• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons cut Valenti and Buckley

Brettmcg

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's picked in the side by rnd1 then I will tell you.

Come on BS answer the question...who is he keeping out of the side?

There are signinficant reasons why MFC have been a bottom dweller. Miller is not one of the major reasons.

Can Valenti be rookied again he is only 22 I beleive (23 next year). I thought it interesting he was at first training run. Is he still?

Why bother? They have made a decision on him. He is not good enough. He was at traiing because he was still contracted to October 31 as a player/employee of the Club.

150+ posts on the merits of the delistings of fringe players of the reigning spooner club. :o

Brisbane delisted/traded 12 players including Roe, Harding, and Rhan Hooper who've all showed more than our boys, yet when I checked out the reactions on a Brisbane supporters forum there was barely a whimper. There were a couple of raised eyebrows, but all in all their supporters took such proceedings in their stride. They're backing a winning regime to best place their club in the premiership stakes. Because that's all that matters - a flag.

I look forward to the days when Melb supporters aren't arguing over the delistings of complete hacks. And I mean that it in the nicest possible way to the departed, as I'm on record as having said that I would have given my left one to have been good enough to play 1 AFL game.

You almost can be forgivenfor the way a lot of Melbourne supporters view their team. we've been rather lacklustre and underperformers for decades. without any real success to hang a hat on , supporters as a group have internalised their focus and derive their satisfaction from 'efforts' and the tryings of players. Its almost chummy in that fashion. . A bit like "yeh mate anothter crap game/season/year ( you choose ) but ya love the jumper right !!" Other teams have looked bemused as they passed us by, seeming more preoccupied with the romance of the game than any steely determination to exact the greatest reward. And so the heavy hearts lament the leaving of anyone who's had a bash in red and blue.

We cant lose focus, these players simply didnt make the grade, unfortunate for them in that they leave,unfortunate for us in that we still look for those that will. The process continues and probably always will.

Ommelettes..cracked eggs.... ah but they were such great eggs !!!

Anyone consider that Buckley may have delisted us?

It's pure speculation but we did 1 year deals with Jamar and Miller.

It's quite possible we offered a firm 1 year to Buckley and he had a better offer elsewhere.

It's quite possible we offered a firm 1 year to Buckley and he had a better offer elsewhere.

all things are possible I suppose. I cant see the club geting too carried away with desparation to retain his services.

150+ posts on the merits of the delistings of fringe players of the reigning spooner club. :o

Brisbane delisted/traded 12 players including Roe, Harding, and Rhan Hooper who've all showed more than our boys, yet when I checked out the reactions on a Brisbane supporters forum there was barely a whimper. There were a couple of raised eyebrows, but all in all their supporters took such proceedings in their stride. They're backing a winning regime to best place their club in the premiership stakes. Because that's all that matters - a flag.

I look forward to the days when Melb supporters aren't arguing over the delistings of complete hacks. And I mean that it in the nicest possible way to the departed, as I'm on record as having said that I would have given my left one to have been good enough to play 1 AFL game.

If you actually re-read this entire thread, most of the people on here have been quite understanding of the delistings and have been wishing the boys the best for the future. The last page of the thread is discussing the upcoming delisting of Bartram. Which about 90% of posters are agreeing to.

I think its more the fact that football has stopped. Trade week is over, and we don't have anything else to talk about. :lol:

You look at big footy, they are so bored over there that there is a topic on the width of Scullys hands! :lol:

Edited by Davis333

actually what is the deadline for delistings? I used to hink there was actually two points in time. one prior to the draft and one subsequent to it before the PSd.. but must confess Im a little confused now.cant seem to get a clear indication via the AFL site.

Come on BS answer the question...who is he keeping out of the side?

There are signinficant reasons why MFC have been a bottom dweller. Miller is not one of the major reasons.

Why bother? They have made a decision on him. He is not good enough. He was at traiing because he was still contracted to October 31 as a player/employee of the Club.

Thanks RR for your opinion However can someone tell me wether he can be re rookied?

BINGO!

I wonder if Dean Bailey will let him say goodbye to his team mates this time?

... or issue any statements on the clubs site.

BINGO!

Has Buckley gained permission to train with the Blues ? Did I read that somewhere on this site, briefly ?

I could be wrong.

Mark Riley, Brett Ratten... <_<

CJ, BMc, SB. Good luck fellas.

You all say taggers need to do more, Rawlings stayed on Norths list for the best part of a decade purely as a tagger. Until we can develop a player that can be damaging and tag, Bartram is the #1 guy at the club and will be on the list until someone else can take over.

If you think Bartram is of a similar ability as Rawlings, then you don't watch enough football.

Rawlings is not just good at tagging (and by that I mean he can take a decent midfielder like Sam Mitchell or Jimmy Bartel and restrict their output), he also links up through the midfield.

