Demon's Training Photos

Diablo Deemon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photogalle...aining%20021209

Good to see the new boys with their training gear on.

Does anyone get down there regularly and able to give updates on the boys? would be awesome.

I'm pumped can't wait for the intra club game this year down at Casey. Hopefully Jack Watts and Liam Jurrah are playing.

EDIT: Just wanted to add alot of people are expecting big things from Maric this year. He seems ready to go and very fit.

Edited by Clanger King

Things that get me excited

Maric - Looks like his body has come a long way

Tom Scully - his hand pass position is perfect

Jurrah and wona - Look like they more than belong (and look damn fit)

Luke Tapscott - I one big unit

Jones - Is all muscle! My pick for a really big year

Things that don’t get me excited

Jack Watts’s facial growth

Edited by Rocknroll

Jurrah and wona - Look like they more than belong (and look damn fit)

Things that done get me exicited

Jack Watts facial growth

I like the fact that Wona is going to be lean, I think it'll add a bit more spring in his step, pretty excited about him at full fitness this year (fingers crossed)

And Ditto on JW... lols.

I think that Maric could very easily end up as a midfielder once he eventually builds up his tank, which he hasn't really had a chance to do as yet given his interrupted preseason last year. If he is able to develop AFL midfield endurance and has the 'cheap goalsneak forward pocket' knocked out of him then he has all the tricks to be right up there with the best in the business. I feel he gets forgotten about a lot by supporters, but he is a kid with serious talent. What I like best about him is his low to the ground running, agility and evasive abilities. We all know he can kick, but he's able to work really well in traffic which is really important for modern midfielders.

All the public noises from the coaches suggests that he's fronted for preseason in really good nick and training very well. I really hope he gets a full preseason because if he gets his running capacity up then he could be anything.

Why would Scully train wearing a watch? Or was he not really training?

Guys in the photos look in pretty good shape.

The new boys just did limited work. Scully and Gawn went for a bike ride with Garland, Meeson, Watts, Hughes, Blease, Bruce and a few others who are on limited programs.

Jurrah and Maric. Jones and Sylvia were in everything and look VG. To be honest all the boys trained well. Joel Mcdonald has fitted in well and is very approachable. Really nice guy.

Congratulated DB on the draft. Asked him about any further changes to the list. He said NO. Done, finished, that's it, no more folks.

The new boys just did limited work. Scully and Gawn went for a bike ride with Garland, Meeson, Watts, Hughes, Blease, Bruce and a few others who are on limited programs.

Jurrah and Maric. Jones and Sylvia were in everything and look VG. To be honest all the boys trained well. Joel Mcdonald has fitted in well and is very approachable. Really nice guy.

Congratulated DB on the draft. Asked him about any further changes to the list. He said NO. Done, finished, that's it, no more folks.

Great info Theo! Why was Watts in the bike riding group?

Why would Scully train wearing a watch? Or was he not really training?

Guys in the photos look in pretty good shape.

Helps keep time.

Seriously, he is still recovering after his operation on his knee. Would have been kept to stationary drills I would have thought (ie. handballing). Although, he has stated in his interviews that he wasn't far from beginning running real soon. The club would be most cautious with him anyway.

Perhaps it was more a meet & greet session for the newbies, rather a full on session. Someone might confirm this ??

Some of the guys do look in good nick. From the photo of Jurrah (& Wonaeamirri), he looks a bit broader/stronger accross the shoulders.

Great info Theo! Why was Watts in the bike riding group?

He did ball work for 45mins then went on the bike ride. Watts, Maloney,Jurrah, and Jetta did solid boxing session at the end. Training staff guy told me that they ease the guys workload to avoid OP etc. All planned and structured. No problems.

It'd be because Watts hasn't done a preseason before, nor has he had to put his body through an AFL workload yet. I'd suggest that he's basically being treated like a new recruit and will do a fair bit of his work with the likes of Trengove, Tapscott, Gysberts and Fitzpatrick.

The imagination runs wild with the thought of Jurrah after doing a preseason. I don't imagine that aerobic training was a big part of the Yuendumu Magpies' preseason program!

I think that Maric could very easily end up as a midfielder once he eventually builds up his tank, which he hasn't really had a chance to do as yet given his interrupted preseason last year. If he is able to develop AFL midfield endurance and has the 'cheap goalsneak forward pocket' knocked out of him then he has all the tricks to be right up there with the best in the business. I feel he gets forgotten about a lot by supporters, but he is a kid with serious talent. What I like best about him is his low to the ground running, agility and evasive abilities. We all know he can kick, but he's able to work really well in traffic which is really important for modern midfielders.

All the public noises from the coaches suggests that he's fronted for preseason in really good nick and training very well. I really hope he gets a full preseason because if he gets his running capacity up then he could be anything.

He's very much on my mind and I really want to get a lot of games into him this year.

I see him as being a shorter Steve Johnson for us in the future: first class delivery to the forwards and capable of jagging goals from anywhere.

Last year I watched him closely and I think he made good decisions, but wasn't assertive enough, partly due to his build.

Hopefully in 2010 he can significantly build on that (his game, his engine and his frame).

Edited by Keyser Söze

Yet another shot where Luke Tapscott doesn't look over-awed in the slightest. Looks like he'd stare down the devil.

That's either really good, or not so good. I'm definitely on the really good side at this stage. Ready to take it on, and no neck to get in the way either.

Yet another shot where Luke Tapscott doesn't look over-awed in the slightest. Looks like he'd stare down the devil.

That's either really good, or not so good. I'm definitely on the really good side at this stage. Ready to take it on, and no neck to get in the way either.

What an opening post!

I must say I laughed at the no neck comment. Poor kid, looks 28 already!

awesome pics makes my balls tingle!! good too see the brothers having a laugh and how strong does tapscot look??

Tapscott = Moloney mark II, but bigger!

Imagine this kid after a few pre-seasons, we'll be fighting off rugby clubs trying to do a reverse-Karmichael-Hunt on us.