Fev A Dee, Ridiculous or Just Crazy?

Redleg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have Fevola when we have Jurrah

/end

When we watch the Jimma story on Sunday night we all will be hoping that a premiership comes soon.It will really assist him and his sprits..having a Fevola or the likes just may get us a premiership earlier than expected--as did Hawthorn.As I said earlier -worth a little consideration.

Go Dees.

Edited by jayceebee31

Before you all howl me down and seek to get me committed consider this idea. It appears that the Lions are prepared to pay Fev out a certain amount of his package and release him even if nothing comes of the latest allegation. If they were to pay him say $1.5M instead of $1.9M and did it with say $500K this year and $1M next year they would save $450K this year and with about $350K saved on Rischitelli they could pay all their other players and keep them.

Here goes the crazy part, the Dees then take him and pay him $200K a year which makes up his original package with the Lions for the next two years, with a strict get out clause and contract cancellation if he misbehaves at all in the next two years. Oh and by the way we would give the Lions our last pick in the draft for the trade.

What do Demonlanders think. I am waiting for the men in white coats with the straight jackets to arrive.

The simple fact he's in the crap he is in now is because he is an egotistical clown. He is a meat-head, a douch bag.. the typical "jock" you may see out of the college movies, or the big bafoon [censored] of a bloke you may see down at the pub- skulling vb's, swearing and pushing females down in toilet cubicals.. He is an embarrasment of a man, not only to himself but also to his family. I would be embarresed if he put on our jumper and I would cringe daily at the notion of him hanging around any of our players in a formal or social setting.

He is old too! Almost 30... It's just such ashame that moron DNA mixed with talent DNA... he had the world at his feet and he decided to [censored] down the side of it! It's a no from me.

The simple fact he's in the crap he is in now is because he is an egotistical clown. He is a meat-head, a douch bag.. the typical "jock" you may see out of the college movies, or the big bafoon [censored] of a bloke you may see down at the pub- skulling vb's, swearing and pushing females down in toilet cubicals.. He is an embarrasment of a man, not only to himself but also to his family. I would be embarresed if he put on our jumper and I would cringe daily at the notion of him hanging around any of our players in a formal or social setting.

He is old too! Almost 30... It's just such ashame that moron DNA mixed with talent DNA... he had the world at his feet and he decided to [censored] down the side of it! It's a no from me.

At this stage Fev has done no wrongs up in Brisbane, it's all alleged.

So i would be calling Brisbane at this stage the Absolute [censored] bag Wankers myself.

The longer Fev stays quiet the more stupid and suspect Brisbane Become...They have Killed their own list and are now in total damage control.

I love it. Suits there Paddle Pop Emblem so well.

Has he done nothing wrong at Brisbane? I'd say he has probably only just managed to stay on the true path, constantly threatening to sway... I don't know, I just feel a leopard can't change its spots, and usually where there is smoke there is fire, or maybe I just don't like the bloke??

Either way it makes for entertaining reading. Fact is if Fev is guilty in this latest incident, its no real surprise- however if some investigating reveals this was indeed some kind of set up- and the truth WILL come out, well then that is simply MASSIVE. Almost club destroying massive you would think..

Before you all howl me down and seek to get me committed consider this idea. It appears that the Lions are prepared to pay Fev out a certain amount of his package and release him even if nothing comes of the latest allegation. If they were to pay him say $1.5M instead of $1.9M and did it with say $500K this year and $1M next year they would save $450K this year and with about $350K saved on Rischitelli they could pay all their other players and keep them.

Here goes the crazy part, the Dees then take him and pay him $200K a year which makes up his original package with the Lions for the next two years, with a strict get out clause and contract cancellation if he misbehaves at all in the next two years. Oh and by the way we would give the Lions our last pick in the draft for the trade.

What do Demonlanders think. I am waiting for the men in white coats with the straight jackets to arrive.

His Talent is tempting, but it way Too risky.

Take no chances, we're on the right track. Now is not the time to become impatient.

Has he done nothing wrong at Brisbane? I'd say he has probably only just managed to stay on the true path, constantly threatening to sway... I don't know, I just feel a leopard can't change its spots, and usually where there is smoke there is fire, or maybe I just don't like the bloke??

Either way it makes for entertaining reading. Fact is if Fev is guilty in this latest incident, its no real surprise- however if some investigating reveals this was indeed some kind of set up- and the truth WILL come out, well then that is simply MASSIVE. Almost club destroying massive you would think..

So far many players at Brisbane are Backing Him. Jonathan Brown is taking care of him somewhere down in the GC i heard last week from a Carlton supporting Lawyer.

And no to this point i don't think Fev has done any wrongs up there....Brisbane on the other hand realize THEY have made a MASSIVE blunder, but it is not Fev's Fault this time (pending of course the on going investigation)....but each day that is quiet makes Brisbane's case look worse.

I doubt very much the police are going to act, So how is it Brisbane can indefinately suspend a potentially innocent employee??

This little imbroglio will be a Test case used for years now legally.

Right now the Brisbane Bears are in Damage control in a very large way...

Why don't you say what you really mean nostradeemus? ;)

PML

to this point i don't think Fev has done any wrongs up there....Brisbane on the other hand realize THEY have made a MASSIVE blunder, but it is not Fev's Fault this time (pending of course the on going investigation)....but each day that is quiet makes Brisbane's case look worse.

We have no idea whether he's done something wrong or not and for that reason Brisbane should have stood by its player rather than sending him out to be hung, drawn and quartered. The Lions are committing one massive blunder after another and it seems they're hoping the AFL steps in and deregisters him. In the absence of some overbearing evidence damning Fevola, that isn't going to happen because Fevola would have the full weight of the legal system on his side in that case.

