Changes for next week

MadAsHell

Given the wraps for Miller's BOG effort at Casey, he has to be a real chance of a return this week with Petterd gone.

PJ also was highly rated and might be considered because what we need is a body at FF rather than CHF. Still Miller pushing up and Green and Bate leading into the space created is a possibility.

Also Cheney evidently played a ripper at Casey - could be time for him to get a run.

I hate to say it but Rivers did not impress yesterday, but I think the FD will give him another run.

Me? I'd lose Bruce cos he butchers it, but that's probably not going to happen

My ins and outs (which are completely irrelevant):

IN Cheney Johnson McKenzie

OUT Petterd Bruce Rivers/Bartram

I forgot Bartram - I'd drop Bartram just for letting that weasel Harvey run around him in the 3rd quarter to goal. That was one weak effort. So that gives Rivers a chance to find something. Ditto Joel Mac who someone else rightly said should not be punished for one bad one (but Oh what a shocker).

do you even know what football is? do you have any idea about the game?

clint bartram was great read the papers, watch the game. take note clint bartram

"The Demons were well served by Clint Bartram who seems to have returned to the high standards of his debut season"

tuesday morning 12:30pm watch one see one of the only players that tried there arse off on a very poor day for the boys, where is was hard to find any good players.

you should delete your account and barrack for essendon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartram ??? please he has been great since coming back in, Maric does not deserve a spot, Newton capable of taking a pack mark since when? , Bail and Mckenzie yep agree there we need their run out Petterd and Martin

bartram your kidding, maric is struggling at casey. he doesnt deserve a game.

do you even know what football is? do you have any idea about the game?

clint bartram was great read the papers, watch the game. take note clint bartram

"The Demons were well served by Clint Bartram who seems to have returned to the high standards of his debut season"

tuesday morning 12:30pm watch one see one of the only players that tried there arse off on a very poor day for the boys, where is was hard to find any good players.

you should delete your account and barrack for essendon.

you're hilarious

Out: Ricky, MacDonald (or Rivers, although I think they will give Rivers a couple of weeks to show something), Dunn

In: McKenzie (if fit), Bail (if fit), Strauss

I want to see more runners in the side, hence why I included Strauss. He can kick and he needs as much experience as possible.

The other option is to bring in Cheney, as reward for form, and release Grimes into the middle.

Some of these posts! Double GASP!!

Dunn - one his better games. Clearly needed in the side at the moment.

Bartram - has played well virtually all season. He is disciplined, tackles well and his disposal has improved.

Garland - missed virtually an entire year of football. A poor game against the 'roos but he has enormous upside.

Edited by Prof

Out: Petterd, Dunn (I had liked his aggression but he is a spud), Martin (looks like a fish out of water. Don't bring him back again until he proves he can read the play), Rivers, MacDonald (he's supposed to be experienced, didn't show it). The only tall we need is Jamar. The rest just reduce our running game and add nothing. I still maintain we are a much better team than North and it was really disappointing that they were able to suffocate our running game so easily. We have zero to lose against the Bulldogs, who are also a fast team, so let the runners off the leash (Strauss, McKenzie, Bail, whoever else has some zip).

just reading the herald sun,,,the best this week for Casey were Miller, Johnson, Cheney, McNamara, Gysberts, McGough.

is it worth throwing in Gysberts for a run? i choose gysberts because he's a first year player...

Edited by disco_demon

I think that changes for next week should be based around rectifying this weeks inept tackling and applying pressure across the ground. This was what killed us yesterday. Players looked pedestrian and so often I spotted players standing still or failing to help a teammate out by chasing or providing a 2nd effort. Where was the gang tackling, the constant harassing to prevent turnovers?

A large part of why we were playing good football up until yesterday, was our tackling pressure and putting our opposition under pressure (particularly in the forward line and across the middle). For me our back 6 was way too tall at times yesterday, and not mobile enough to create the run that we desperately needed. Unfortunately there was very, very little effort at applying pressure to force turnovers.

I'd like to see the following changes made for next week based on the above:

In: McKenzie, Newton, Cheney

Out: Petterd (inj), Martin, Rivers

With the following changes: Davey to spend significantly more of the game across the half forward forward line and when he is rotated, I like to see him rotate with Grimes across the half back flank (rather than Davey go into the middle) with Grimes being pushed into the middle.

Whilst much has been written about Newton, I think he's our most effective tallish forward at applying pressure and chasing. Whilst his skills let him down, I believe he applies much greater forward pressure than Martin & Miller and is effective at providing a forward rucking role. With Petterd out injured, we need someone who is going to present, chase and apply pressure and I don't think Miller or Martin are up to it.

Cheney to come in as a smaller backman to provide run, tackling pressure and a better match up against the Doggies.

Outs- Petterd if injured - Martin - Joel Mac

Ins - Jordie - Bail/Strauss if Bail not fit - Cheney

Dunn can play forward/ruck Cheney can take over from Joel Mac

Joel Mac has played two bad games and they were both pressure games where we have been beaten I am beginning to see why Voss cut him.

Martin has a long way to go before he is capable of fitting in to a potential flag team.

First things first: there is no point, no point at all, in bringing in Johnson, Newton or Miller. None of them are the future, none of them are any good, and none of them are required for the Bulldogs. Bringing any of them in would be a step backwards.

