• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ball no longer a Saint, confirmed.

Redleg

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on track and assuming the thread title is proven correct, do we look for an unknown or a recycled player.

Personally if I could get a positive medical diagnosis on Jesse Smith I would be interested in him. That not being the case I must say I am not excited by the other names on the delisted lists.

Put even simpler, we don't know if he actually sought a meeting with us at all. All we know is what we read in the papers unless we have spoken to him personally and I haven't.

The facts as we know them are:

again.. the facts are : Connolly was quoted as saying a meeting was sought.. That has never been refuted...not by Ball...not by Connors....not by MFC ..Cuddles or anyone....So Im prepared to beleive a meeting sought...then renegged on.

again.. the facts are : Connolly was quoted as saying a meeting was sought.. That has never been refuted...not by Ball...not by Connors....not by MFC ..Cuddles or anyone....So Im prepared to beleive a meeting sought...then renegged on.

Even if it was renegged, it's not the end of the world.

BB he doesn't owe Melbourne anything.

I for one am staggered by some posts here. A lot of people are saying no to Mitch Thorp who has had injuries but is getting better and apparently attitude problems. But a lot of people here want Jesse Smith who is injured more often than Mitch and is an even bigger [censored]. Some posters here need to think before they post.

Even if it was renegged, it's not the end of the world.

BB he doesn't owe Melbourne anything.

a bit of respect would be good ;)

I fail to see how he is playing the games though.

You act as though there are no behind the scenes conversations and the club may only receive its news through the same sources as the rest of us. Just because you (and we) haven't heard anything does not mean we can extrapolate that out to mean that the club is being left in the lurch.

What...it suddenly came to him ( Ball ) after seeking a meet that we were the spooners ? He hadnt looked at a ladder previously ? Am starting to think he was playing the shell game from the outset.

Not that fussed now.. Am sure we will grab someone worthy in the PSD...not necessarily a name ..but someone :)

I am looking forward to winning the premiership in 2013 with a team entirely built from draft picks. Bailey can get up on the stage and shout "Chris Judd, Robbie Warnock, Luke Ball ... YOU WERE WRONG!"

Wow, move on mate

The only people still thinking about Judd / Warnock not coming to us, are us. If our concerns are so petty after we've won a flag then it will be a sad day.

And for the record, Judd will really regret not winning a flag and getting paid top $$$ at the MFC.......oh wait, nevermind.

What...it suddenly came to him ( Ball ) after seeking a meet that we were the spooners ? He hadnt looked at a ladder previously ? Am starting to think he was playing the shell game from the outset.

ffs I'd hate to be an ex-girlfriend of yours, you'd be a lunatic.

Ball owes us nothing. To come out and cry about it just makes MFC supporters look like bitter sooks so can you give it a rest, it is a poor reflection on OUR integrity, not Balls.

Its a shame he does not appear interested but I believe its no great loss from an on-field perspective.

I doubt Jess Smith would be interested given he is specifically leaving for better medical & fitness support, aside from our obvious lack of money our injury list in recent years has been appalling.

Mitch Thorp is worth further investigation I think, if he passes the medical get him down to training and see what his attitude is like first hand.

ffs I'd hate to be an ex-girlfriend of yours, you'd be a lunatic.

Ball owes us nothing. To come out and cry about it just makes MFC supporters look like bitter sooks so can you give it a rest, it is a poor reflection on OUR integrity, not Balls.

Its a shame he does not appear interested but I believe its no great loss from an on-field perspective.

I doubt Jess Smith would be interested given he is specifically leaving for better medical & fitness support, aside from our obvious lack of money our injury list in recent years has been appalling.

Mitch Thorp is worth further investigation I think, if he passes the medical get him down to training and see what his attitude is like first hand.

:lol:

Hardly crying.. so opinions arent allowed.. ffs who made you Queen ?

Doesnt strike you as odd that arrangements are made then given a [censored] excuse. I just happen to get irked when such rubbish is offered up. We all got collectively annoyed when Judd dissed us last year .. but we apparently dont care less any more ?

Owes us nothing.. ? a decent and timely comment would have been warranted I would have thought; saves everyone wasting time and money.He instigated the meeting after all. Still maybe you just like being d!cked around and consider that OK.

:lol:

Hardly crying..

Owes us nothing.. ? a decent and timely comment would have been warranted I would have thought; saves everyone wasting time and money.He instigated the meeting after all. Still maybe you just like being d!cked around and consider that OK.

OK :blink:

Hence the title of the thread.

ball has ended his career, ross does not rate ball, he sees him as a depth player, just wait and see anytime the saints lose a few games ball will be the first dropped,he will not play in ant premierships, then in two years time when they drop him he will be too old to go to another club, he will lose his reputation as a good player.

Back on track and assuming the thread title is proven correct, do we look for an unknown or a recycled player.

Personally if I could get a positive medical diagnosis on Jesse Smith I would be interested in him. That not being the case I must say I am not excited by the other names on the delisted lists.

Article in the HUN today says Smith is about to start training with Hawthorn:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/hawt...f-1225794046327

I for one am staggered by some posts here. A lot of people are saying no to Mitch Thorp who has had injuries but is getting better and apparently attitude problems. But a lot of people here want Jesse Smith who is injured more often than Mitch and is an even bigger [censored]. Some posters here need to think before they post.

