McDonald - wonderful captain's game

Moloney - loved his endeavour

Petterd - not as dangerous

Scully - improving each week

Trengove - this week's nomination

Warnock - obliterated all opposition

McKenzie - improved beyond expectations

Newton - played important role

Dunn made so many errors it virtually cancelled out any good he did early on. So many basic errors.

Bate is damn slow, and makes too many errors when he has the ball up the ground. Too often he cuts back in, then gets too close to the man on the mark. But he did kick 2 goals in the third quarter which got us going and he looked better this week than last. Not playing well, but I think with more game time he'll improve.

Defence outstanding.

McKenzie good again. He and McDonald make a formidable tackling duo.

Everyone played a part today, but Bruce was terrible on Burton and is not cut out to play a key defensive role. Why he was on Burton to begin with, when we had a full selection of defenders to choose from, I don't know.

Dunn made infuriating mistakes which are unacceptable, given he has been around for so long.

Newton, IMO is a lost cause. He tries hard, no doubt about it, but he is nowhere near good enough to be an AFL player.

Frawley and Grimes are outstanding! :wub: :wub:

Edited by Jaded

lmao Newton - played important role? He struggled in against a backline that is hampered by injury. Can't believe this guy still gets a game.

You know very little about footy.

Great game from Newton today before he copped that knock to the knee. I can actually see him holding his spot this year. His defensive pressure is ridiculously good considering his size.

Frawley completely shut Burton down 2nd half and should have been on him much earlier. Agree about Newton he is improving. Bartram was surprisingly steady in tight and applied plenty of pressure.

Great game from Newton today before he copped that knock to the knee. I can actually see him holding his spot this year. His defensive pressure is ridiculously good considering his size.

Newton was appalling. Yes, he does have some good bulk, but he is slow, poor at reading the play and drops marks. 5 kicks was not useful.

Swap Martin for him.

Not sure the need for these 3 word player analysis sorry Joe Boy - tends to make not much sense at all.

Bruce - far from reliable all game

Garland - wasn't steady and reliable today. He will get better, but wasn't steady and reliable

Newton - What was the important role? He was woeful. I stuck up for him just last week, saying the club need to give him 6 games to prove his worth, I think he has proved it over the past few seasons. Not long until he's Gawn, sorry, Gone!

McKenzie did not pick up 4,000,000 tackle today, WTF!!! I love this kid.

Bail again was awesome today, he is a great player who will just get better

on the other side of the coin, Scully needs improving, no doubt he will become a HUGE part in the MFC, but at times he just does not seem 100%, especially when there was a vacant gaol square and should have loaded up... FAIL.

He will become a elite footballer with game time, still love the kid :)

Everyone played a part today, but Bruce was terrible on Burton and is not cut out to play a key defensive role. Why he was on Burton to begin with, when we had a full selection of defenders to choose from, I don't know.

Dunn made infuriating mistakes which are unacceptable, given he has been around for so long.

Newton, IMO is a lost cause. He tries hard, no doubt about it, but he is nowhere near good enough to be an AFL player.

Bruce is not a KP defender. He filled in for Rivers. And it showed. Once we made the move (I assume because Hentschel went down which freed up Frawley) it was the end of Adelaide.

Dunn has got to eradicate the basic, basic errors from his game. I see improvement and maybe a future, but we can't keep him in while he makes so many mistakes.

Possibly the worst post I've ever seen.

OK, so that's exaggerating. But Newton does nothing to suggest he should hold his spot. The reason he shows (possibly) half-decent defensive pressure is because he continutes to spill marks and fail to present as a target.

Scully would get my vote along with Bruce for players who were well below par today. There were a couple of instances where he hung off his player for seemingly no reason, and when he had the ball he held on to it for too long which is rather uncharacteristic for him.

I Thought Newton did OK today given he had 2 and 3 opponents and atrocious delivery into the forward line. I'm happy to see him there until Watts is ready and way before Miller.

Bartram had a decent 2nd half

Bruce found the ball a lot and butchered it again.

Bennell is very unpredictable apart from knowing that Davey will always look for him. That's his value to the side - as well as some decent skills.

Scully was below par but wont hold that against him.

MacKenzie is super impressive - he just goes and goes. I hope he doesn't have to return to the rookie list ever!

Bruce is better used up forward and in the middle of the ground than down back. Burton destroyed him early, but Brucey made a mends by working hard around the ground.

Bruce must not be used down back anymore. We have many capable guys who can fill a back 6 role. If Bruce is to prosper in this young side he must be used in an attacking role.

Newton had a few nice bumps, but did not do enough to lock down a spot for next week. Paul Johnson is better at ground level than Newton, and is just as good a mark. Newtons ruck work however does deserve some praise. Did well in forward 50 ruck contests.

There are some spots available in that forward 6, lets be honest! Dunn/Bate/Newton all did some good things, but were also responsible for some less memorable moments.

Scully is working hard. It is his long bombs to our opposition that tarnish his good work. This will happen less as he gets some games under his belt. At least he had the balls to kick the ball when at times it seemed like we had forgotten how to kick the thing.

