Jamar

todd

Jamar and Newton for pick 98

:lol: :lol:

i think adding newton to any trade would lesson its value..

having said that i dont mind the big russian.. but if we can get something decent for him.. seeya later buddy!!

..but does that mean we are stuck with PJ?? thats not cool.. hopefully Mees and Spence can become superstars over night

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well put it this way, he has shown more than any other ruckman on our list by a long long way.

Garbage. He has had a good season with limited opportunities due to injury. PJ had a good season last year, and while he's not come on this year, he's managed to play half a dozen good games, and done jobs on Cox and Sandilands, which takes some doing.

He's leading the Ruck brigade at this stage, but not by as much as people keep saying. Can't believe how much hatred there is for PJ on here.

Garbage. He has had a good season with limited opportunities due to injury. PJ had a good season last year, and while he's not come on this year, he's managed to play half a dozen good games, and done jobs on Cox and Sandilands, which takes some doing.

He's leading the Ruck brigade at this stage, but not by as much as people keep saying. Can't believe how much hatred there is for PJ on here.

Hatred?!

The bloke is a 6'10 winger-trying-to-play-ruck who is constantly beaten in one-on-one contests with smaller and lighter opponents, his tapwork is adequate but nowhere near Jamar (and that is saying something).

His only chance of staying long term is as a back-up to a better ruckman. But Martin is a more competitive animal in the middle, is far more versatile, and two years younger.

If that is 'hatred' then so be it.

HAHA, you have got to be kidding me. Jamar is such a superior ruckman to PJ that it's not funny. Unfortunately for PJ, he has gone backwards so fast this year, not even Usain Bolt could match it.

JAMAR!

the new full forward weve been looking for :P

Hasnt put a foot wrong all year after all the time and patience put into him it would be silly to just let him go.

I doubt wed get much for him any way maybe a second rounder in a compromised draft at best.

What's he shown, exactly?

Has improved out of sight this year, both with his rucking and general field play.

The 5 goal haul today was something I personally never ever thought I'd see from him.

As I said, it would be unfortunate to lose him now, after we've invested so much time in developing him.

After today's Carey-like performance, I want a top 10 pick :P

Has improved out of sight this year, both with his rucking and general field play.

The 5 goal haul today was something I personally never ever thought I'd see from him.

As I said, it would be unfortunate to lose him now, after we've invested so much time in developing him.

After today's Carey-like performance, I want a top 10 pick :P

I think it's called, confidance, self belief, its catching. :P:lol:

I think it's called, confidance, self belief, its catching. :P:lol:

I think its called confidence.

But I also believed he played well above his ability today.

Quick trade him, before someone realises his real worth...

Edited by Enforcer25

I dont get it were in need of a ruckman, here we have one that is playing well.

What are the chances of us getting a decent ruckman id say unlikely.

At this point id be keeping him, lets hope he backs it up next year i dont want to look back and say damn we should of traded him while he was worth someting.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
I think its called confidence.

But I also believed he played well above his ability today.

Quick trade him, before someone realises his real worth...

Yep. If he wants to go then so be it but he won't do that again as long as his bum points to the ground. Maybe he thought he owed us something on the trade table.

Good work today from the Russian.

Taking today's bag of goals away, he's certainly improved this year. Hoping that we don't end up with a Jolly situation if we do decide to move him on.

Doubt it, Jolly was young when we traded him jamar will be 27 next year.

I dont get it were in need of a ruckman, here we have one that is playing well.

What are the chances of us getting a decent ruckman id say unlikely.

At this point id be keeping him, lets hope he backs it up next year i dont want to look back and say damn we should of traded him while he was worth someting.

He's finally coming of age but will be 27 soon.

By the time we are ready to challenge he will be 30 odd and we will need to replace him. It could very well hold us back from real contention.

And whilst he's showing some form, he's hardly Dean Cox and it was hardly the best defence in the league

About 1% of the trade rumours brought up around here have any truth in them and I seriously doubt this one. If by some miracle it did turn out to be true I'd be massively dissapointed, I rate the Russian, always have.

ND stunted his development for years,giving him a couple of minutes at the end of quarters. He improved considerably last year under Bailey and despite injuries has taken another massive step forward this year. Next year, if he can stay on the park, he'll be a major reason for our climb up the ladder.

Bails is obviously looking for a ruck option who can go forward and kick a few goals for us, he said as much in his post match presser. He's tried PJ, he's tried Martin, who would of thought Jamar would be the one to shine. He's strong and kept his feet in the contests beautifully today and kicked really well. I honestly think he could be a top 5 ruckman in the comp in the next year or two.

Summing up, required player, not going anywhere, even if he wants to which I highly doubt.

And whilst he's showing some form, he's hardly Dean Cox and it was hardly the best defence in the league

That's a good point. Actually, Carlton weren't even bothering to defend. Neither we nor they were bothering to pick anyone up. It's a game plan that suited them. They had an attack, and we didn't.

That's a good point. Actually, Carlton weren't even bothering to defend. Neither we nor they were bothering to pick anyone up. It's a game plan that suited them. They had an attack, and we didn't.

I agree that the lack of defensive pressure by both sides made the game look more like a game of basketball going end to end. Its was a game at 3/4 pace with no sting or urgency in it.

Jamar 5, Robbo 5 and we didn't have an attack. FWIW, I thought we were inferior through the midfield and with the use of the ball

Well, yeah, in effect they were happy to let it develop into a shoot-out and back in their midfield to win more of the contested ball / clearances / force more turnovers.

Which, even though we kept pace with them for some time, they eventually did.

I agree that the lack of defensive pressure by both sides made the game look more like a game of basketball going end to end. Its was a game at 3/4 pace with no sting or urgency in it.

Jamar 5, Robbo 5 and we didn't have an attack. FWIW, I thought we were inferior through the midfield and with the use of the ball

Defence is probably the only area where we were superior. At least on paper. Jeez people have jumped on Thornton haven't they?

Interesting also that we were almost completely bereft in the midfield. No McLean, Jones, Bruce, Green... and Jamar was down forward for the majority. Moloney, McDonald and Valenti.. along with Davey in the second half, tried manfully. But it seemed o be half a midfield against a full midfield. And a gifted one at that.

Use of the ball... hardly a shock really. It had improved last week, but I wasn't confident the wind had changed.

Oh... and I think on a day with some kind of defence in place, Jamar and Robbo would have kicked 2 or 3, making it hardly a newsworthy day.

What I don't get, is that Ratten didn't angle for a 100 point win. Why so uncommitted? Were we just better than he thought we'd be? It would only have helped CFC...

JAMAR!

the new full forward weve been looking for :P

Hasnt put a foot wrong all year after all the time and patience put into him it would be silly to just let him go.

I doubt wed get much for him any way maybe a second rounder in a compromised draft at best.

He shoulda been our FF after 3 straight at Sandy!!!

Would be an error to let Jamar go.

Trades like this rarely, if ever, work.

They always work for one of the parties. (Actually, even that's not strictly true.)

But wouldn't you (not specifically you) have said the same about Travis after he'd had 35-odd possessions against an average Carlton 2 years ago..?

"Looked like an absolute gun - why would you get rid of him? Clearly he had heaps left in the tank..." etc, etc, ad nauseum

"What are the chances of even getting a good player at pick 14..?"