Batram was good yesterday. Did his role. People loved Dunn's work on Brennan last week, but Bartram did a better job on a better player. And the talk of dropping Garland (or giving him a 'warning') is absurd. He was great yesterday.

Again, Dunn will be protected by the statistics, which lie. Yes, he took marks, got 20 odd disposals and had numerous inside 50s. But he made countless basic errors, some of those inside 50s were useless and gave us no advantage at all, and his influence wasn't that great. Bennell was poor too. He's just got to start giving 4 quarter performances. Rivers was poor, we lost run by selecting him, and he goes.

McKenzie should be fit (general soreness suggests to me he was dropped for Rivers, which if true is disappointing on many levels) and is an automatic inclusion. We missed his run, his clearance work, his endeavour, his kicking and his tackling. Bail, if fit, comes in too. More run needed.

Martin stays. He's a better choice than any other ruck/forward we have on the list at the moment. PJ is terrible.

I'd be looking at Cheney and McNamara as possible inclusions. McNamara to go forward in Petterd's place.

Watts to stay at Casey until he proves he's good enough.

In: McKenzie, Bail/Cheney, McNamara

Out: Petterd, Dunn, Rivers

Martin stays. He's a better choice than any other ruck/forward we have on the list at the moment. PJ is terrible.

Johnson not worth a punt? Martin was no good yesterday both forward and in the ruck. Johnson has been in the best for Casey for a few weeks in a row now. With him in the ruck Jamar can start forward. I think Cheney needs to come also in to give the backline some balance. I thought Frawley, MacDonald and Rivers were all ordinary yesterday, MacDonald to miss for mine.

Bail (run) and McKenzie (tackling) are required if fit.

In: Bail, Cheney, Johnson, McKenzie

Out: Bennell, MacDonald, Martin, Petterd (injured).

In; McKenzie, Bail (if fit)

Out; Petterd, Dunn

Martin FF. I am not expecting a "win" from anyone we can chuck there against Lake this week- and sacrificing one of our stars for a "break even" will not suffice. Keep Martin in the square, put it on his head. He marks it or he doesn't- which brings me onto my next point-

Davey stays in the forward 50. We need Davey and Bennell to provide some good "forward pressure", we all see what Harbrow did against St Kilda the other day. I am not expecting too many contested marks in our forward 50 so we are going to need crumbers 'a plenty'

In - Watts and McKenzie

Out - Petterd injured and one of either Martin/Rivers/MacDonald.

Bail reinjured his quad on Friday at training and is not available.

MacDonald was terrible and I reinforce what Ive said earlier, being that I don't think he's much good & I can see why Voss rejected him.

That being said, I'd keep him in the team - he is filling a role in defense that needs to be played if we are successful and our other defenders (garland, frawley, warnock) need to get used to have another player in that role rather than trying to fill it themselves until Strauss, Cheney or another player can take over.

Right now he's the best we have for that spot.

If I dropped him it'd be for Fetta.

If we play Rivers, Warnock, Garland, Frawley and Macdonald the dogs small forwards will kick a bag against us. One need to go Rivers has to be in the gun, Frawley, MacDonald and Garland can play tall and short. Bruce will get Brad Johnson, Warnock to Hall, Garland to Grant, Frawley to Higgins, Bartram to Aka, Grimes completes to back six.

Our forwards, is it just me or is Bennell getting away with playing 1 good quarter of footy per week. Yesterday he wasn't sited for three quarters but once we got our run on in the 3rd he got into the game. Replace him with McKenzie, Martin is looking lost PJ needs 4-5 games to show us if he is worth keeping next year. As for Miller and Newton they will not be on our list in 2011 keep them at Casey.

My team

Bartram Warnock Frawley

Grimes Garland Bruce

Scully Moloney Trengove

Sylvia Bate Watts

Green PJ Davey

Jamar Jones McDonald Cheney

Dunn McKenzie MacDonald

In Watts PJ McKenzie Cheney

Out Rivers Bennell Martin Petterd

We need to increase our options accross half forward, Watts is ready, he will learn more by playing at AFL level then he will playing for Casey. I don't cop the excuse his body isn't ready, a lot of players running around dont have the size yet but they are still learning at the highest level. We don't play him on Lake push him a high Half forward. 2010 is the year we get games into our young players and more importantly get them playing together, we have heard that all preseason and beside PJ my ins reflect the clubs objective.

I've assembled the general opinions posted here over the weekend and have reached a united Demonland conclusion:

Out: Grimes, Watts (delist), Garland, Frawley, Trengove

In: Meesen, Newton, Miller, PJ, Grgic

Edited by Jaded

I've assembled the general opinions posted here over the weekend and have reached a united Demonland conclusion:

Out: Grimes, Watts (delist), Garland

In: Meesen, Newton, Miller

You forgot to drop Frawley for the ghost of Brent Grgic.

Out: Rivers, Martin, Petterd

In: Jordie, Bail, Cheney

We need run, we don't need 2 real ruckman (other teams need 5 ruckman and Chuck Norris to compete with Jamar).

Cheney deserves a run, Riv deserves to be dropped.

If Miller plays I'll spew and pretend i'm not going.

Out: Rivers, Martin, Petterd

In: Jordie, Bail, Cheney

Same changes as me, but with much less words. :P

Great minds and all that.

Though the word around the street is that Bail will probably not be available.