Jamar

todd

Heard (from a Melbourne offical source) that Jamar is keen to move to Port Adel, were he is from.

I think it is a good a idea beacaue PA also need a ruckman with Lade soon to retire.

We could get Boak or Salopek with a deal?

What do you think?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....ahhhhh the thick plottens !!!!!! :lol::P

If true, it's a shame that after we've invested years and years in him and he is finally showing us something, that he decides he wants to go home. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

If he wants to go, we'll find a suitable trade and he can go.

It's a privilege to play for the MFC, not a right. If you don't want to be here, you shouldn't be.

Probably some of the best news I have heard for a while.....

While it is not good to lose a player that the club has invested so much time and effort into, it is a win/win because no doubt we will be trying to gain Salopek/Boak...

I would imagine something like Jamar and Pick 18 for Salopek/Boak and maybe a low down pick.....

Sad to see the big Russian go, but if he doesn't want to be here, then seeya big fella!

I think that we've got another three months of this stuff and most of it will come to naught.

I think that we've got another three months of this stuff and most of it will come to naught.

dont be so sure this year... I still maintainit will be a very active trade week. All the parameters are vastly different ...the spectre of GC..and inthe shadows WS.. a shallower draft.. different teams with differing themes. All adds up to a very interesting time :)

Once it ( trading ) get some momentum it could become a beast ..with many teams siezing upon this rather unique time in footy to adjust its lists before all hands are tied for the most part.

I think there will be just the hint of panic merchanting come this oct :)

Probably some of the best news I have heard for a while.....

I would imagine something like Jamar and Pick 18 for Salopek/Boak and maybe a low down pick.....

No thanks on Salopek.

As for a young top player like Boak....getting Jamar and Pick 18 is crap for PA.

If true, it's a shame that after we've invested years and years in him and he is finally showing us something, that he decides he wants to go home. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

It's a privilege to play for the MFC, not a right. If you don't want to be here, you shouldn't be.

One Brad Green came very close to leaving 10 months ago.

IF he wants to go and we there is a suitable trade, then good luck to him.

IF it falls through and he stays here, well good luck to everyone.

Medium to strong chance to still be around when we arrive in our window but developing Meesen or Spencer as the pure ruckman would be the most desirable as they will be 27 and 24 respectively when 2013 gets underway (Jamar will be 30 that September).

Jamar has clearly become our No.1 ruckman this year. Why would we trade him for someone like Salopek who cant play consistently good footy for the horribly pea-hearted Port Adelaide? He got dropped again this week. Just because he was a Top Ten draft pick does that mean he'll be any good if he moves clubs.

But clearly this is already a done deal based on the concrete evidence we've been given, so I'm probably wasting my breath here. NEXT!

Jamar has been living in Melbourne for almost 10 years, his life would be firmly in Victoria these days, He is finally the number one ruckman here. Why would he want to go back to S.A?

And why Port? Why on earth would anyone want to play for Port? Surely if you wanted to go back to S.A you would want to play for the crows?

Or is it because someone realised that Port don't have any ruckmen and realised that Jamar was from S.A, and put two and two together?

let the games begin !!! :lol:

rumour mongers must be getting themselves soaked at present... :D

Jamar has been living in Melbourne for almost 10 years, his life would be firmly in Victoria these days, He is finally the number one ruckman here. Why would he want to go back to S.A?

And why Port? Why on earth would anyone want to play for Port? Surely if you wanted to go back to S.A you would want to play for the crows?

Or is it because someone realised that Port don't have any ruckmen and realised that Jamar was from S.A, and put two and two together?

Let the romours begin lol

Heard (from a Melbourne offical source) that Jamar is keen to move to Port Adel, were he is from.

I think it is a good a idea beacaue PA also need a ruckman with Lade soon to retire.

We could get Boak or Salopek with a deal?

What do you think?

Jamar, Bell, Newton & Pick 34 to Port

Boak to Carlton

Carlton's first pick (as stands 13) to Melbourne.

Gives us 4 top 20 picks.

1. Scully

2. Trengove

13. Panos

18. Jetta

AAAARRRGGGHHHH

LOL

Mite be a couple weeks to early on the thread topic.. but having said that..

Jamar is probably not in the top 15/20 ruckmen in the league, so if Port are silly enough to even entertain a 'Boak/jamar+draft pick' trade (as long as its NOT pick 1 or 2- if we get both), then the Dees would be stupid not to go for it!!

But PICK 1 and 2 ARE UNTOUCHABLE!! I'm confident BP would 2nd that statement.

Its more than just a guess id say.Unfortunatly im from Adelaide & i can say with fact that Mark Williams has said that they will do whatever they can to get a new ruckman.In the last few weeks he has stated several times that if a ruck wants to come home to SA or have a new start they will be keen on it.He admitted its the clubs biggest problem & he has said they will trade to get what they want.Seabys name has come up as has Woods.Jamars name hasnt but he said he would welcome any SA boy home & im sure they would look at him as they talked about him last year.Would be great if they would trade Salopek for Jamar as this would be good for both clubs & i dont believe they can demand to much as i think Salopek is out of contract

Why on earth would Port want Bell and Newton?

You are a waste of cyberspace.

Ouch! No need to get personal, I was being sarcastic, of course Port wouldn't entertain a deal like that. I've got no doubt they'd be looking for a top 10 pick min.

The "not losing any sleep over it" part is the only part I can concur with.

If we lost jamar for anything around a 3rd rounder or better, I'd be thrilled, and would take it in a heartbeat... ASSUMING that there are 4 players on the list capable of being selected as ruckmen. As it is right now, Meesen, Jamar, PJ and Spencer, with Martin another option. If Jamar goes, that leaves one of the remaining 3 ruckmen as our option next year... Meaning we'd either have to recruit a ruckman within the first 2 rounds, or trade for a ready made.

Sounds good to me. No disrespect to Mark, but market value is market value. If this rumour is true, and I'm a long way from believing it is, then I'd suggest Mark has had a shift in the back of his mind for a long time, and now that he's marginally improved his worth in the league, maybe he feels now is the time to strike.

Im pretty sure Port showed some interest to bell last year.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they have for the last few seasons, his stocks would have dropped a bit though. I'd be interested to see what they would offer for a former top 20 pick. If Bell does go will then be interesting to discuss whether the Woewodin deal was worth it in the end. As Bell was the draft pick we obtained in that deal.

I've got a feeling that if this is true and Jamar wants to leave then we're all going to be a bit surprised with his value on the open market.

Hopefully it's similar to the market value of Jolly when he left. I was very suprised with the draft pick we received for him, although in hindsight it hasn't worked out our way. But at the time I thought it was a good deal.