Trengove to go #1 in draft

dee-man

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an 'Adelaide Now' interview with Matt Rendell.

Young gun Trengove earns rave reviews

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...0-12428,00.html

"He's going to be a star, up with your Gibbses and Murphys, maybe even better," the Crows recruiting manager said of Trengove.

"He's one of the best to come through for some time," Rendell said.

Much prefer the winning culture that would come from winning 5 games. :wacko:

Oh yes..... The reviews are special.....

We have got an absolute golden double in these two blokes!

It's like having a big fat piece of chocolate pudding for dessert..... Do you want cream with that??

DOUBLE THICKENED CREAM ON THAT SUCKER!!!! :D

Although it seems certain that we will grab both, i am a little scared that we may miss jack. Personally i would do that facepalm thing that captain kirk does in that picture if that were to happen.

I personally think, we could just about lock in Scully and Trengove now..

I personally think, we could just about lock in Scully and Trengove now..

Correct. Barring a major incident or accident, there is nothing between now and the draft that could significantly change the views of our recruiting dept.

Even something like Luke Ball's decision won't affect who we choose.

Unintentionally though was it? Things are already off to a rocky start if it wasn't.

Yes, unintentional. It was a more intentional to push Scully simply off the ball, to lose balance and go to ground. Scully went head first into the turf.

Love it how BP plays it down. "...so we'll just see what ever name comes out on the day."

You have to love BP:

"Prendergast wasn’t at AAMI Stadium that day and amazingly, still hasn’t seen vision from the game."

"How many times can you [censored] a dead horse?’’ he said."

"Sometimes with players you’ve seen enough."

Both of the articles mentiond that we have six selections in next months draft. It this correct? I thought that with Whelan, Wheatley, Buckley and McLean gone and Robbo replaced on the veterens list by Bruce only gives us 5 picks. 1,2,11,18 and either 34 or PSD.

Can someone enlighten me or is the article incorrect.

You have to love BP:

"Prendergast wasn’t at AAMI Stadium that day and amazingly, still hasn’t seen vision from the game."

"How many times can you [censored] a dead horse?’’ he said."

"Sometimes with players you’ve seen enough."

I would find it ludicrous if we are considering picking a player and his standout game we have not bothered watching. Even if it is just dotting the I's and crossing the T's it reaks of arrogance not actually viewing that game. If we dont pick him then it is just shear stupidity not viewing that performance.

I would find it ludicrous if we are considering picking a player and his standout game we have not bothered watching. Even if it is just dotting the I's and crossing the T's it reaks of arrogance not actually viewing that game. If we dont pick him then it is just shear stupidity not viewing that performance.

what part of that article gave you any indication we WERENT going to pick him ? He all but came out and said its a coin toss between Scully And Trengove as to who goes first but that they are by far the two standouts.. Case of join the dots really.

Melbourne has seen enough of these two... do you need to have seen 19 or 20 games amongst your staff to know :rolleyes:

what part of that article gave you any indication we WERENT going to pick him ? He all but came out and said its a coin toss between Scully And Trengove as to who goes first but that they are by far the two standouts.. Case of join the dots really.

Melbourne has seen enough of these two... do you need to have seen 19 or 20 games amongst your staff to know :rolleyes:

He never said we weren't picking him up but nor did he actually say we were. In fact even alluding that this is what we are doing leads me to question whether we have in fact locked these two in yet. This is a 10 year decision and our head of recruiting has not even watched the kids standout game, against men, under finals pressure. If anything 29 possessions in that game gives you 29 times minimum to check for any potential flaws or affirm your initial thinking. Agreed you dont need to watch a player 20 times but you would think a game like that would be one worth taking the time out for. If BP is intending on taking him I find it unbelievable that you would not confirm your thinking by watching the prelim. If we are not taking him I cant see how we would make that decision without watching that game.

The Demons have picks No.1 and 2 and Melbourne recruiting manager Barry Prendergast said he was "well and truly down the pathway" to making those decisions.

But he would not say which name he’ll call first.

He isnt allowed to come right out and say ...hey ..heres #1 and #2 !! Its contra AFL ( unless youre GC or WS apparently :rolleyes:)

Hes saying he wont say who's first....all but firms up they are 1 and 2

He also said there were not as many contenders for the top two picks as there were in last year’s draft

kinda narrowing it down isnt he ;)

Trengove and Scully are going One and Two..or Two and One...or 1-1/2 and 1-1/2 !!!

edit

If they ARE locked in...why burn money for no gain ??

Edited by belzebub59

I'm fairly certain our SA recruiting team was there on the day, so the club has seen him play in that match.

Perhaps BP just has too many headaches concerning picks 11 and 18, and knows Trengove is a lock, that he rather spend time trying to choose those picks?

Or maybe he's bullshitting to confuse us all? :P

I'm fairly certain our SA recruiting team was there on the day, so the club has seen him play in that match.

Perhaps BP just has too many headaches concerning picks 11 and 18, and knows Trengove is a lock, that he rather spend time trying to choose those picks?

If he's seen everyone else and he's seen Trengove and Scully on a number of occasions then he's already done his homework. Give him some credit. You think he should watch him play school football too?

If he's seen everyone else and he's seen Trengove and Scully on a number of occasions then he's already done his homework. Give him some credit. You think he should watch him play school football too?

Matt Rendell liked him seems the Adelaide clubs would do almost anything to get him....thats a very very good sign from people in the know...

For what its worth I watched it he was awesome....so strong and courageous....the speed off the mark to take on the game was super!

Artilce quoting Rendell below...enjoy!

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...from=public_rss

he's bullshittin',,,you would need to review all tapes and watch as many games as u can. that's his job..

how could u spend time picking 11 and 18 if you couldn't rank them against 1 & 2? ie.., you'd need to know all the numbers through to 18...to know how to draft from 1 - to - 18...i would think...