Captain Flash

Mousey

Short lil NT article-

Captain Flash Article

I think he is right up there with a few more candidates... His leadership and importance for the other indigenous kids is unquestionably FANTASTIC!

He has come on in leaps and bounds in so many areas! i remember when he first came to the club he could hardly string a sentence together he was always so nervous!

I am one who feels Jmac should pass it on at the end of this year to someone else, only cause im happy for Jmac to stay on but i dont feel he will play EVERY game next year so why not give it to one of our more important players and there is no question when Davey does something special it lifts the whole team!

i don't think Flash is ready for captaincy just yet, but you're definitely right in saying he's gone from strength to strength from the little speedster who booted, what was it, something like 4.7 from Neita's feet in his second game? That day he could only smile during the interview. Flash is doing the right things, but i think he needs another year in the midfield to really stake a claim

not ready ?? :huh: Hes shown all the rigthelements in his stepping up this year. Has matured into a far more consistant and hard working player. His off field mentoring and leadehsip has apparently surprised osme but impressed more at the club. For me he has that particular qulaity any cpatian should have. He leads.. Youcansee hisefforts in tryingto get others going in games as well.

Yep.. Captain Flash is fine by me

not ready ?? :huh: Hes shown all the rigthelements in his stepping up this year. Has matured into a far more consistant and hard working player. His off field mentoring and leadehsip has apparently surprised osme but impressed more at the club. For me he has that particular qulaity any cpatian should have. He leads.. Youcansee hisefforts in tryingto get others going in games as well.

Yep.. Captain Flash is fine by me

I think he's stepped right up of late, he's been fantastic. But not quite yet.

I'd like to see an even more physical Davey, out on field. And to not get sucked in.

I for one feel that Flash is ready but I guess that decission is up to the club. Personally next year I'd like to see:

A. Davey ©

B. McLean (vc)

However if the club feels Davey isn't quite ready and possibly needs another 2 years to demand that role then I'd like to see:

B. Green ©

A. Davey (vc)

Don't forget Daniher talked up Davey as a potential captain several years ago.

I'm not sure i'd like too see Greeny captain next year, it's time to give it to the future. I'd prefer flash as vice, and Beamer as Captain.

Even if captain Flash has a great ring to it!

Edited by AzzKikA

Guest melbman

I stood behind the Dees bench at Casey when we played against the Bulldogs this year and got an extreme close up of how much a leader Davey is

His encouraging remarks and motivating actions toward his team mates was excellent

Captain Flash for me

If he's not ready now, then when?

I think it is time to make someone captain for the long haul. Time to look to the future.

Green's been great and would be a deserving captain but he likely wont be there in 5 years.

It's between Davey and Moloney for me.

Id go with Davey.

The image of him seemingly close to tears getting consoled by CC during the game against the Tigers after Jake King was giving him a hard time is a cross for me. Yes, he did turn the tables and had a big impact in the second half which is much to his credit, but the fact that King got so much under his skin shows he is still learning to handle the hard annoying tags and that will require his time and attention into the future.

Moloney and Green both seem to be a bit more in control of their games and would be great captains. I'm not sure of the age of those two, but hopefully the captain after the next one is someone appointed young that can lead for 5+ years.

Edited by S_T

I love the idea of Flash being captain, but I reckon it would be a tough call to put him ahead of Beamer and Greeny, neither of whom have done too much wrong. Flash has come on in leaps and bounds this year, and I have a gut feeling that he might lift another notch with more responsibility.

I think aspects of consideraton are stability and longevity. we al seem to think/hope/believe that we are now setting off on a legitimate journey towards a premiership. From here on we need on ( and off) field leadership. It will need someone who is not only going to be here nextyear...but come that time in september in 3,4, 5 years time. we dont want to be continually chppoing and changing Its time to set down the shape of things to come. I honestly just dont think Greeny might be around then. Beamer might be.. Davey ought to be, he's only 26. Hes exibited the requisite charqacteristics on field and is held in very high regards off field. I dont here the same of Beamer.

Then we have McLean. he seem sto wax and wane a little with his own performances and still from some accounts has his little demons.

I think Davey would make an excellent Captain of this proud club. It will be intersting to see what transpires next year.

Moloney and Green both seem to be a bit more in control of their games and would be great captains. I'm not sure of the age of those two, but hopefully the captain after the next one is someone appointed young that can lead for 5+ years.

Off the top of my head, Moloney is 25, Green 28, Davey 26.

I'm a huge wrap for Moloney, and have given my reasons at length in previous Captaincy threads. But Aaron as captain would also be a fantastic result. And so would Green.

Edited by Doggo

I for one feel that Flash is ready but I guess that decission is up to the club. Personally next year I'd like to see:

A. Davey ©

B. McLean (vc)

However if the club feels Davey isn't quite ready and possibly needs another 2 years to demand that role then I'd like to see:

B. Green ©

A. Davey (vc)

Don't forget Daniher talked up Davey as a potential captain several years ago.

No lets not hold that against him!! :lol::lol:

Aaron has the maturity and ability to handle the responsibility as well as the personal attention while his game is stronger by the year. With Robbo departing he will be the most recognised MFC player. For those reasons we think he should edge out beamer and Greeny. Beamer and Rivers have not been consistently on the park enough before this year. So if it is for 2010 then a Flash is a fair bet for the double with the Bluey in 2009.

If he's not ready now, then when?

I think it is time to make someone captain for the long haul. Time to look to the future.

Green's been great and would be a deserving captain but he likely wont be there in 5 years.

It's between Davey and Moloney for me.

Id go with Davey.

Davey Captain Moloney Vice for me

The image of him seemingly close to tears getting consoled by CC during the game against the Tigers after Jake King was giving him a hard time is a cross for me.

Yeah that concerned me too. It was shades of the 2006 final V's St Kilda when he lost the plot a couple of times. I thought he had grown out of that...

You don't see many if any captains lose the plot, get sucked in and dragged by the coach. I'm sure the club will take this into account.

That being said, what a credit to him if he did get the role.

I think the work a player does off field for the club and his teammates is held in just as high a regards as their onfield deeds.

-Davey acts as a mentor to all of the indigineous boys, and also his image is marketable as a 'brand' for the club.

-Moloney in conjunction with Junior, provides all of our draftees with a 'history of the club' package each year which includes DVDs and books so the kids know the sort of club they're joining, and is also responsible at least once a year in taking all our first year players on a boxing camp. As far as I'm aware he's done both these things (along with junior for the former of course) off his own bat because of his love and respect for the club.

I dont think we've seen a great deal of charisma from either when interviewed in the media, Davey comes off perenially softly-spoken and somewhat shy, while Moloney just seems to be one the media dont pay a lot of attention to so its hard to gauge.

Both these men posess many great characteristics that show they are clearly born to be leaders.

I'm not sure i'd like too see Greeny captain next year, it's time to give it to the future. I'd prefer flash as vice, and Beamer as Captain.

Even if captain Flash has a great ring to it!

Beamer?? Seriously

Not another case of over inflating an MFC players worth I hope.

Beamer?? Seriously

Not another case of over inflating an MFC players worth I hope.

It's not all about where a player may or may not be rated in terms of his football ability.

Harley and Maxwell are two recent examples of this.

Nowhere near the best players at their respective clubs, but by all accounts outstanding captains.

Aaron-Davey.jpg

That picture has "captain" all over it - strength, anger, dedication. Not saying that other candidates don't have them, but that image is the sort of image that is used for decades and decades.

I want him as Captain after Junior. 2010 will be his ultimate year.