Sure McNamara has only played 2 games, but this also tells you he hasn't been able to push for more than 2 games when we have been the worst side in the comp for the past 3 years. Bailey has given all kids a chance to blossom (just ask the vets who have been cut or forced to retire) yet here we are with McNamara with 2 games to his name. There are worse players on our list, but someone has to make room for a PSD pick (Ball??) or a budding pick #34 (Grimes??)

2 games does not warrant a spot, Bartram and Fetta stay, McNamara goes.

McNamara was drafted as a bottom-age player, so it's taken him some time to get to a fitness level that would get him into the seniors. Then when he was pushing for selection thanks to some good performances at Casey, he got injured, delaying his promotion to Melbourne. That's part of why he didn't play more than 2 games.

If you're willing to stick with someone like Bartram who's had 3 seasons now to show what he can do (which, let's be honest, is not very much) instead of someone like McNamara, who has promise, skill and is younger, then maye you should reconsider your priorities.

If you actually re-read this entire thread

It's a good point you make, but I'd rather seduce Joan Kirner.

I find myself skimming threads these days until I find a poster I like and then stop and have a look. Needless to say, I don't read much.

:wacko:

I find myself skimming threads these days until I find a poster I like and then stop and have a look. Needless to say, I don't read much.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hard to find the wheat amongst the chaff isnt it :rolleyes:

BINGO!

I assume you are referring to the life affirming (for me) instance where Chris Johnson was publicly berated for turning up to training in his Demons gear when the decision that he wanted to go had been made and DB and CC were informed through his Manager?

I suggest that when you have made the difficult decision to leave, you tell those in charge yourself & in a timely fashion and not intimate business as usual as a representative delivers the news of your imminent departure to those in charge while you are intimating business as usual.

Guest delicious jurrah coffee

your are a dirty sick man, :lol:

I assume you are referring to the life affirming (for me) instance where Chris Johnson was publicly berated for turning up to training in his Demons gear when the decision that he wanted to go had been made and DB and CC were informed through his Manager?

I suggest that when you have made the difficult decision to leave, you tell those in charge yourself & in a timely fashion and not intimate business as usual as a representative delivers the news of your imminent departure to those in charge while you are intimating business as usual.

Whatever the full story behind that event - and I'm not sure that's it. It's an ugly scene that I don't think was our finest moment. The equivalent would be Shane Valenti when he's told he's being delisted storming through training and berating Bailey for not wanting him - no-one would be impressed by that.

It's a business and players will move or be moved on - to pretend otherwise is hyprocrisy. Look at the way Brock McLean handled his exit, pure silk in the interview I heard. If as I hypothesised Buckley has moved on then it sounds like it's been handled better all around than the CJ episode and we're making progress.

Whatever the full story behind that event - and I'm not sure that's it. It's an ugly scene that I don't think was our finest moment. The equivalent would be Shane Valenti when he's told he's being delisted storming through training and berating Bailey for not wanting him - no-one would be impressed by that.

It's a business and players will move or be moved on - to pretend otherwise is hyprocrisy. Look at the way Brock McLean handled his exit, pure silk in the interview I heard. If as I hypothesised Buckley has moved on then it sounds like it's been handled better all around than the CJ episode and we're making progress.

There is little doubt that Bailey lost his cool.

There is also little doubt that Chris Johnson disrespected the football club with his actions.

Johnson reaped the consequences of his actions and I have no problem with it.

I've been doing that for years.

The club has to make 6 or 7 spots on the senior list, we have 5 now. What the club did through the 2000-2006 period is keep maybe players on our list for to long. Players that maybe one day will become consistant AFL players or I was good maybe my form will come back, they perform well at VFL level so we kepted them and negleted the development of young players. Buckley I like him but we need room to draft, Valenti was never going to be promoted I hope someone picks up both these players, but we have better players coming through.

He starts training with Carlton on Nov. 10

Thanks.

Were you alluding to that Buckley may have been approached by Carlton, and/or walked or wanted to leave after consultation with club (s) during the trade period ? Hence "BINGO"

My point reflects the double standards that exists around football clubs and supporters.

If Chris Johnson was to have been delisted - do you think Melbourne would have called him in half way through the year in order to abide by the following:

tell those in charge yourself & in a timely fashion and not intimate business as usual as a representative delivers the news of your imminent departure to those in charge while you are intimating business as usual.

Chris Johnson was offered a financially better deal by Carlton.

Chris Johnson was offered more game time by Carlton

Chris Johnson didn't see himself included in Melbournes future.

Therefore he has the right to look after himself in what little time he has in the AFL to ensure he gets the best money possible to him.

I like Dean Bailey - but he had an Alistair Clarkson moment of moronic proportions when he berated a player who had no guarantee of being at the club after 2009, to seek better opporunity elsewhere.