One more player to follow Brock out the door!

Dee tention

Who would Garland want to go?

It's not like he's going to need a change of scenery to reboot his career?

Hasn't he spent the whole year with Barry P identifying talent?

Garland is being chased hard by a Melbourne based club. Didn't say anything about him wanting to go, just that a club if after him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mclean had to be kept..if given away it had to be for a top 5 pick. We got f#cked over with scott thompson...and now screwed over with mclean. When will this club realise that you can't be every teams [censored] when you have good players. I'd rather let them go in to the PSD..or at least threaten to do so.

Freak. McLean turned into a slow, poorly-skilled, injury prone, slightly arrogant midfielder.

I truly think Melbourne have done well out of this deal.

Melbourne have had a problem for years with not making trades when they should (Yze being a prime example). This is a GOOD move.

mclean had to be kept..if given away it had to be for a top 5 pick. We got f#cked over with scott thompson...and now screwed over with mclean. When will this club realise that you can't be every teams [censored] when you have good players. I'd rather let them go in to the PSD..or at least threaten to do so.

I feel we've been well compensated with Pick 11 for McLean. Brock is slow, has average skills and a history of injury problems.

This makes me feel better.

Well done, Schwabby and the FD.

How was he arrogant Mick?

I just thought the way he went about himself was a bit arrogant.

Always trying to break tackles etc - played the game as if he thought he was better than what he was.

Some of his off-field antics have a tough of arrogance about them too.

OK I'll cut to it - I've heard that it's Garland.

But I wouldn't classify him as a "star"

good to hear sylvia's name hasn't been discussed in any trade talk, and tbh i can't see garland going anywhere, as if the FD would consider trading him. Hopefully the mclean trade is the only trade we make, unless we can find suitable deals for our lesser players like bartram, miller etc.

Edited by chief demon

OK I'll cut to it - I've heard that it's Garland.

But I wouldn't classify him as a "star"

Haha! I knew it, otherwise you wouldn't have even bother with the 'which Col' tomfoolery.

But surely after a year out with injury, there can't be too many inquiries?

Word last year was the the bombers were very interested.

Is it possible his injury is a concern so we want to move him on in case..?

Does this then put us in the running for Everitt?

Edited by Enforcer25

Garland was drafted in the 2006 draft along with Frawley and Petterd. Given that they received the standard two year draftee contracts, that would put them out of contract at the end of last year. So........unless he signed a one year contract last year, I'd be very surprised if he was out of contract.

You assume we weren't happy to have him go, all things considered...

Garland was drafted in the 2006 draft along with Frawley and Petterd. Given that they received the standard two year draftee contracts, that would put them out of contract at the end of last year. So........unless he signed a one year contract last year, I'd be very surprised if he was out of contract.

Garland out of contract is rubbish.

Col Garland signed last year for 2 years along with Petterd, Frawley, Jones, bate, newton.

I just thought the way he went about himself was a bit arrogant.

Always trying to break tackles etc - played the game as if he thought he was better than what he was.

Some of his off-field antics have a tough of arrogance about them too.

100% agree - he simply was not anywhere near as good as he thought he was.

1/2 this forum are having trouble digesting this fact.

He simply was not that good & he was too SLOW for AFL.

This is a brilliant decision by the MFC.

Good Bye Brock.

I don't think he was TOO slow, but he was borderline.

He did rate himself as a bit better than he actually was, especially his performance this last year, whatever the reasoning.

And I won't miss his goofy appearances representing the club in the media - he's now behind Gibbs, Murphy, Judd & Fev (if they let him out in public anymore).

I've definitely warmed to the decision in the last 24 hours...

In fact, in regards to arrogance, I was surprised to read one of his reasons for wanting to leave was his unhappiness with being asked to play a negating role - what is he? a prima donna?

agree with the calls about mclean's pace issues, he is way too slow. the forward experiment against carlton highlights this. when they chucked him up forward, there was no chance he was gonna get a shot at goal. yes he managed to find space, but as soon he led, there was already a carlton player ready to mop up or spoil.

Edited by chief demon

went out to dinner then came home to all this commotion. Geez i hope the other player that is rumoured to want out is not one of Davey, Sylvia or Jamar. McLean was expendable, the other 3 aren't.

Jamar? Wow how things have changed at demonland.

Maybe not 'star' but he is still important to this team. I'd be devastated if we lost Garland.

Me too. We've had a win with the McLean deal as far as I'm concerned, but Colin is our most promising defender. If we're to win a flag with this team, we must hold onto a player of Garland's ilk.

Edited by AdamFarr

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
Me too. We've had a win with the McLean deal as far as I'm concerned, but Colin is our most promising defender. If we're to win a flag with this team, we must hold onto a player of Garland's ilk.
our best defender is Frawley by a country mile, if you think colins in front of chip you have no idea, chip plays colin doesnt. :rolleyes::lol:

our best defender is Frawley by a country mile, if you think colins in front of chip you have no idea, chip plays colin doesnt. :rolleyes::lol:

Frawley had a very promising season, but he doesn't quite have the versitility of Garland, who can play on anyone from a small forward to a resting ruckman.

Jamar? Wow how things have changed at demonland.

He is extremely underrated by those supporting the MFC. He is our only half decent ruckman at the club. PJ is like a bloody yo-yo (but can't seem to get the gearstick out of reverse atm), jury is still out with Meesen, and Spencer is so uncoordinated it's not funny (he is not going to be the great hope everyone thinks he could be).

Jamar is by far and away our best ruck man, he averaged 10 hitouts more than PJ a game, plus he can take a decent pack mark. His kicking is a little iffy, but he just needs a little confidence in front of the big sticks.

Jamar for Captain :P

You observation that Colin isnt playing makes the rest of your post a moot point.

Colin / Matt were better last year, Chip this year, but only by virtue of Colin being in a moon boot.

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
You observation that Colin isnt playing makes the rest of your post a moot point.

Colin / Matt were better last year, Chip this year, but only by virtue of Colin being in a moon boot.

yeah thats correct, and colins still in a MOON BOOT, and chips getting ready for another preseason, who would you trade, frawley or garland?

Time for this club to take a stand and tell the other clubs to [censored] off, hands off our players. I am happy with the Brock trade, but thats enough. One or 2 injuries to key backs and we are stuffed, you need good depth in all areas and right now there is plenty of competition for a spot in the backline, the midfield will be the same next season, which i believe is why Brock left, so with pick 11 a key forward should be priority or a ruckman