Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons cut Valenti and Buckley

Brettmcg

Spot on. Buckley synopsis the same as mine, therefore no loss. Valenti a bit stiff. But unfortunately just not good enough. A bit like Godfrey. No point keeping these blokes with limited upside because they have a go.

Would people prefer to see Valenti starting in the middle next year or Scully?

Blease or Buckley?

Let's back our draft picks and importantly get games into them.

Well summed up. Unfortunately in this game, if you've got your eye on the prize, you must obtain quality. If you have plenty of a particular type and you've got quality coming in, replenishing the list is a must. As I've said I wish both boys the best of luck for the future.

I'm also expecting another player(s) to be cut from the primary list.

Edited by High Tower

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well summed up. Unfortunately in this game, if you've got your eye on the prize, you must obtain quality. If you have plenty of a particular type and you've got quality coming in, replenishing the list is a must. As I've said I wish both boys the best of luck for the future.

I'm also expecting another player(s) to be cut from the primary list.

Valenti of course was on rookie list.

We now have 5 gone and 5 picks. 1,2,11,18 & PSD. I am sure we will use 34 so one more has to go, probably Bartram if rumours are correct. Then maybe McNamara to use 50 or to elevate Spencer with McNamara to be rookied.

Valenti of course was on rookie list.

We now have 5 gone and 5 picks. 1,2,11,18 & PSD. I am sure we will use 34 so one more has to go, probably Bartram if rumours are correct. Then maybe McNamara to use 50 or to elevate Spencer with McNamara to be rookied.

you might find that Buckley wants to leave, the dees, carlton to pick him up in psd,dont know way carlton wants all our player,mclean.johnson,buckley?,would think you would want to take player from winning clubs,mclean is a good footballer but johnson is half decent, but not every good. so is buckley

you might find that Buckley wants to leave, the dees, carlton to pick him up in psd,dont know way carlton wants all our player,mclean.johnson,buckley?,would think you would want to take player from winning clubs,mclean is a good footballer but johnson is half decent, but not every good. so is buckley

They get CJ for free in the PSD - no loss if he fails...and it looks that way to date.

They paid top dollar for McLean at pick 11. Might work then again. If Collingwood would not budge on pick 25 for Ball then pick 11 is not a bad deal for MFC.

They get Buckley for free and see CJ

I think both guys are stiff and knowing them personally they will both be quite disappointed HOWEVER this club is bigger than the players (see Robbo) that are fortunate enough to represent this great club.

We HAVE to make room for 4 or 5 possible new draftees and 1 from the PSD.

Does anyone know how Daniel Bell has managed to keep a spot on the list? Is he still contracted or something? He will not make the side next year..... why keep him?

it is tough when you think that these guys are young people who are facing the end of their dreams. To be hit with that reality so early on in life would be devastating.

:huh: They are grown men who live an ultra-privileged lifestyle. To be hit with reality would do them some good. Instead they'll be ushered into an AFLPA arranged traineeship / course & get paid $1k a match to play local footy.

Does anyone know how Daniel Bell has managed to keep a spot on the list?

He's contracted for another year........

I think both guys are stiff and knowing them personally they will both be quite disappointed HOWEVER this club is bigger than the players (see Robbo) that are fortunate enough to represent this great club.

We HAVE to make room for 4 or 5 possible new draftees and 1 from the PSD.

Does anyone know how Daniel Bell has managed to keep a spot on the list? Is he still contracted or something? He will not make the side next year..... why keep him?

He signed 3yrs in 07,been no record of it anywhere though

I saw Valenti in Hampton street yesterday and he had his arm in a sling and a poster on Ology confirmed that he was wearing one in a photo in today's Age.

Maybe that's why he's been delisted not sure what the problem is.

That all sounds quite good.

Just on moving McNamara to the rookie list, can someone explain the mechanics of doing this. The risks in the process (if any).

Thanks.

Edited by 1858

To me Strauss is not a midfielder he is an attacking half back.

I've never seen him play live, but that's the impression I have too.

Just on moving McNamara to the rookie list, can someone explain the mechanics of doing this. The risks in the process (if any).

Thanks.

He'd go into the draft and we'd hope he got through to the rookie list before being snatched up by someone else.

Maybe that's why he's been delisted not sure what the problem is.

