• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dean Bailey on Footy Classified

dees189227

Yes he can. It does get annoying at times, but overall it's probably necessary.

The other thing I don't like is his St Kilda bias. But other than those, really he's a good part of the team.

Yeah look i thought this would happen, i've had this argument with people on demonland before. I just don't see why people care, or take advice from a washed up player and coach. But thats just my opinion, like the show apart from him..... actually hutchy annoys me aswell haha

It also annoys me that every time something about s.kilda is talked about, they always go to Grant like he is some guru.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect fireworks. Garry will ask a couple of hard questions and Bails will give calm measured responses to them. Then that waste of skin Hutchy will make some sorta right but mostly made up statements while grinning like a ten year old that has dropped the f-bomb in adult company. Usually Caro will then say something that makes no sense and Thomas will look at both the journos like they have just crawled out of the swamp and are 5 million years short of being considered human.

Heh. There you go. I'd say there is now no point watching but I wonder how close to the mark I'll be.

OMG!

It's like you can see into the future...

spooky

Residents of Brisvegas like myself don't get the chance to watch Footy Classified. Would greatly appreciate a quick summary, preferably one that doesn't take the [censored] out of Bailey's use of the word "competitive". Cheers.

Yes, he'll talk of "getting games into the young players", "competitiveness", the amount of "quarters won" last year not being good enough, of not rushing Jack and getting his "body ready to withstand the rigours of the AFL", the disappointment of losing "Liam Jurrah" and how incredible it is that "he's only played 9 games", how well "Scully and Trengove have recovered from games" and that we carefully monitor their "loads", that he's got a great relationship with the "Board and Cameron Schwab who've been very supportive and understand what we're trying to achieve", how it "wasn't acceptable to lose to Collingwood" and that the players will "learn from that"....

anything wrong with any of those comments or are they rational statements from the senior coach of a football side?

I agree, i think grant thomas is the weakest link on that show, because he makes such wild statements, and has basically no stats or evidence to back them up. It's almost as if he comes straight from the pub

I disagree, Grant Thomas was a pretty successful coach, who shook up the St.Kilda Footy club big time, Ross Lyon took over a good situation.

Grant Thomas knows how Modern Clubs and Footy Dept's work deep down-journalists are only told.

Some of Caro's stuff i take with a grain of salt. Its third party speculation, no doubt tonight she will go on about some different Richmond Crisis.

Residents of Brisvegas like myself don't get the chance to watch Footy Classified. Would greatly appreciate a quick summary, preferably one that doesn't take the [censored] out of Bailey's use of the word "competitive". Cheers.

No problems. Anything for one of the best posters on this site. I'll be taking notes.

Edited by Chook

Yes, he'll talk of "getting games into the young players", "competitiveness", the amount of "quarters won" last year not being good enough, of not rushing Jack and getting his "body ready to withstand the rigours of the AFL", the disappointment of losing "Liam Jurrah" and how incredible it is that "he's only played 9 games", how well "Scully and Trengove have recovered from games" and that we carefully monitor their "loads", that he's got a great relationship with the "Board and Cameron Schwab who've been very supportive and understand what we're trying to achieve", how it "wasn't acceptable to lose to Collingwood" and that the players will "learn from that"....

Which are all Totally correct!!! (Well written btw) B)

Not bad. Bailey speaks well, but we all already knew that.

Garry tried very hard to cover up the lack of goal posts farce, but Caro wrapped it up nicely.

"It's been a year and a half of Jim Stynes and however many years...the Melbourne Football Club should be training on a ground with goal posts."

Also, Watts will need to play 4-5 great games of footy at Casey before breaking through to the seniors. Says he is frustrated, but his determination and maturity is fantastic.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Only said the C word 3 times, I think...

I counted 6.

Interesting. I get the feeling you could light a fire underneath him and he would get up and casually walk to the door. That is far from a criticism. I think it is a good thing. I really liked they way he handled Thomas and almost made him sound apologetic for asking about his coaching style.

Also, Watts will need to play 4-5 great games of footy at Casey before breaking through to the seniors. Says he is frustrated, but his determination and maturity is fantastic.

Did he say that? I think i turned it on too late to catch that part. From what i heard, Watts was set on a round 4 comeback. Damnit! :mad:

Yeah, he said that Watts had struggled a bit with the physical requirements, not in terms of application, but just his body handling the extra load. Wants him to play a few solid games in the seconds before promoting him.

Also noted the adding of Jordie to the list of young stars.

Lyon also said they'd be in the new stadium in 6 weeks.

Good news all round I think.

I think Bailey has been terrific and at times has sacrificed his reputation for the club. He is very firm in sticking to his strategy and that has not changed since he arrived.

He's obvously a big wrap for McKenzie and expects Watt's to perform in the VFL before getting a game.

I'd expect Watts about round 5.

Does anyone reckon Miller will play much of a role in 2010?

Competitive: 1

Reasons we lost vs Hawthorn:

Good first five mins, but slow, confidence dropped, second to the ball, didn't take risks, didn't switch the footy.

Second half: Broke even, but that doesn't matter when you don't start well.

When you're a young team, early opportunities and scoreboard pressure = you gain confidence. That's what happened vs the pies.

Unbelievable effort from Moloney to win the ball back vs 2 pies in the last 30 secs.

Gave props to Grimes for his composure to find Green to get the ball out of our d50 in the last minute.

Effort fantastic. Disappointing not to get 4 points.

Spoke to leaders today about setting that standard for effort for the next 20 games.

Reasons we improved: Much better games from players w/<80 games.

Going to be inconsistent, but we have to be close to the mark we set on Saturday.

Satisfied with leadership of Bruce and McDonald (knowledge and advice), Green (leading from the front w/broken jaw last year/KO'd last week), Rivers. Davey really set himself 18 months ago to make something of his career. Leaders do great work with our younger players.

On Lyon's comment last week: "Not disappointed with comments. Not distracted by anything."

"Was extending your contract wise?" "Absolutely, because of my background and the amount of debate and work I do with Cameron Schwab. Taken a huge risk going down draft path and we'll stick by it because we know it will work."

"Grant Thomas said you'd be a good assistant coach." "Win/loss don't mean jack when looking at a coach. My work with the young players is why I'm a good coach. When you change a footy club like I have, that's brave + bold, which is the best form of leadership."

"Crappy facilities?" "Yep, but we're doing the best with what we have. Gettting new facilities soon, and goal posts next week. We have the posts, but no net."

GARRY: "Yes the facilities are crap, but they are doing everything they can to fix it."

Young kids: Scully, Trengove, Grimes good. McKenzie awesome.

Jack Watts: First real pre-season, attitude, work ethic great. Takes a while for taller players to adapt to work load. Played two halves at Casey. Will play senior footy this year but won't play until 3 or 4 good VFL performances. Bailey sits down and talks with Jack about comparisons with Naitanui and Jack has a good, mature attitude about those comparisons. Frustrated not to be playing, especially when he sees Sculgove and some of our other guys.

VS ADELAIDE:

Went and saw them play. Huge chance to win. 1 day extra break, in good form, but need the same application as we had against the Pies.

Edited by Chook

Thought Bails spoke and handled himself really well. Thought it was a well balanced interview, some tough questions and well handled.

I think i can now say, that Bails has 2 years, lets let him do it with the backing he deserves.