Channel 10 Commentary

Juice Newton

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was poor - the nasal twang, the delay, the wrong names. The best bit was when she commented that Geelong were playing as if it ws a training drill...only for them to turn the ball over on our 50m line.

Said it all, really.

Andy Maher has a shocking Bogan Voice, & he is allowed to warble on...

And Andy Maher shouldn't be allowed to commentate either. But atleast he isn't inside the commentary box so we don't have the problem of trying to watch the TV coverage with him going for glory.

And Andy Maher shouldn't be allowed to commentate either. But atleast he isn't inside the commentary box so we don't have the problem of trying to watch the TV coverage with him going for glory.

He often Does SEN though. It's just so Bad!! Before the Game...AAArgh Just crawl into a cave Andy & spare us all your Bogan Twang.

It gives this country a bad name!

I remember when Anthony Hudson and Clinton Grybas first started commentating for television, and they both had trouble getting out of 'Radio Mode'. So that can be fixed. Commentating for TV is just a different ball game.

But having now had a look at the whole replay, she was all over the shop. I'll cut her some slack because she's just starting out, but there's much to improve.

If she can learn the players names and read the play a little better, I'd probably prefer her to Dwayne "I think I'm so witty" Russell and Michael "Oh don't tell me!!" Christian. And anybody, annnybody is better than Andy "You blokes" Maher.

Absolute joke that a woman was let anywhere near a commentary box.

Woeful.

haha. to true. she was truely right up there with hudson, maher, christian, and mcaveney as commentators i have no time for and would not be upset if i never heard their voices ever again. pretty muc the whole chanel 10 and 7 commentary teams really when i think about it

haha. to true. she was truely right up there with hudson, maher, christian, and mcaveney as commentators i have no time for and would not be upset if i never heard their voices ever again. pretty muc the whole chanel 10 and 7 commentary teams really when i think about it

Well what do expect? Maybe your being to judgmental considering you think every commentate sucks.

Is there any one your prefer.

Well what do expect? Maybe your being to judgmental considering you think every commentate sucks.

Is there any one your prefer.

i think tim lane, dennis commetti go alright and can mildly tollerate robert walls. but that chick. she was [censored]. her annoying voice and slinging off at melbourne supporters cos its popular, gee you'v found a real tallent there chanel 10. a biased call if ever i heard one. and going backl to that voice, i cringed every time she spoke

i think tim lane, dennis commetti go alright and can mildly tollerate robert walls. but that chick. she was [censored]. her annoying voice and slinging off at melbourne supporters cos its popular, gee you'v found a real tallent there chanel 10. a biased call if ever i heard one. and going backl to that voice, i cringed every time she spoke

Yea i agree with you comments on underwood or wat eva, her bogany anouying voice, bloody irratating.

But for some reason i dont find too bad of a problem with the other comenators. Probably because ive learned to get used to it since im going to have to hear it alot.

It's funny that her bogan accent annoys people, because most footy players I know are bogan's and all the footy players in school were bogan's. Bogan is almost synonomous with footy. Beer, pie, footy, footy, footy. She should have a place with that voice...

Her voice is grating - too nasal and more ocker than I have heard in a commentator for a long while.

What Arthur Daley would call "GBH of the ear'oles".

Edited by dreamin' man

did anyone else notice that when she talks normally she doesn't really have the bogan voice? it just comes out when she puts on her "commentating" voice. just trying way too hard i think good on her for having a crack but if this is the best there is then we're in trouble. reckon pauline hanson has a better voice for commentating.

was terrible - watched the replay agin this morning and what a B grade commentary team we were presented with.....

she was very ordinary and made me mute the tv....

it annoys me that huddo is never discussed when we mention bias in commentators.... he was terrible on the weekend!! at the end of the commentary he goes - we should talk about melbourne as we havent mentioned them much.....

the cheer squad having to sit 30 rows back..... the one sided umpiring!!

ablett using hands in the back in the second quarter went unnoticed!!

seriously, geelong is only good for oil refinery, ford cars at a stretch and train drivers!!

did anyone else notice that when she talks normally she doesn't really have the bogan voice? it just comes out when she puts on her "commentating" voice. just trying way too hard i think good on her for having a crack but if this is the best there is then we're in trouble. reckon pauline hanson has a better voice for commentating.

It's always very bogan. It just hasn't been thread worthy before.

Kelly came across as a bit of a "Tryhard" unfortunately.

That voice was very hard to listen to and very robotic.Maybe that was just her TV voice however I hope she relaxes a bit and she may sound a bit more natural.

Prefer commentators to be neutral aslo.

Would we all be complaining about Kelli Underwood had we won on the weekend?

Yes. Of the five people I was with - a Don, a Blue, a Kanga, another Blue and an impartial - all made it plain early on that Kellis commentary was negatively impacting on their viewing of the game. I was more interested watching / 'calling' the game myself (figured early that her call was worthless) so didn't care much, but by quarter time all five demanded the sound be muted. Something that has never happened at these gatherings before.

It's a pretty damning assessment that a room of football nutz (+1) would prefer to kill off one of the two relevent senses entirely than put up with her call.

Good luck Kelli. You'll certainly need it.

Edited by Trident

The goal umpire's gender is not relevant here though...

but she was a women was she not? i was not being sexist just merely describing the goal umpire. or am i not allowed to mention she was a women for fear of coming across as sexist?

It was totally relevant being that she was a women.

Yes. Of the five people I was with - a Don, a Blue, a Kanga, another Blue and an impartial - all made it plain early on that Kellis commentary was negatively impacting on their viewing of the game. I was more interested watching / 'calling' the game myself (figured early that her call was worthless) so didn't care much, but by quarter time all five demanded the sound be muted. Something that has never happened at these gatherings before.

It's a pretty damning assessment that a room of football nutz (+1) would prefer to kill off one of the two relevent senses entirely than put up with her call.

Good luck Kelli. You'll certainly need it.

Agreed i did much the same. she was terrible. some people have it, some don't. I'd like to say i'd give her another week but i could not listen to her again if she was calling a match i wantede to watch. Scrapheap for mine.

Agreed i did much the same. she was terrible. some people have it, some don't. I'd like to say i'd give her another week but i could not listen to her again if she was calling a match i wantede to watch. Scrapheap for mine.

I had her down as Julia Gillard on helium!

Most of her comments were no worse than the likes of Huddo, BT, and Quarters. It's just hearing a female voice commentating a game that is extremely blokey is jarring. Just as it'd be jarring hearing a male voice commentating netball (not that i watch it!).

No, she is horrible.

I'm sure its hard at first, but she is definitely not going to improve to the point of being bareable.

But hey, at least she isn't Grant Hackett.

Just as it'd be jarring hearing a male voice commentating netball.

That's it though, it isn't. Grew up on ABC sports loving hearing professional male and female callers in various different game types. Unfortunately Kelli, atm, is just that bad.

That's it though, it isn't. Grew up on ABC sports loving hearing professional male and female callers in various different game types. Unfortunately Kelli, atm, is just that bad.

I think Kelli should be given a fair go.............they should give her the job fo commentating on the Frem v Port, Bris v Frem, Syd v Frem games.