2010 AFL Ladder Predictions 2010

Bruce Almighty

Saints

Geelong (I think this top 4 group is a gurantee)

Collingwood

Western Bulldogs

Adelaide

Carlton

Brisbane

Hawthorn (NOT IN ORDER) I think this group will fight for top 8 spot

Melbourne

Essendon

West Coast

Sydney

Richmond (NOT IN ORDER) I this group will struggle next year

Nth Melbourne

Port Adelaide

Fremantle

I really think Melbourne will be the biggest improvers next season and push for the 8

Edited by Bruce Almighty

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreaming if yu think melbourne will push fr the 8

1.st Kilda

2. Western bulldogs

3. Geelong

4. Adelaide

5. Hawthorn

6. Collingwood

7. Brisbane

8. Carlton

9. Essendon

10. West Coast

11. Sydney

12. Fremantle

13. Melbourne

14. Richmond

15. North

16. Port Adelaide

bottom 8 is a bit of A mix bag

1. Saints

2. Hawks

3. Lions

4. Geelong

5. Bulldogs

6. Crows

7. Collywobbles

8. Blues

9. Eagles

10. Demons

11. Essendon

12. Tigers

13. Kangaroos

14. Port

15. Freo

16. Swans

So long as we finish above the bombers

Edited by Trengove

The biggest movers

Hawks, Eagles, Lions

The biggest fallers

Blues, Bombers, Pies

Hopeful thinking with the latter. We can only hope.

I really think the struggling team this season will be Sydney. They have had a huge fallout with Retirees and I don't beleive they were big winners out of the Trading period.

Hopeful thinking with the latter. We can only hope.

I really think the struggling team this season will be Sydney. They have had a huge fallout with Retirees and I don't beleive they were big winners out of the Trading period.

Unfortunately interstate clubs always win their token 4-5 games against the other ailing clubs and it is hard for them to finish bottom (I know you aren't necessarily saying that about Sydney). It is always too hard to write them off. I for one think that Fremantle has been just as bad as us but win their games as a result of the travel factor. Playing at the G is easier for them then us playing at Perth as in theory they play here more often.

You can't write off the Pies (as much as it is hard to say it) as Demtripoo always gives them a headstart with the draw.

Saints

Geelong (I think this top 4 group is a gurantee)

Collingwood

Western Bulldogs

I really think Melbourne will be the biggest improvers next season and push for the 8

Familiar looking top four. There is along time till the start of the season and there are no guarantees in football

Adel

StK

Coll ?

Geel

Bris

Dogs

Haw

Syd

Wce ?

Carl

Ess

Melb

Freo

Port

Nth

Rich

I really quite like this but will question those two. I dont think Collingwood are still the whole package..not tyet.. Ruckign will improve out of sight.. but who's kicking their bag ?? Thats why they wanted Fev. Depth still a curiosity.. they were found wanting exactly as I suspected.

Im not with you entirely with Weagles either as id put them below us. I suspect we will have a much better 2nd half of season.. but could surprise a few early ;)

places 6-12 being a lotto

1 St Kilda

2 Bulldogs

3 Geelong

4 Adelaide

5 MELBOURNE

6 Brisbane

7 Collingwood

8 Hawthorne

9 Essendon

10 West Coast

11 Sydney

12 Carlton

13 Richmond

14 Fremantle

15 Port Adelaide

16 North Melbourne

Edited by tatu

Collingwood will not make the four next season.

St Kilda

Geelong

Footscray

Hawthorn

Saints will be there. Cats and Dogs are LIKELY to be there. I would say Hawks will round it out. No way that list will go crap two years in a row.Could be anywhere from 1-4 too...

Adelaide

Brisbane

Collingwood

Carlton

After that I'd say if I'm wrong about one of the above, Adelaide will be the one to make the four. Class everywhere on the field. Brisbane, you'd think, have the cattle to push as well. Pies will make up the numbers, and Blues will barely scrape in without Fev. Much like the Dons this year.

Sydney

West Coast

Melbourne

Essendon

Don't know about the order here... Could be anything.

North Melbourne

Richmond

Fremantle

Port Adelaide

North the only one good enough to make it out of the bottom four. The rest are in dire straights. Port my smokey for the spoon.

• 2 months later...

A few small predictions:

Gee

StK

Bris

WB

Coll

Adel

WC

Haw

-----

Ess

Carl

Syd

Freo

North

Melb

Rich

Port

I think Port Adelaide's situation will get worse on and off field.

Carlton will struggle without Fev and the pressure will build from this expectation.

I think 6 wins from us would be ok as we are even younger this year, hopefully more but I can't see it happening.

