Brock McLean

The guy is a scumbag.

As mentioned above, other players donated and some looked uncomfortable when asked about it. Not Brock, he'd tell anyone that would listen. He's a bit of [censored] that thinks he's a bit of a hero.

Having said all that, I am laying off him.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what match you watched last Thursday night, but I was at the Gabba and thought McLean was woeful. He kicked one good goal, but the rest of his posessions were cheap or ineffective. He looked slow when tagging Black.

Was more than happy boo-ing him all night - not one Brisbane or Carlton supporter could understand why! They didn't seem to care, until I started on the over-paid, overated Warnock!!!

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

After last season at a function I attended someone asked Chris Connolly about Brock, why he'd failed to reach his 2006 standards. His reply was--simple--not properly fit since then.

His only fitness problems was his lung capacity. If he laid off the smokes his engine wouldn't have given up on him. Seen him puffin the darts numerous times old Chooka.

I'm amazed at the number of posters who still want to have a crack at Brock.

This is the only player [so far as I'm aware] to put his own money [$10,000] into the debt reduction. At that time commentators were amazed--players just don't do this sort of thing!

After last season at a function I attended someone asked Chris Connolly about Brock, why he'd failed to reach his 2006 standards. His reply was--simple--not properly fit since then. He recounted the history which all of us should know.

Outstanding 2006 especially the final v St Kilda,

broke his foot round 1 of 2007 against St Kilda [i recall we lead 5 goals to 2 at the time and lost, the first of 8 losses was it}

injured pre-season in 2008 and had no preseason before struggling onto the field for round 1

ditto in 2009--again, no real pre-season. Connolly went on to add that in 2008 McLean had insisted on playing Round 1 when half-fit, because iof te terrible state of the playing list. Connolly said "we were mad to let him play--it put him back" He then added--'let's give him a decent preseason--you'll see him regain his pace"

I don't know why the club and Brock could not reach agreement but I reckon he's a first-rate player and last Friday night he showed it in my view. I'm sick of people bagging him.

Good old Brock for Donating, But he did walk away from the club without giving us that big pre season, and chose to make his home at Corruption Park.

Hopefully we may win enough games for him to regret that decision this year. If he had put in that big preseason he would have got a game, but he had to earn the big contract.

But he chose to sook, so i lose no sleep over giving Brock a spray. It was entirely his choice.

Get over it.

Not sure what match you watched last Thursday night, but I was at the Gabba and thought McLean was woeful. He kicked one good goal, but the rest of his posessions were cheap or ineffective. He looked slow when tagging Black.

Found his game against Brisbane was a typical reflection of his last few years at Melbourne. Racked up 20 plus possessions. Half of them decent, quite a few others that missed targets and a few that were woeful turnovers resulting in goals to the opposition.

Just watch Ratten slowly take himself down as he justifies his selections of Warnock and Brock by having to play them each week. It will be sooner rather than later they will cost them important games.

I will bag Brock if he plays bad, I will bah him when he plays against us. Why? Because he plays for another team.

I am greatful he donated money, but so did many other players and many other people. There were also many other people on way less money than him who donated.

If that is the best he has done for the club, good on him, but people who stay at the club and give their all are much better than him.

A waste of time topic, and I am not sure why I replied. Must be that I am on holidays and have too much tiime on my hands.

PS. I think I will be much happier seeing any of our recent draft picks dominating a game in the future rather than Brock slowly accumulating 20 average touches.

Brock Mclean is the most respected player in the AFL. He WILL captain us, He WILL lead us to a premiership, and he WILL play his entire career at the Melbourne Football Club.

No but on a serious note, I have no respect for a player who simply wants out of a club. I could handle Scotty Thompson, and he handled it like a true gentleman. He wanted to go home, but made it quite clear that if we couldn't get a reasonable trade going, he'd be happy to stay. Farmer I could also handle, because he stuck with us for so long, despite so many issues off-field and back at home in WA.

At first I thought there must have been something behind the scenes, but after hearing what Moloney said about him at a presentation during the pre-season, I think it was just a matter of him not getting what he wanted, having a sissy fit and walking out.

Screw him.

Edited by calabreseboy

The guy is a scumbag.

As mentioned above, other players donated and some looked uncomfortable when asked about it. Not Brock, he'd tell anyone that would listen. He's a bit of [censored] that thinks he's a bit of a hero.

Having said all that, I am laying off him.

yeah, well you obviously are! Kind of you!

Funny, but officials discussing Brock's 10k with a group of us trying to raise money, didn't mention contribs by other players. Would have thought it well worthwhile at least saying something such as "--the players as a group have put in 100k"--or whatever.

yeah, well you obviously are! Kind of you!

Funny, but officials discussing Brock's 10k with a group of us trying to raise money, didn't mention contribs by other players. Would have thought it well worthwhile at least saying something such as "--the players as a group have put in 100k"--or whatever.

Stuey, considering your topic has turned out to be quite counter-productive in the end, I'd let it lie.

I agree that Brock should not be too badly bad-mouthed, but us supporters are a sensitive bunch. This one hurt us all deeply and some people feel betrayed. They want to lash out a bit. So what if a few posters unleash with some off-the-cuff remarks about a player we once loved? He hurt us badly and went to the one club that would rile us the most. He left us at our time of direst need. He was once a beacon of hope and now is a symbol of all that's bad in modern day sport. Whether people are justified or not in expressing these opinions, I think what most people here are actually trying to express is their pain at losing a player they once saw as a big part in providing a future for the MFC, to a club we see as unholy and corrupt.

Like Judd, Warnock, and Johnson..........Brock chose Carlton over the MFC...........as stated earlier, he is now fair game!

We've lost nothing from a playing perspective with Brock leaving the club.

I'll be booing him when we play Carlton though as it just seems like the right thing to do.......as a number 5 draft pick, he can't expect to leave and not be given grief about it!

Love that gamesmanship. I hope somebody puts it up on youtube, stat.

It was funny in the way it was delivered... Almost like he had to do it.. there was no thought, no consequence.. it was casual as you like, almost felt like it was on behalf of all of us..

I set the game to tape on the 'ol foxtel IQ, so it's in that box now. How do I get this to the masses?

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I'm usually a peaceable person but watching him on the Footy Show I have an urge to punch him in the face.

I'm usually a peaceable person but watching him on the Footy Show I have an urge to punch him in the face.

If it had have been Sylvia or Moloney or Jones, I would feel the same, but we lose little with Brock gone.

The pace of the game increases every season.......he won't be able to keep up much longer.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

He was an arrogant git on the footy show last night. Was not funny, no personality and tried to play smart!! Stick to the burnouts you bogan!!!

Thx for the cash though. My girlfriend kept yelling at my last night "Who are you talking to?" every time he came on I would find myself screaming profanities at the TV. I can't stand the bloke now. Pimple faced, holden ute driving BOGAN!!!! He is where he belongs.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Not that it really matters but can anyone verify or disprove this (and I know it is an old article but I'm stirring a Carlscum supporter about culture :) ) :

Before the ball was bounced in the Blues’ pre-season opener, McLean refused to shake hands with Sydney Swans captain Brett Kirk, dividing opinion in the football world.

McLean said it was the third or fourth time Kirk had tried to shake his hand before a game, and the Swans skipper knew the response he would get.

“That’s my belief, I don’t shake anyone’s hand before the game,” McLean said. “I’ll be the first bloke to do it after the game.

Link

Edit:I should have clarified that I was wondering if he had always refused to shake hands.

Edited by Rojik of the Arctic

I find it funny how all of a sudden Brock is now on the Footy Show. Last year no one would want to hear form him..... I reckon a job at 9 could compensate for a lower salary....

Whatever the case. I will be booing him when we play the filth.