Tonight's team sheet on the AFL website.

I don't know how set in stone the sheet is, but hmmm.

No Scully.

Jones at fullback.

Bell at full forward.

Jurrah and Cheney on ball.

Should this team sheet be taken with a grain of salt? I know the positions are nothing to worry too much about, but NO SCULLY!!!

I don't know how set in stone the sheet is, but hmmm.

No Scully.

Jones at fullback.

Bell at full forward.

Jurrah and Cheney on ball.

Should this team sheet be taken with a grain of salt? I know the positions are nothing to worry too much about, but NO SCULLY!!!

Link? I can't seem to find it on the AFL site or the Dees Official site.

The only teamsheet I found is the squad with player numbers and not the position lineup.

http://www.afl.com.a...&fixtureid=5426

Looks like they have listed the team in numerical order and put them in the positions.

I don't think it's the "real" lineup.

Certainly Cheney is not rucking and Bell is not Full forward.

Jeeze that's a pretty good pick up! That's exactly what they've done.

What gave it some credibility was the article on Bell saying he's going to play forward a la Max Rooke, and then sure enough - listed at full forward!

I wonder why Scully, Rivers, and MacDonald aren't in. It looks like we've either gone for speed (with Scully not quite worth the risk yet after his knee injury), or we've tried to fit as many on-ballers into the team as possible.

I wonder why Scully, Rivers, and MacDonald aren't in. It looks like we've either gone for speed (with Scully not quite worth the risk yet after his knee injury), or we've tried to fit as many on-ballers into the team as possible.

I think you've misunderstood. It appears as if the AFL have made this lineup and just listed the first 22 numbers and put them into position. Obviously Melbourne have not given them the lineup and i'm sure Scully, Rivers and McDonald will be playing.

Well almost.

The seemed to have missed these four:

26 Joel Macdonald

27 Jared Rivers

31 Tom Scully

34 Stefan Martin

They also missed:

39 Neville Jetta

42 Jake Spencer

47 James Strauss

I think you've misunderstood. It appears as if the AFL have made this lineup and just listed the first 22 numbers and put them into position. Obviously Melbourne have not given them the lineup and i'm sure Scully, Rivers and McDonald will be playing.

Yep. Agreed. And the 4 interchange players are our highest jumper numbers, They've put our first 18 numbers listed on the ground, and then jumped to the last four on the list for the interchange.

My bad?

My Good Lord I'm looking forward to tonight.

Will be interesting to see Morabito in action too. To quote a poster from last year on G Ablett Jr: "No doubt he'll kick 5 goals, get 40 possessions, take mark of the year, rescue a family from a burning building, and successfully mate the pandas at the Melbourne Zoo."

Should we try to line JT up on him?

why do they always do that, here's the conversation between 2 useless AFL website janitors

-we need a team sheet to put on the site

-but we don't know the final squad

-oh well just name the first 26 on the list and be done with it

-but then what is the point of making a team sheet if it is just going to be inaccurate

-shhh do you want to be out of a job

I use that program/ screen all the time for Dream Team, and its always like that.

They have to come up with a team to put on there in advance, so you would rather that they just try and guess who would get cut? And then lead people to believe that it is the official team.

Looking under Stats - Team Stats gives the full 30 man squad that is named on the AFL Website anyway, the team ground sheet is just automatically filled in based on number.

Edited by Maric Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/Premiership/Season2009/MatchResults/tabid/11433/default.aspx?display=0&seasonid=74&roundid=766&fixtureid=5426

I just had a look on the afl website and I clicked on our game then teams and Scully's name is there. I guess we will find out closer to the bounce.

Yeah mate. See rest of thread. Enjoy the game tonight. Let's hope we have a win.

might have to wait awhile, rumour about he's not playing tonight

I've looked everywhere... where have these rumours come from?

Jones Twittered this in the morning:

Here he is, The WiZArd just chilling over the paper and some breakfast ... I'm feeling a show from the big fella!!

What has happened since this morning that will make Jurrah have to pull out of the game?

I've looked everywhere... where have these rumours come from?

Jones Twittered this in the morning:

What has happened since this morning that will make Jurrah have to pull out of the game?

He's playing, got a whisper from a player sponsor, obviously misinformed or being a smart a**