I think the Saints may stumble a little as a result of a bad trade, otherwise I would have them in the GF.

Geelong to be not quite as desperate as the Bulldogs. Tigers to surprise a few.

Hawthorn

Western Bulldogs

Geelong

StKilda

Collingwood

Adelaide

Richmond

Carlton

Sydney

Essendon

West Coast

Brisbane

Melbourne

Freo

Port

North

Edited by Franky_31

will be a close year

Geelong

Bulldogs

St Kilda

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Adelaide

Brisbane

WCE

Melbourne

Essendon

Carlton

Sydney

Fremantle

North

Port

Richmond

IMO the top 7 teams are almost set its just a matter of order, then that 8th spot I think any of the 9 teams not in that top seven can get a run on and pinch 8th spot. I went for WCE on the back of 12 games at Subi. In regards to the MFC we aren't as far away as most people think, like most teams I have in the bottom 9 all it will take is a little luck with injures and winning the close games, getting winning runs through out the year. The bottom 9 are harder to place then the top 7.

Edited by drdrake

Geelong; Classy

St Kilda; V good

Bulldogs; Just off pace

Brisbane; Improving

Hawthorn; Some chance

Adelaide; Not quite

C'wood; Same old

Carlton; Just in 8

Essendon; Not quite in 8

West Coast; Glimpses only

Sydney; Not enough power

North Kangas; Battlers again

Melbourne; Some improvement

Freo; Only at Freo

Port Power; Gone

Richmond GOOORRRNNN

Edited by Still Waiting

Geelong; Classy

St Kilda; V good

Bulldogs; Just off pace

Brisbane; Improving

Hawthorn; Some chance

Adelaide; Not quite

C'wood; Same old

Carlton; Just in 8

Essendon; Not quite in 8

West Coast; Glimpses only

Sydney; Not enough power

Freo; Only at Freo

Port Power; Gone

Richmond GOOORRRNNN

I'm pretty much in agreement with you 'Still Waiting', at first sight, until I thought about the top 4'ish. However I think the Cats are due to be a little stale & on the slide age wise.

So, I'll make a little rearrange for my prediction.

Whoops, I got carried away!

St Kilda;

Bulldogs;

Geelong;

C'wood;

Adelaide;

Hawthorn;

Brisbane;

West Coast;

----------------

Carlton;

Essendon;

Sydney; Not enough power

Freo; Only at Freo

Port Power; Gone

Richmond GOOORRRNNN

Edited by dee-luded

I'm pretty much in agreement with you 'Still Waiting', at first sight, until I thought about the top 4'ish. However I think the Cats are due to be a little stale & on the slide age wise.

So, I'll make a little rearrange for my prediction.

Whoops, I got carried away!

St Kilda;

Bulldogs;

Geelong;

C'wood;

Adelaide;

Hawthorn;

Brisbane;

West Coast;

----------------

Carlton;

Essendon;

Sydney; Not enough power

Freo; Only at Freo

Port Power; Gone

Richmond GOOORRRNNN

1. Adelaide

2. Stkilda

3. Hawthorn

4. Bulldogs

5. Brisbane

6. Geelong

7. Melbourne

8. Carlton

9. Essendon

10. Collingwood

11. WCE

12. Sydney

13. North

14. Port

15. Freo

16. Richmond

No justification at all for putting us 7th just a feeling and no im not over excited or looking through rose coloured glasses - just my prediction which is what its all about!

1 - BULLDOGS

2 - GEELONG

3 - SAINTS

Very good teams, certainties to be top 4

4 - HAWKS

5 - BRISBANE

6 - MAGPIES

7 - ADELAIDE

Good teams, can make the top 4

8 - CARLTON

9 - SYDNEY

10 - WEST COAST

11 - ESSENDON

12 - MELBOURNE

13 - KANGAROOS

14 - FREMANTLE

Average teams, can make up the numbers in the top 8

15 - RICHMOND

16 - POWER

Poor teams, no chance of making the 8.

Edited by LITTLE STINGA

1. Geelong

2. Adelaide

3. St. Kilda

4. Footscray

5. Hawthorn

6. Brisbane

7. Collingwood

8. Sydney

9. Essendon

10. Carlton

11. West Coast

12. The People's Republic of Melbourne

13. Port Adelaide

14. Fremantle

15. Richmond

16. North

Having said that I don't think there will be a standout last. We could win six games and still end up in the bottom of that bracket.

Does anyone ever bump these threads at the end of a season so we can see how we all fared?

1. St Kilda

2. Adelaide

3. Bulldogs

4. Geelong

5. Hawthorn

6. Collingwood

7. Essendon

8. North

9. Carlton

10. MELBOURNE

11. West Coast

12. Brisbane