Tankomania

Yze_Magic

Freo were up by 9 goals against us last year at the G.

We don't have Aussie playing, and he was instrumental in that win.

As long as they have Pav and Sandi playing, nothing is certain.

Based on form over the week end MFC could easily win more than 1 more game!! So yes nothing is certain! On Saturday we were comfortably assuming Pt Adelaide would come to play against MFC.

Freo's effort makes a win against them at the G an odds on certainty now.

The danger is that ALL of the sides was play in the next 5 weeks lost on the weekend and only 1 of those Geelong will play finals. As we can only afford to win 1 more game significant change we could win 2 or more! Swans and Roos at least may send some off early for surgery.

Also, even if we make changes to the team the guys next in line playing at Casey are also playing well so the Football Department has a big task to manage things over next 5 weeks.

As noted above its very frustrating to noe get an ideal run home when we least need one!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I necessarily agree players would play better for this reason, but one extra pick in the top 5 will most likely mean we will drop one extra player than we otherwise would have.

I understand that rationale, but the truth is that our win was driven by guys who aren't in danger of being culled at the end of the year.

As others have mentioned, we'll beat Freo at the G. We could beat North, but I doubt it.

The Richmond game is the key. Whether it be by list management, or Richmond winning on their merits, I reckon we will lose that game.

I still reckon that Scully will be a Dee. But I'm very nervous.

I agree on all fronts.

In other news: Pavlich could be back this week from his 'calf' injury. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.

You could make a case, for winning all of the remaining games.

Are we to judge the Geelong v Melb game based on win/loss over the past two weeks? What's the case for defeating St. Kilda?

I can see a case for the other games (although that doesn't mean I think we're likely to win them).

Defeating Sydney is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Geelong will beat us down at catland.

I reckon Richmond have a fair chance at beating us too, but would not be surprised if we won that too.

After the last 2 weeks I think we can kiss Scully goodbye and would not be surprised with we end up with 7 wins :)

We won't beat North. We play them at Etihad. We have not played well at Etihad even when the club has been playing good.

Like in 2007 when we beat the Doggies at the Docklands against all odds and ended up on 5 wins and no priority pick?

Are we to judge the Geelong v Melb game based on win/loss over the past two weeks? What's the case for defeating St. Kilda?

Geelong have lots of injuries. And NO forward line.

St Kilda might well be more than one game clear at the top and resting some - unless they are going for a perfect game!

Geelong have lots of injuries. And NO forward line.

St Kilda might well be more than one game clear at the top and resting some - unless they are going for a perfect game!

There is no way we will beat Geelong or St Kilda, absolutely no chance. They are in a different league to us. Geelong's midfield will tear us apart, the Saints forward line will dominate us. The cats will bring Ablett back this week.

Edited by Junior

I don't understand. Prior to the West Coast game we were playing horrible. We have beaten West Coast in a game that we had to win no matter what and beaten Port Adelaide where they looked even worse than us. I still don't think we are much chop (we are showing improvement) but North will win over us at Etihad and I think Richmond will get us back after we beat them earlier this year.

The only game coming that I know we will win is against Freo at the G.

If West Coast can 'rest' Cox and Kerr, then we can rest Davey, Green, McLean etc...

And we can't get much younger - Casey has only Watts, Bail, and Cheney up and running. The rest are injured.

Bail! Great notion! I'd be quite happy if we decided to "blood" him about now. Perhaps let him play out the season in the hopes that he learns from the pace and intensity of the game...

Richmond have been pretty competitive lately, losing to Adelaide by 17 points and Carlton by 20 points.

They aren't going too badly.

Freo are shocking, bad enough normally, but without their two best players [Pavlich and Sandilands, plus Palmer missing] they stink. Will be lucky to win another game for the year.

I get the feeling the Melbourne players are enjoying that winning feeling. And don't discount the "Jim Stynes factor". Should beat Freo and might snag a win against either Richmond, Kangas or even Sydney.

But the smart move would be to not win more than 4 games, and my money is on that happening. Although Richmond and Freo will be thinking the same, so those games will be farcical.

I notice West Coast are flagging the idea of Dean Cox finishing up for the year with his groin injury.

Let the games begin.

We cant afford to win one more game. the PP are too important however it will be hard to finish last now as Freo are clearly in Tanking mood. We want scully and butcher, we need them if we are to have a chance to win a flag in the next five years, Otherwise it will be just like the 90's frequent Finals appearances but just lacking the extra class to go all the way

The players are playing Hard & True for Jimmy Stynes. We will win more games, you cannot blame the players.

But Looking at that draw we have a strong chance to win 7 wins at years end. Sadly Tom Scully will not be a demon the way things are.

He will be a Docker which makes me ill. But it is the way it is.

Richmond have been pretty competitive lately, losing to Adelaide by 17 points and Carlton by 20 points.

They aren't going too badly.

Freo are shocking, bad enough normally, but without their two best players [Pavlich and Sandilands, plus Palmer missing] they stink. Will be lucky to win another game for the year.

I get the feeling the Melbourne players are enjoying that winning feeling. And don't discount the "Jim Stynes factor". Should beat Freo and might snag a win against either Richmond, Kangas or even Sydney.

But the smart move would be to not win more than 4 games, and my money is on that happening. Although Richmond and Freo will be thinking the same, so those games will be farcical.

I notice West Coast are flagging the idea of Dean Cox finishing up for the year with his groin injury.

Let the games begin.

Agree on all points.

The Richmond that will take the field on August 2 will be very different to the side Melbourne knocked off for its first win. On paper Richmond look to have us covered in midfield with Cousins, Cotchin, Deledio, Tuck and Tambling all playing good football. 3 of those didn't play in round 4. I'm not banking on us winning this (in fact I'm banking on us NOT winning this!), and feel it's quite realistic to expect that Fremantle will be the last game we win this year. Sydney are always competitive at Manuka, Kanga's have been very close in the last couple of weeks (look a better side with Boomer harvey back). Finishing on 5 wins will be the worst possible result for Melbourne.

3 out of 4 on Footy Classified agreed (Garry begrudgingly).

Guest Watts=Saviour

Any chance Freo wouldn't take Scully because of the go-home factor? There's a hell of a lot of WA boys up for grabs this year, long term they may be better off picking them.

Last superstar that went west is now captaining Carlton, I hope they keep that in mind.

Any chance Freo wouldn't take Scully because of the go-home factor? There's a hell of a lot of WA boys up for grabs this year, long term they may be better off picking them.

Last superstar that went west is now captaining Carlton, I hope they keep that in mind.

There's a chance that they rate Morabito's upside higher than Scully's. He would certainly suit Freo's recruiting template and would be exciting to watch on the open spaces at Subi.

Freo vs Brisbane tonight.

The game is in Perth, so lets hope Freo can produce an upset.