I have egg on my face

deeflog

Time that i came out and admitted it....

I was one calling for McDonald to retire at the end of last season!!

Has he proven me wrong, and rubbed a packet of dozen eggs in my face.

I also think its time that everyone who doubted him also, come out and acknowledge you were wrong.

Don't be scared now, there is no shame admitting you got one wrong

While I had no qualms about Junior playing on, I did feel he wasn't the right fit for captain.

However, he has been a true leader of a young team in the first 4 rounds and is playing the kind of football that won him 2 B&Fs!

Edited by DemonWorshipper

Time that i came out and admitted it....

I was one calling for McDonald to retire at the end of last season!!

Has he proven me wrong, and rubbed a packet of dozen eggs in my face.

I also think its time that everyone who doubted him also, come out and acknowledge you were wrong.

Don't be scared now, there is no shame admitting you got one wrong

At least you admitted it unlike some who will still say nothing

I did question whether he was the right man to lead the team, but that question has been emphatically answered. He is usually the man that turns games around for us as he did today in the first quarter when it looked as though the Tiges were getting on a roll.

It wasn't just the fact that there were plenty calling for his head it was they way some went about it. Junior has been a great servant of the club and on Demonology in particular, some of the posters were completely disrespectful towards him, some of the comments were disgraceful. But is was the usual suspects who prefer to read there own garbage and feel they know more than the players and the coach. Well done Junior.

Yes JMac has proved me wrong this year, I have always been a fan but thought the game was too quick for him. I never wanted him to look slow and old

But so far he is being creative when he gets the ball, more than earning his spots.

I am happily proved wrong-Good on ya Junior-you may still get to play in september again.

Great captains game today-Well done. B) B) B)

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I thought it was one year too many but I reckon his last couple of games have been some of the best I have seen from him. Very happy to be wrong.

At least you admitted it unlike some who will still say nothing

Congrats deeflog. More of a real poster than some here. Even mods.

I don't think I ever recall saying he should have been let go. When I heard he was staying I was more than a bit confused...

But if I'm being honest I was firmly on the "retire Junior" bandwagon, even if I didn't let on that I was.

Love him. Love what he's done for this club as a thankless captain and leader in his twilight footy years. Given his pedigree, an unbelievable career. Will go down as a great demon player.

Guest watts04

I have read Jmac wants to play again next year and I can't see why not.....

Just loves the club and we have a leadership void until Watts, Pettard, Grimes, Trenners, Scully etc take this club ova

Never been one to ride Junior, but I will say this. 2010 still could be his last season. He has been sensational, but one major injury will be curtains for Junior. He won't rehab for 8 months to maybe come back next year. Sad but true.

Enjoy every minute of this lion hearted leader. His intensity has rubbed off on the kids, making us a fierce tacking team.

Junior has proven not just the demons faithful wrong, but every competitor supporter who believes Junior to be a lesser AFL captain. Doing more of the dirty inside work than any other AFL captain.

Well done thus far Junior, we hope we can get another season out of you!! Absolute champion!

Junior is like the Sydney Football Club, every year you think their time has come, and every year they find a way to sustain success.

Junior is a remarkable footballer, because he is a top player and a top leader, but is probably one of the least talented players in our side.

He is living proof that heart and the will to be great is more important than top skills.

I thought he should have retired, but I'd be thrilled if he went again in 2011. He is great for our young team, because he is the best leader by example.

The way he's playing, it's not unreasonable to mention him in the same breath as Brett Kirk. Great leadership qualities, hard working, runs all day and has moulded himself into one of the best tacklers in the competition.

I probably said the same about junior, can't remember, but if he maintains this form throughout the season I don't see a way that he can't be All-Australian.

He defies his age in the truest sense of the phrase.

In reply to the thread, yes i also wanted him to retire last year.

Creates another spot on the list and captain, thank god i wasn't in charge :)

The way he's going he could play next year!

Still a long year ahead though.

Edited by Carn dees

Deeflog - I am more than happy to say that I have not been a big fan of Junior's for many years. I have taken a lot of interest in him this year with a young list, and admit that he is playing a massive role in the development of the entire team. It is obvious he has the respect from fellow players, coaching staff, and even the opposition. At this stage, I think he could be a vital resource for 2011. However, let's get to the end of 2010 before we even dream about 2011 - while he seems to be getting better with age, that stops at some stage.

I always thought that he was in the best 22, I just thought he would be best in a back pocket or h-b flank - I thought his elite midfield days were behind him. I never doubted his ability to lead, and he's shown that he is one of the best captains in the league at the moment. What a legend! All-Australian at 33?