Changes

did bartram do enough tonight?

imo...rivers could be dropped...he just doesn't seem to fit into our team any more.

dunn could be swapped for morton. boom.

if it rains don't play PJ...he didn't have a second attempt tonight.

mckenzie is in our best 22...we should not drop him if possible. he set goals up tonight that you probably didn't realise.

thoughts?

Jamar had his worst game for the year tonight. I thought if anything PJ was more effective in the ruck

McKenzie is a must, not only for his tackling but for his run and carry. He is the surprise packet of the season for mine.

I suggest if it had have been dry tonight we would hyave won by 5 goals.

In: Bail if fit. He has a quad injury I think.

Out Dunn. Must have kicked about 1 goal and 10 behinds this year. ( I want to kick the umpires behinds :mad: )

McKenzie is a must, not only for his tackling but for his run and carry. He is the surprise packet of the season for mine.

He was missed last week, thats for sure. He impresses me each and every game he plays. So excited about the future of the MFC.

Jamar had his worst game for the year tonight. I thought if anything PJ was more effective in the ruck

I suggest if it had have been dry tonight we would hyave won by 5 goals.

jamar got beat tonight...i agree.

i don't think we would have won by 5 goals on a dry night...i think we would have gotten beaten easier.

listen to baileys post match address...it will give good insight into why we came bak...it has no mention of the weather or conditions.

Peter Gonis (goal umpire) given a holiday (and training in assertiveness).

One boundary ump (don't know his name yet) sacked totally.

Umpires to only ever wear neutral colours from now on.

Otherwise, tonight's team performed amazingly well, good enough to beat most football teams (not yet quite good enough to beat a team of woeful umpires as well). If conditions wet, swap PJ for Bail or Maric.

GREAT EFFORT DEES, the final siren was gut-wrenching for you I know but you played well enough to beat them fair and square (which just didn't happen).

In Morton - Will only need one game to get some touch and run back...sort of guy who would regain fitness pretty quick...

Out Very stiff but most likely Bartram or Dunn....but both have been in career best form....PJ or Rivers a chance also....

In Morton - Will only need one game to get some touch and run back...sort of guy who would regain fitness pretty quick...

Out Very stiff but most likely Bartram or Dunn....but both have been in career best form....PJ or Rivers a chance also....

Ill go with Rivers & Dunn

Morton, Bail or Cheney to come it.

Edited by Sturmmann

did bartram do enough tonight?

imo...rivers could be dropped...he just doesn't seem to fit into our team any more.

dunn could be swapped for morton. boom.

if it rains don't play PJ...he didn't have a second attempt tonight.

mckenzie is in our best 22...we should not drop him if possible. he set goals up tonight that you probably didn't realise.

thoughts?

Bartram was OK, he worked hard & pressured well, ok by foot mostly.

"rivers could be dropped", possibly, but I'd persist with him. He's struggling for form atmo, but we need to see if he can adapt to this new team structure & game style.

PJ was effective tonight, I was surprised, but went well. No superstar.

I think McKenzie is our Most, important player atmo, he links us up like no other. Beautifull hands to feed off the ball from the clinches & great creative running. A pure footballer.

Uh, Dunn, he can be an important player for us & I think the footy dept know this. I think they also know his Best Footy in through the middle as a tagger, but they could be trying to build/improve his other skills whilst we have some injuries to our forwards. Don't drop him put him in the mids.

Oh, hang on, that means we'd drop one of the kids. Wait, leave him forward till another tall forward puts their hand up to play.

Edited by dee-luded

Difficult to say until Casey have played but at this early stage I'd go with:

IN: Bail, Watts

OUT: Dunn, Hughes (Hughes unlucky).

Watching the replay and thus far can't see a lot of what is being said here.

I've seen Dunn working hard and making an option all over the ground, particularly up forward, as well as laying some good tackles. I've also seen him win the ball back with a couple of fine second efforts.

I've seen Rivers lead his opponent to the ball in every contest and put his body on the line to win a pile of contested ball.

A number of people here seem to go to games with pre-conceived verdicts on how players will play which then aren't altered by what happens in the game.

Bartram's another that suffers from this, he's been back to his first year form all season but he gets no recognition here.

Without having read the majority of this thread...

In: Bail

Out: Dunn

Dunn was shocking again last night. It's unfair on the players struggling at Casey to get a game for Melbourne to watch our games and see Dunn put in pathetic effort after pathetic effort. For him to have played 7 consecutive games is a travesty, and it's a knock on the selection committee who have otherwise done a pretty decent job so far in 2010.

One example (of many) last night was in the 4th, he was open at CHF, but he waited for the kick to come to him rather than move forward to present to the ball. Then when the Dogs player cut it off, he stood there and shrugged his shoulders instead of chasing. Pathetic.

If Bail's not fit then we could look at Cheney or Strauss for some extra run. This is of course assuming Morton's not ready. If he is then the choice is obvious.

Johnson was useless, as I'm sure most of us predicted, but with Naitanui and Cox next week unfortunately we need a second ruckman. And I'm guessing the FD aren't going to bring Martin back.

If Morton's ready to go then he comes in for Dunn. If not, then no change.

I think Bail's been out for too long to walk straight back in to the side now.

agree, he'll come back via Casey, Morton will also probably get one more game to get some conditioning back. No change unless Gysberts plays a blinder for Casey.

I don't think Dunn will be dropped and like most (probably none more so than Lynden himself) I'm frustrated at his lack of finishing. Dunn is working his butt off to play the other high half forward role and get to the right positions. He got 19 possessions (6 contested) in tough conditions - he was far from disgraced.

Edited by grazman

Should Bailey make any changes for next week? If we had won I doubt we would have but we only lost by 4 points. I can't see who is pushing. Watts is still a few weeks away, Hughes deserves to keep his spot and we will need to keep PJ in the team because Jamar will need backup for Nic Nat and Cox.

Speaking of Bail. Anyone know where he is at? He's not listed for Casey this weekend, and nothing from the club. :(

Rohan was interviewed in the Hassett Room at halftime. He said he copped a corkie against Richmond which should've been a 1 week injury, unfortunately he's ran into some complications. Details were a bit vague but he said there was some nerve damage. If he said how long he would be out for I didn't hear.

• Like 1

Rohan was interviewed in the Hassett Room at halftime. He said he copped a corkie against Richmond which should've been a 1 week injury, unfortunately he's ran into some complications. Details were a bit vague but he said there was some nerve damage. If he said how long he would be out for I didn't hear.

That sucks. He was in such good form. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Thanks for the info. Btw, where's the Hassett Room?

Dunn's first woeful game, but it's enough to see him banished if you ask me. He missed too many; lacks the class of those around him. I hate to see good play end up with a simple uncontested Dunn mark only 30 metres out. You know it's a point before he's even kicked it. So I've gone anti-Dunn. Bail would have been better value and I hope he's ready next week.

I'd keep PJ in the side; he wasn't too bad. Jamar was alright at the bounces but didn't do enough around the ground.

I can't imagine Morton being rushed into the side. There's just no reason to take a risk with such a quality player.

Bartram has been mentioned a few times; yes, he's resurrected himself, but I think it was his mistake that allowed the dogs to get that last goal - he kept rolling it along in front of him when he should have kicked it clear, off the ground. Still, plenty of players on both sides made mistakes. His just happened to be the match-turner at the last minute. I'd keep him though.

BTW, Hughes showed a bit. I'd give him another go; I'd like to see him in dry conditions. He has balance and poise.