I doubt it.

He'd go into the draft and we'd hope he got through to the rookie list before being snatched up by someone else.

By draft you mean the ND? and then if he doesn't get picked in that he then goes to the rookie draft where we can pick him if available and GC17 have the first 5 picks?

This is what I have read elsewhere so just hoping I haven't missed anything out of that - so there is a fair amount of risk then by the looks.

Yeah I understand Bucks and Valenti getting the chop. They thing that makes it a bit annoying is that Michael Newton is still on the list. He has a contract. There should be more one-year contracts going around, especially for Newton-types! (Well actually I would argue that there should be no-year contracts for Newton but yeah..)

Can see Bucks playing for Carlton and doing ok. He and Chris Johnson off of either back flank? Brock in the guts? Haha Carlton might have Navy with Red trim next season..

It's a sad day when the club delists a promising young midfielder who only missed a solitary season through injury.

All whilst some of the most horrible players in our history such as Bell, Newton continue to keep their spots.

Miller is a far superior player to Buckley and Valenti!

Miller is superior to no footballer. I don't know of a player that has been given so many chances and delivered so little. Buckley is an unknown due to his injuries with his speed and line breaking ability he could still be a good player but he could also continue to be an ordinary player due to his decision making and ordinary kicking.

You know what your gonna get with Miller, an untalented player who is a poor kick who may play 1 or 2 good games a year, he has been around for far too long to dramatically change. It just makes no sense why he is still on the list.

Miller is superior to no footballer. I don't know of a player that has been given so many chances and delivered so little. Buckley is an unknown due to his injuries with his speed and line breaking ability he could still be a good player but he could also continue to be an ordinary player due to his decision making and ordinary kicking.

You know what your gonna get with Miller, an untalented player who is a poor kick who may play 1 or 2 good games a year, he has been around for far too long to dramatically change. It just makes no sense why he is still on the list.

No doubt you wont understand.

I always like how a player in poster's minds have not been given many chances but forget that the player has been on the list for four years and the coaching panel have observed this player at close quarters. As you point out, Buckley is a player with ordinary kicking and decision making. They're big issues in todays game. He is a fringe player at best. His medical condition does not help his cause.

And Miller is not competing with Buckley for a spot. We are likely to pick 3 to 4 quality midfielders in this draft with good foot and hand skills under pressure. I am not sure where there is room for a player who does not have those skills.

Miller has been given a one year contract. He fills a 3rd forward spot that is currently challenged by no one. His football skills are ordinary but leadership, character and his physical attack on the ball provide some options to MFC, some of which are in short supply in a young and inexpereienced list. Your outright condemnation of Miller is naive.

IMO Miller offers the following qualities to the MFC -Strong leadership,toughness,leads well,marks well,tackles hard,encourages team mates,flies the flag for the Red and Blue,is quick over the ground and has an exceptionally good looking wife.

Unfortunately his kicking for goal lets him down ,but he is 90% to the good for me.Again , I believe he is far superior to Buckley and Valenti.Thankfully those that are in a position to recognise his attributes better than anyone (being the MFC coaching staff) are keeping him on.Hopefully they can improve his kicking for goal in 2010.

I'd give McNamara the flick before Bartram.

I'm still holding out hope that Bartram can return to his 2006 form. Plus we need a run-with player who has some pace. I can understand though if we do get rid of Bartram because his disposal is barely AFL standard.

So for me it's out of McNamara or Cheney. A pity considering we still have a few list cloggers hanging around.

IMO Miller offers the following qualities to the MFC -Strong leadership,toughness,leads well,marks well,tackles hard,encourages team mates,flies the flag for the Red and Blue,is quick over the ground and has an exceptionally good looking wife.

Unfortunately his kicking for goal lets him down ,but he is 90% to the good for me.Again , I believe he is far superior to Buckley and Valenti.Thankfully those that are in a position to recognise his attributes better than anyone (being the MFC coaching staff) are keeping him on.Hopefully they can improve his kicking for goal in 2010.

Have to agree with this - even though Miller doesn't kick enough goals.

He is our only big bodied forward at the moment.

Its interesting he has only got a 1 year contract - given that he is a Queenslander and Gold Coast will be looking to add a bit of maturity to their list in 2010