I think it's true what they're saying in the media about the tide turning in favour of Fev against a board that's fumbled it's way through this sad episode.

We have no idea whether he's done something wrong or not and for that reason Brisbane should have stood by its player rather than sending him out to be hung, drawn and quartered. The Lions are committing one massive blunder after another and it seems they're hoping the AFL steps in and deregisters him. In the absence of some overbearing evidence damning Fevola, that isn't going to happen because Fevola would have the full weight of the legal system on his side in that case.

I think it's true what they're saying in the media about the tide turning in favour of Fev against a board that's fumbled it's way through this sad episode.

It almost seems like there's a danger following a prolonged period of high success or dynasty, that there could be a vacuum after the leadership finish. Essendon - Sheedy. Brisbane - Matthews.

Maybe people clammer for the limelight on the back of others talents? Boards split, half extend the term of the young coach before retiring, only to leave the newbreed who want a different direction.

They are a mess, those clubs.

It almost seems like there's a danger following a prolonged period of high success or dynasty, that there could be a vacuum after the leadership finish. Essendon - Sheedy. Brisbane - Matthews.

They are a mess, those clubs.

Absolutely right-You can add the MFC 1965 to that list as well.

Its the same in world history and in politics, nobody wants to lead a party thats just been thrashed at the polls.

Too much success makes people Fat and slow, and the lean hunters take them down.

Will Geeeeelong be able to keep the Filth at bay come friday night?? Could it be Thompson & Abletts last game with the Cats??

Friday night is Huge!

I'm not defending the way Brisbane have handled this, nor do I want to accuse Fevola of doing anything in particular (as people have said, this particarly incident smells fishy) but since this thread is about whether Melbourne should get him, I think it's worth wondering why Brisbane are clearly so desperate to get rid of him if his behavior up there really has been fine, as people are baselessly claiming.

I'd be shocked if they only want to get rid of him because of his on-field performance. Injuries, and media fallouts from previous behavior while still in Melboune, have played a significant role in his indifferent 2010 season, and you'd expect at least the second factor to improve next year (assuming his behavior has been fine, there'll be nothing new for the press to report). In any case, you don't try to shirk your contractual obligations and risk confrontation with the AFLPA just so that you can sack a highly talented player, one year into his contract, after paying a hefty price to get him, unless you have some pretty serious concerns regarding that player.

Edited by two sheds jackson

I'm not defending the way Brisbane have handled this, nor do I want to accuse Fevola of doing anything in particular (as people have said, this particarly incident smells fishy) but since this thread is about whether Melbourne should get him, I think it's worth wondering why Brisbane are clearly so desperate to get rid of him if his behavior up there really has been fine, as people are baselessly claiming.

I'd be shocked if they only want to get rid of him because of his on-field performance. Injuries, and media fallouts from previous behavior while still in Melboune, have played a significant role in his indifferent 2010 season, and you'd expect at least the second factor to improve next year. In any case, you don't try to shirk your contractual obligations and risk confrontation with the AFLPA just so that you can sack a highly talented player, one year into his contract, after paying a hefty price to get him, unless you have some pretty serious concerns regarding that player.

T.S.J i think Brisbane's main concern is that the Grand Plan of 2010 completely backfired, and now the bills have come in. The Club cannot afford these Bills, so a lot of players want out before the Shite really hits the preverbial Fan-Unless Fev is proven guilty, that is the only scenario i can see.

Having spoken to quite a few legal Eagles about it, they were thinking along the same lines.

These Player "scandals" are usually sorted out quickly, this one has dragged.

The Guilty Party in this one seems to be those who first drew up Fev's Ridiculous Contract.

I've got to admit to not having really looked at it, but I wouldn't have thought they'd have too many salary cap concerns? With their recent and upcoming departures (Bradshaw, Rischi, Brennan etc), and considering that their higher paid players in Black, Brown, Power could not be far off either retirement or the veterans list, I wouldn't think they're going to have alot of trouble paying people in the foreseeable future? Again, I could be way off on this, as I'm only taking an educated guess since Brisbanes contract situations obviously isn't a topic I'm well-versed on.

I've got to admit to not having really looked at it, but I wouldn't have thought they'd have too many salary cap concerns? With their recent and upcoming departures (Bradshaw, Rischi, Brennan etc), and considering that their higher paid players in Black, Brown, Power could not be far off either retirement or the veterans list, I wouldn't think they're going to have alot of trouble paying people in the foreseeable future? Again, I could be way off on this, as I'm only taking an educated guess since Brisbanes contract situations obviously isn't a topic I'm well-versed on.

I am with you there as far as all the Brisbane dealings contract wise, all i know is that Fevs contract to the Lions is about 2.5 Mill for 3 years Back Loaded with carlton paying about a hundred G's for each of the first 2 years. But that they were really counting on a big september this year.....

Please take this thread down in case someone from mfc reads it and it puts ideas in their heads. Fev is a cancer. Absolute wanker that we dont need. You honestly want another Nathan Caroll?

Don't worry. I credit our football department for being smart enough not to take the slightest notice of a thread on a fan site entitled, "Fev a Dee, Ridiculous or Just Crazy?"

Have they arrived yet? :wacko:

if Fev comes to MFC I will not renew my membership.

Good work. That will really show'em.

Fact is if Fev is guilty in this latest incident, its no real surprise- however if some investigating reveals this was indeed some kind of set up- and the truth WILL come out,

How will that happen when the AFL/Brisbane will do the investigating? And the police investigation will only centre on whether he did or didnt flash the allegwed victim.

Its just amazing some posters are contemplating Fev at MFC.

Why don't you say what you really mean nostradeemus? ;)

Thought the post was self therapy in some way.

Good summary Jack.