the rookie draft, possibly allowing us to claim Campbell, and one rookie will be able to play.

Yes ... we kind of got Campbell for Bruce, Howe for Hale (for the trade with North we didn't have to do), and McDonald for Cheney.

Let's see how it pans out.

8 pages........ The off season, huh

Has any talked about the massive amount of money that is freed now that Bruce has left. This allows some spare cash for the likes of Scully to be signed this year.

Good timing when the GWS is lurking with their monster cheque book

''That was the part of where Melbourne was heading. They are driven by a young and youthful list, and to come to a club that's got the experience and are really ready to have a crack at it [premiership] is something that was appealing to me.''

Bruce has been offered a one-year contract on less money than he was offered at Melbourne.

"It's a year-by-year proposition now,'' he said. ''I just have to be performing. I don't want to come to a club and be expected to be given a free ride. I am coming here to make an impact and hopefully it goes beyond the one year, but if I am not performing I don't deserve another year.

''It's [not about the money], it's about enjoying my footy and being involved in a bit of success. I am going to get a great opportunity here to do that. It's definitely about footy that is the No. 1 goal and the rest is irrelevant.

These are direct quotes from a Ralph (ugh) story in The Age yesterday. Yes, I know. I live in Canberra, we get the news a day late.

He says he wants a flag, there is an inference he is on less money, and he accepts the year-by-year proposition.

Check-effing-mate.

Finally! Now has everyone come around to the fact that HE left for his own reasons and we didn't insult him with our 'contemptful' contract terms?

Edited: Bolding the frack out of it.

Edited by rpfc

Yes ... we kind of got Campbell for Bruce, Howe for Hale (for the trade with North we didn't have to do), and McDonald for Cheney.

Let's see how it pans out.

It's arguable that the Hawks paid overs (compensation pick) for Hale too on a sizeable contract. And we get R. Campbell in through the back door.

I dare say we should be happy with that.

Check mate.

I take it from the silence that I, and others, have convinced the hand-wringers and that Cameron left for reasons of his own ego and not because of our contempt as a club.

Hooray, it's over!!!

Celebrate good times, come on!!

I will.

I just feel sad!

He played through a lot of poor years at the Dees.

Gave us a lot of good games.

It was not his fault we did not win a Flag through his years.

I truely hope the Hawks win a flag this year and he is on the ground when it happens.

Good luck Bruce you gave your all for the Dees for a long time.

I just feel sad!

I truely hope the Hawks win a flag this year and he is on the ground when it happens.

You truly hope the hawks win the flag.

Seriously?

Seriously.

I just feel sad!

Jeez, did this post come out of nothing?!

Heh. Really?

I hope they miss the finals and Cameron ends his career and a nonchalant Bailey says that they still had a VL spot free in 2012 if he'd stayed but that's 'history now.'

Guy left.

Guten tag.

Edited by rpfc

I just feel sad!

Because none of us have seen enough Hawforn flags.

How about hoping that Brad Green wins one in red & blue? Tough choice I know :mellow:

I just feel sad!

I will NEVER wish the Hawthorn Football Club success, maybe some of us forget 1987 & 1988

Cameron Bruce now plays for that club. His choice, for less money.

I hope the Hawks finish 9th next year, below the MFC.

I just feel sad!

In fact, I'd say if Bruce was a better player we may have on a flag during his time at MFC.

I truly hope hawthorn never wins another flag, are forced into a mini-rebuild and Bruce's career ends quickly as he fades into obscurity...

In fact, I'd say if Bruce was a better player we may have on a flag during his time at MFC.

I truly hope hawthorn never wins another flag, are forced into a mini-rebuild and Bruce's career ends quickly as he fades into obscurity...

E25 you smell of sour grapes.

Bruce gave his all to the MFC.

Like most players he was not perfect.

I Cannot remember a finals match we played in that he cost us the game.

However i can think of ten others who performed a lost worse.

Have a little grace where he is concerned.

Whats up your nose so much about the hawks?

They are just another competitor and a lot better than a alot of the others eg. Collingwood or Essendon.

I will NEVER wish the Hawthorn Football Club success, maybe some of us forget 1987 & 1988

Cameron Bruce now plays for that club. His choice, for less money.

I hope the Hawks finish 9th next year, below the MFC.

Move on it is 22 years ago.

E25 you smell of sour grapes.

Bruce gave his all to the MFC.

Like most players he was not perfect.

I Cannot remember a finals match we played in that he cost us the game.

However i can think of ten others who performed a lost worse.

Have a little grace where he is concerned.

Whats up your nose so much about the hawks?

They are just another competitor and a lot better than a alot of the others eg. Collingwood or Essendon.

No, just never liked him when he was at our club and I like him even less now that he's gone.

My criticism of him is well documented.

I hope he just fades into obscurity and I seriously think it's all he will do.

Hawthorn are not a serious threat for the flag and I'd never wish for them to be, unless it was so we could beat them in a GF.

edit:

Just because Bruce was happily anonymous in lots of games, doesn't make him innocent.

To say a player "lost us the game" is a misnomer in any case.

No grace for Bruce. He gets as good as he gives.

Your last sentence is ridiculous.

Edited by E25

No, just never liked him when he was at our club and I like him even less now that he's gone.

My criticism of him is well documented.

I hope he just fades into obscurity and I seriously think it's all he will do.

Hawthorn are not a serious threat for the flag and I'd never wish for them to be, unless it was so we could beat them in a GF.

Now the last bit I like.

However I think we are both dreaming!

But as someone famous once said "don't take my dreams away as I will have nothing left"!

I wish him all the best.

But the same way you wish your ex 'all the best.'

And it doesn't include wishing them luck in running off with your current girlfriend (the equivalency of wishing Cameron would win the flag).

We are definitely getting better with our metaphors...

I just feel sad!

All the more reason to think he might like to stay at a team thats going to win a lot more games and enjoy being part of that. Its not like the club is going backwards ffs. All the good stuff happening at the club in what would be his final year(s) and after 220+ games and MFC life membership he says sorry not interested in that I'm going to the Dorks for less money cos I might be a able to jump on a flag bandwaggon

Sorry old dee, he's perfectly entitled to turn his back on the club and walk, I can respect his time at the MFC, but don't expect me to hope he wins a flag at the dorks ffs. I don't wish him good luck or bad luck. Whilst he plays for the Dorks instead of the Dees he's nothing to me

I wish him all the best.

But the same way you wish your ex 'all the best.'

And it doesn't include wishing them luck in running off with your current girlfriend (the equivalency of wishing Cameron would win the flag).

We are definitely getting better with our metaphors...

It just surprises me the ill feeling you have for Bruce!

He gave me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

In today's football world Players are chewed up and spat out at the whim of the Club.

So if a player decides to leave after a long service so be it.

It does not make him a bum just part of the system.

I still hope he achieves what he could not at the DEES.

Numerous other MFC players have done similar over the years and I have no doubt others will in the future.

All the more reason to think he might like to stay at a team thats going to win a lot more games and enjoy being part of that. Its not like the club is going backwards ffs. All the good stuff happening at the club in what would be his final year(s) and after 220+ games and MFC life membership he says sorry not interested in that I'm going to the Dorks for less money cos I might be a able to jump on a flag bandwaggon

Sorry old dee, he's perfectly entitled to turn his back on the club and walk, I can respect his time at the MFC, but don't expect me to hope he wins a flag at the dorks ffs. I don't wish him good luck or bad luck. Whilst he plays for the Dorks instead of the Dees he's nothing to me

So be it DC but I will have a smile when I see him do well at the Hawks.