Bruce is a mere shadow of the player he once was. You could've put your house on him missing both set shots he had today.

How many players missed from that end and i think only 3 were scored there all day the wind was deceptively strong today

Can't see how Bruce was reliable all game. Killed by Burton and had some shocking disposal errors.

Frawley was absolutely outstanding. Becoming such a consistent player.

I liked Bartram's game and also thought Macdonald was quite solid.

Another vote for Bartram from me.

He is not and will never be a class player, but is a very good tagger and it's good that now being surrounded by quality players, he can be used solely to shut down his opponent, which he does very reliably.

We shouldn't underestimate the importance of the small defender, and Bartram has done a great job two weeks in a row now. Not everyone can be superstars, and as long as we don't rely on Bartram to create the play, he has a spot in the side.

Trengove should have been pick number 1.

Probably hard on Scully considering his 3rd game of his AFL career but turning into an Adelaide player and getting tackled was just shocking. Really hope he lifts next week because he's got the talent there.

Dunn/Newton battled hard got a lot of the ball and presented well (especially Dunn leading up the ground - 10 marks) some clangers were shocking but that's what happens when you recruit forwards and give them very little game time or play them as mid-fielders when they're forwards (RE Dunn).

Sylvia in next week.

Wonna I wouldnt waste our time on IMHO.

Rivers in next week but who to take out???

Bruce played on Burton for about 5 minutes. Joel McDonald had him early on.

The quicker Dunn is out of the side the better. Did some nice things but will make 2 errors for every good thing he shows.

My Take:

Bail - Attacked the footy hard again and we need a few solid blokes like him to complement our speedsters.

Bartram - Playing like he's got something to prove! Hard at it today and executed skills well.

Bate - Worked his way into it and will again be better for the run. His best is still a few weeks away.

Bennell - Clearly stung by last week's criticism and played a ripping game across half forward. Pace to burn.

Bruce - Got towelled by Burton early but fought back and was in our best 10 by the finish.

Davey - Not as prolific as last week but hurt Adelaide with his foot skills. An elite AFL talent.

Dunn - Hate to say it but just don't think he's up to it. What's with the shocking set shot kicking action?

Frawley - Rose to a new level today and just crashes through half back like a bull at a gate. Great game.

Garland - Should be happy with his first game for 2010. Adds balance and flexibility to our backline.

Green - Held his leads well and again showed sure hands under pressure. Quality footballer.

Grimes - Would get a game in any AFL backline, Geelong included. Absolute star and our future captain.

Jamar - Has taken his game to a new level and thrashed maric in the ruck today. Love the Big Russian's aggression.

Jones - Quiet today but couldn't questions his commitment. Kicked a telling last quater goal.

MacDonald - Did okay and I like the way he reads the play. Still got quesations marks on his pace.

McDonald - Turned back the clock! 10 tackles and the sealing goal to put him in the best.

Moloney - Takes on the tough bullocking role week after week and does it very well. In the best 8 today.

Petterd - Tried hard but blustery conditions didn't suit. Will cut Richmond up next week.

Scully - Still finding his feet at the level. Knows how to find the footy, just needs to be more effective with it.

Trengove - Deserves a rising star nomination this week after a quality 23 possession display. Oozes class.

Warnock - Very good key backman's game. Made his opponent work for everything and didn't give an inch of space.

McKenzie - Contributed without being a standout. A hard nut who can pinch hit on the ball.

Newton - Until Watts and Jurrah et al come into the side, keep him in. Better than Miller but certainly not up to it long term.

Bruce was beaten by Burton and I thought so so today. Experienced players like him need to nail opportunities.

Newton tried hard but has done nothing to suggest to me he can make it.

Try as he might, Dunn makes basic basic errors and some really stupid decisions. I am not sure he belongs at this level.

Jamar and Frawley were magnificent today. Outstanding. Grimes was absolutely superb. Tough as nails and all class.

Jones disposal still worries me despite his endeavour.

Moloney was just went today IMO.

Trengove and Scully will be better for the run.

Bruce played on Burton for about 5 minutes. Joel McDonald had him early on.

The quicker Dunn is out of the side the better. Did some nice things but will make 2 errors for every good thing he shows.

I have to agree re: Dunn. As players such as Sylvia, Morton, Wonaeamirri, Rivers etc. push for selection, Dunn I think will have to make way. He is showing some improvement I think, but the errors he makes just ruin his game.

Bruce spent longer than 5 minutes on Burton. What it showed was that he is just horrible as a key position defender. Rivers should take that role, which will mean Bruce won't have to play that role again.

Another vote for Bartram from me.

He is not and will never be a class player, but is a very good tagger and it's good that now being surrounded by quality players, he can be used solely to shut down his opponent, which he does very reliably.

We shouldn't underestimate the importance of the small defender, and Bartram has done a great job two weeks in a row now. Not everyone can be superstars, and as long as we don't rely on Bartram to create the play, he has a spot in the side.

Good call on Bartram he was very good today and played his part.

Scully will be better when we actually play him on ball where he belongs. In saying this though he is getting valuable experience until his body is ready to handle the rigours of playing on ball.