True, but I don't think it would hurt to have either/both of them down at the club training. Although now that Smith looks like he's with Hawthorn for the time being that mightn't be possible.

ball has ended his career, ross does not rate ball, he sees him as a depth player, just wait and see anytime the saints lose a few games ball will be the first dropped,he will not play in ant premierships, then in two years time when they drop him he will be too old to go to another club, he will lose his reputation as a good player.

.................... and thats exactly why there is no announcement yet. Ball knows this, he is taking this risk staying at the Saints. I still say he may not want to be a player at a rebuilding team (and thats the issue not MFC specific).......... but he may end up with little realistic choice and thus he may still end up in the red and blue.

At the end of the day Collingwood have dished Ball by not offering anything realistic for him. What Collingwood was offering was as good as nothing so St.Kilda thought why should we give him up for nothing to a team that could challenge us for a flag. If we are going to give him up for nothing it maze well be to a bottom team so as it does not come back to bite us in the butt.

If the Saints don't offer Ball a compeditive contract I feel he could well still end up at the Dees.

Integrity might be to say exactly that then Red !! To make a little announcement to that effect. To thank Melbourne for its interest but will be looking elsewhere etc.

probably a bit too much to expect

Yep, Its been all over the papers for weeks now. If Ball had no intention at all of playing for MFC / the wooden spooners as has been suggested, he could have got his manager to slip in a 'thanks but no thanks'

when he's spoken to the media on his behalf.

Would have taken 10 seconds.

He doesnt owe us that. Would just be the decent thing to do imo.

The attitude of some fans is pretty amusing.

On one hand, Judd was slammed because of his arrogance at interviewing Clubs, making it a media circus, etc. On the other, Ball is slammed for his aloofness, not coming out and commenting, etc.

On one hand, Judd* was slammed for talking to us when he didn't really want to come, being money-hungry, etc. On the other, Ball is slammed for not talking to us.

To some fans, the only way players can win is if they say Melbourne's great and decide to join us.

*Davey was also slammed for talking to other Clubs, wanting to leave the Club, being money-hungry, etc.

a bit of respect would be good ;)

Why should Luke Ball show us Respect BB. He plays for an opposition Club.

St.Kilda & his Management may have told him not to say a word, as of last fridays player lists-Ball was not Delisted from st.kilda

He does not have to say one bloody word to us at all.

The MFC only comes into the picture when he has officially left the aints, which is yet to happen.

Why should Luke Ball show us Respect BB. He plays for an opposition Club.

St.Kilda & his Management may have told him not to say a word, as of last fridays player lists-Ball was not Delisted from st.kilda

He does not have to say one bloody word to us at all.

The MFC only comes into the picture when he has officially left the aints, which is yet to happen.

Crap.... its called common decency...or less than common it would seem

He/manager sought to meet.. then shuts up. Has nothing to do with being on or off the list.. he was free to talk to whomever he wished. No he didnt have to say anything to us..if that was his wish...which apparently at first it wasnt, otherwise why seek a meeting.

Even in the so called cut throat world of business there are rules of etiquette...protocols etc.

Apparently Connors/Ball are above it all...so be it.

I wonder how many on here are old enough to remember the "Bemm River" report on World of Sport each sunday. It was delivered by Jack "Captain Blood" Dyer and Lou Richards. Basically it was gossip about which clubs were talking to which players and which recruits might be out there. The clubs weren't restricted in list numbers nor when they could recruit up to about the end of June each year.

It was good fun and got people talking.

Today it is a couple of drafts and some talk like this thread for a few weeks and then it is all over. I know there is discussion about who we will draft during the year if we know our draft position but it ends on draft day, unlike the past where a player could be invited down for training later in the season. Oh well I suppose that is progress.

Crap.... its called common decency...or less than common it would seem

He/manager sought to meet.. then shuts up. Has nothing to do with being on or off the list.. he was free to talk to whomever he wished. No he didnt have to say anything to us..if that was his wish...which apparently at first it wasnt, otherwise why seek a meeting.

Even in the so called cut throat world of business there are rules of etiquette...protocols etc.

Apparently Connors/Ball are above it all...so be it.

But you are basing that whole arguement on what was reported in a newspaper article, Which i also read. It was written in the 3rd Person.

Luk Ball or Connors did not directly say anything.

He owes us nothing at this stage.....

But you are basing that whole arguement on what was reported in a newspaper article, Which i also read. It was written in the 3rd Person.

Luk Ball or Connors did not directly say anything.

He owes us nothing at this stage.....

I apparently need to say it again.. ( and the last time.. you'll be pleased ) Yes it was reported in the paper. It quotes Connolly.. No one has ever refuted that there was a meeting requested.. Not them. not the clubs, Cuddles etc. So on that prime face I take it there was.

So if there was...at his ( Ball/Connors) request a meeting to be had, only to be eschewed, then all things considered would you not think he had to answer for that ? I do ..if for no other reason than to clear the air and present himself as honourable. Seems they are as shifty as the Sahara. All very well intimating ( via 3rd person leaking ) that he's not so keen on wooden spoon teams... but then again why even approach us in the first place then.... but he's not making himself to be much better.

Much comes down to I suppose personal opinion ( god forbid thats forums for you ..lol ) and how one is used to dealings in life.

Some prefer to be men about things.. some mice :rolleyes: